corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My mates courtesy car

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My mates courtesy car
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 12 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice!!!!!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Twiggy

3rd Dec 12 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet he is not liking the petrol bill!
SXI - Matt

3rd Dec 12 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
Bet he is not liking the petrol bill!

For a week I wouldn't mind what the bill was a good way to blow a bit of money
CORSA NUT

3rd Dec 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Awesome, id call in sick and rag that around all day

My boss would give me the day off on principal alone
BluKoo

3rd Dec 12 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazing. My dad once got an MGF in return for the 911 when he put it in for a service.
I couldn't believe it
LeeM

3rd Dec 12 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BYRON
......and this is why credit hire is so lucrative for all the wrong reasons.

The 'at fault' insurer will probably be hit for a bill upwards of £600 per day for that.

i used to deal with both defending and chasing claims like this. not a chance in hell the at fault insurer will pay for it. first they need to show need for a vehicle, usually pretty easy. but with it being a prestige vehicle over 6 years old (im assuming it is being an E46) then proof needs to be shown that he needs a prestige vehicle.
depending on the hire company, this guy may well be in a nice new M3 at the moment, but when the at fault insurer knock back the claim and pay the daily rate for a perfectly suitable focus or astra at £60/day the hire company could perfectly legally bill him for the rest due to the fact he's signed hire agreement which holds him liable.
BYRON

4th Dec 12 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LeeM - Slight scare mongering there. I too have alot of experience in credit hire, and our stipulation to the credit hire company is that no car is to be provided unless costs are relaimed by them and there is no risk to the driver. Occasionally the at fault insurer pushes back and it goes through court - but the driver is protected.
LeeM

4th Dec 12 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

slightly yes, but still fact. the M3 is in SP10 by GTA rates, the 318 coupe is SP5 so straight away with no question of need that will be questioned.
my main point is that insurers are well on the ball nowadays and arent just paying out whatever theyre asked for they get a bill for an SP10 which the M3 fall into, they wont have any obligation to pay any more than the SP5 of the 318 coupe, and even then they can get away with paying less unless this guy genuinely has a need for that type of vehicle
Ben G

4th Dec 12 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you mean by 'then proof needs to be shown that he needs a prestige vehicle'?

so if the guy gets his lovely nice prestigous motor smashed up because some retard wasn't paying attention, they have to drive around in some shopping trolley?

ok this is an extreme example (e46-new m3), but i'd expect a similar car to mine if it got crashed into.
Robin
Premium Member

4th Dec 12 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought we did well with a brand new 320d when we had our E46 325ci repaired!
LeeM

4th Dec 12 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
what do you mean by 'then proof needs to be shown that he needs a prestige vehicle'?

so if the guy gets his lovely nice prestigous motor smashed up because some retard wasn't paying attention, they have to drive around in some shopping trolley?

ok this is an extreme example (e46-new m3), but i'd expect a similar car to mine if it got crashed into.

it gets complicated, if theres an image to be upheld and stuff then theres the need. if all you use the car for is to travel to work and back then theres no need to inflate costs by hiring a prestige vehicle when an astra/focus would achieve the same goal.
while you have an entitlement to be put in a position no worse than you were prior to the accident you also have a stronger legal obligation to mitigate costs. mitigation wins so with no proof of need for a prestige vehicle then the at fault insurer has no obligation to pay the inflated costs for a sports/exec vehicle.

sc0ott

4th Dec 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What makes this different to a normal m3 other than the black wheels?

Reminds me of the limited edition corsa with the black wheels and roof. Pointless imo.
LeeM

4th Dec 12 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not trying to piss on anyones bonfire, im just countering the complaints that this is why insurance is so high. ultimately this sort of upgrade should only cost the accident management/hire company rather than an insurer.
taylorboosh

4th Dec 12 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John-d was given a mini vert when his m3 went in, asked for a m3 but was refused

[Edited on 04-12-2012 by taylorboosh]
LeeM

4th Dec 12 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://apps.abi.org.uk/tphire/documents/

section 4, specifically 4.5 covers rules on prestige. im not talkin bollocks
davieslim

4th Dec 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates customer got crashed into with his n plate fiat brava and they gave him an m3 and my dads old y plate freelander got hit they gave him a new 535d msport tourer lol
Ben G

4th Dec 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:

it gets complicated, if theres an image to be upheld and stuff then theres the need. if all you use the car for is to travel to work and back then theres no need to inflate costs by hiring a prestige vehicle when an astra/focus would achieve the same goal.
while you have an entitlement to be put in a position no worse than you were prior to the accident you also have a stronger legal obligation to mitigate costs. mitigation wins so with no proof of need for a prestige vehicle then the at fault insurer has no obligation to pay the inflated costs for a sports/exec vehicle.

i completely agree with you and tbh i wouldn't be too bothered about getting a diesel hatch to travel to work, but what about at weekends when i want to get the roof down and enjoy the weather (if it's nice).

surely i have a right to be entitled to that?

if the argument is that there must be a need to own a luxury/prestigous/high end motor then that hits a road block straight away as a mondeo/insignia will be sufficient.

it just seems to me that it would never hold up in court because cars are never 'needed', more wanted, hence why we don't all drive the same car.
John

4th Dec 12 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
John-d was given a mini vert when his m3 went in, asked for a m3 but was refused

[Edited on 04-12-2012 by taylorboosh]

That wasn't for a crash though was it?
LeeM

4th Dec 12 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i completely agree with you and tbh i wouldn't be too bothered about getting a diesel hatch to travel to work, but what about at weekends when i want to get the roof down and enjoy the weather (if it's nice).

surely i have a right to be entitled to that?

if the argument is that there must be a need to own a luxury/prestigous/high end motor then that hits a road block straight away as a mondeo/insignia will be sufficient.

it just seems to me that it would never hold up in court because cars are never 'needed', more wanted, hence why we don't all drive the same car.

yep, usually in court it goes the way of the at fault insurer and costs are reduced. things like company directors, sales managers etc where there is potentially an image to uphold with customers etc cover the prestige class.
theres financial benefit to settle early, ie the M3 will be billed at £600 which is the spot hire rate, once billed if the tpi pay it immediately they'll get it at about £300, 30 days later 7.5% penalties apply, then 30 days later 15% then after 90 days theyre liable for the full £600. then with the risk the full rate will be upheld in court, theyre more inclined to pay early without going to court based on a weak "need"
thats where the groups come into it, the 318 coupe is a lower group (sp5) than the M3 (sp10) so the max payable by the ABI guidelines is the SP5 rate.
so arguably there may not be a need for a prestige/sport vehicle, but is it worth the risk of paying a spot rate on SP5 in court than just accepting a weak need and paying the early ABI rate on that.

going off on a tangent, but still the TPI wont be paying for that M3
Ben J

4th Dec 12 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS. What's happened to the days of "oooh an M3 courtesy car, EPIC"

Why all the politics???

Bet Tom is so glad he made this thread now.
Ben G

4th Dec 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you not find it interesting, Ben J?
Ben J

4th Dec 12 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. I find it boring.
Ben G

4th Dec 12 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it gives us normal guys an insight into the mind of insurance companies.
Graham88

4th Dec 12 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool as fuck! I was happy to get a brand new VW 2 litre tdi jets when I crashed my 03 plate 1.4 Fiesta!

[Edited on 04-12-2012 by Graham88]
Joe

4th Dec 12 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old mans had a Chevy matiz and a Honda jazz last time his car went into Aston.

[Edited on 04-12-2012 by Joe]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My mates courtesy car 23 database queries in 0.0202830 seconds