corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Working over Christmas...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Working over Christmas...
John

User status: Offline
29th Nov 12 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the new full time for people that don't have the skills to work old full time.
antnee

29th Nov 12 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It all depends on the contract. My contract states how many hours a week, but also states this is down to how busy the company is, so hours can increase or decrease.
Ben G

29th Nov 12 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly, working on the shop floor of a department store is not a dead end job.

i used to push trolleys around somerfield car park and in the 2 years and 9 months i was there (part time), ended up getting promoted to checkout supervisor before handing my notice in near enough straight away due to a better opportunity.

secondly, does her working times and days fall on the days you've said?

when our working days used to fall on christmas day, we were required to come to work on boxing day to make up the time lost due to the store closing. it was pretty shit tbh, but moneys money.

if shes not happy, she needs to speak to the manager about this or find another job. most managers are selfish, it's a perk of the job, but maybe she just thought your other half would be willing to work the extra hours due to asking for them in the past?
Ben G

29th Nov 12 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I'd leave but then I would never work Christmas anyway unless they were offering me thousands of pounds. No point earning 'quadruplegazuple time' if you can't enjoy time with your family.

agreed.

my grandad had a heart attack on christmas day last year. really put things into perspective when we had our christmas dinner and everyone was sad and worried.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th Nov 12 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Debenhams are cunts for this. Also all of the midnight shifts up to midnight.

We just used to "go away" for christmas each year.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Norcy91

29th Nov 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
firstly, working on the shop floor of a department store is not a dead end job.

i used to push trolleys around somerfield car park and in the 2 years and 9 months i was there (part time), ended up getting promoted to checkout supervisor before handing my notice in near enough straight away due to a better opportunity.

secondly, does her working times and days fall on the days you've said?

when our working days used to fall on christmas day, we were required to come to work on boxing day to make up the time lost due to the store closing. it was pretty shit tbh, but moneys money.

if shes not happy, she needs to speak to the manager about this or find another job. most managers are selfish, it's a perk of the job, but maybe she just thought your other half would be willing to work the extra hours due to asking for them in the past?

She doesn't have set working days and times if that makes sense

Seems strange to me really, when i was at Morrisons part time i had tuesday and thursday evenings 5-10 every week. Whereas she only finds out what days and times she's working when they do the rota a month beforehand, and there's not much she can do when she wants to swap those shifts around either.

I've never known a department store or a supermarket, who have lots of part time workers, run like that.
Ben G

29th Nov 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My other half works full time and finds out the next weeks rota's on the friday before.
antnee

29th Nov 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does her contract say?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Working over Christmas... 23 database queries in 0.0121670 seconds