corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Racism. Part 873

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Racism. Part 873
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
4th Jan 13 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think we should ignore Steve and hope he just goes away.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Yep, hes walked off because hes got a "bit of abuse" thats whats happened here.

Thats what it amounts to, verbal abuse, players get it all the time.

It shouldnt be ignored totally. It should have been raised after the game, not assume he can just walk off, there was no physical abuse, and as a professional footballer he should be able to continue and deal with it in the right manner.

Ians points are spot on and cannot be argued with tbh.

[Edited on 04-01-2013 by Steve]
JonnyJ

4th Jan 13 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course they can be argued with you imbecile. So ok, lets raise it after the game, this highly insignificant game, what would have happened? Fuck all and no media coverage.

What hes done has brought it right back into the spotlight, shown how much it upsets players, it needs addressing, it shouldnt happen. Even the majority of the home crowd clapped him off to show their support.

Suppose we should have ignored the Suarez/Evra thing too, told Evra to man the fuck up and sort his life out. And really I'd be expecting to see Man Utd fans applauding Liverpools response, because they basically ignored it too.

Thats what you want right?

I dont want players walking off, the players dont want to fucking walk off FFS. Players have been subject to abuse from the crowd for years, 99% of it can get shrugged off and players have done just that in throughout the history of football but clearly this is an issue they are not prepared to put up with and they shouldnt have to.

Owen got it right, its a shame it took a player to take this action and not an official.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd actually consider Rooney being called Shrek or any other player being told the crowd has shagged his wife more offensive than a lot of racism.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should have been sent off for deliberate handball
JonnyJ

4th Jan 13 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right. Well then theres no point arguing a point here as you dont see racial abuse as a problem so im not exactly going to change your views.

Keep throwing them bananas. The players dont mind it really, just like to randomly kick up a fuss about it for no reason.
Robin
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely making a big deal out of it by walking off the pitch is just going to make it worse for him/them at the next match?

Ignore that it's apparently racism and call it bullying for a moment. At school, if you're bullied, people don't advise you to cry and walk off, they tell you to ignore it and carry on.

I'd imagine the people chanting have probably achieved what they wanted here.
JonnyJ

4th Jan 13 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon we should just have ignored Hitler and his persecution of the Jews. He would have got bored eventually.

We gave him what he wanted.

Just ignore it all, it will go away, wont it?
Marc

4th Jan 13 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When have you ever seen a footballer stand up when they are kicked etc? They go down crying like babies. So they aren't going to dive in to the crowd and sort the bastards out.

Walking off could be a good thing. Might lead to certain fans/teams being banned and matches played behind closed doors. Ban a team from Europe for a few seasons and I bet it would have an impact.
Robin
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the Hitler comparison. Really?

I'm not suggesting that ignoring it is the right action but I don't think walking off in protest is. Marc's idea is much better, ban a whole club from having fans in the stadium for their next game if there's any racism, if they do it again, ban them for more games, maybe 3... Do the same as they would to a player.
Robin
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are the usual repercussions for a player who is found guilty of racism on the pitch?
JonnyJ

4th Jan 13 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
When have you ever seen a footballer stand up when they are kicked etc? They go down crying like babies. So they aren't going to dive in to the crowd and sort the bastards out.

Walking off could be a good thing. Might lead to certain fans/teams being banned and matches played behind closed doors. Ban a team from Europe for a few seasons and I bet it would have an impact.

This is what i mean, its taking a stand, and saying fuck this shit, it needs to stop now.

Racism isnt fully under control in the country but its a damn sight better than abroad. One reason for this is if someone was to shout something racist at say York, he'd get the shit kicked out of him, I've seen it happen. Never saw that cunt being racist again, maybe we should've ignored it though

Im glad hes brought the issue up, ask any footballer and I bet they'll tell you they dont want to walk off, they want to play, but something drastic needed to be done to say to the authorities they they arent standing for this shit any more, because they are currently making a right fuck up of it all and handing out shitty little £10k fines to teams worth millions.

First of all you need to hit the people that are doing it and wipe them out with bans/prison sentences etc. If that doesnt stop it, you need to start hitting the club with massive fines/points deductions, harsh that in a way innocent people get hit by it but i bet it will make the club and its fans take a no tolerance view on it.
JonnyJ

4th Jan 13 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
at the Hitler comparison. Really?

I'm not suggesting that ignoring it is the right action but I don't think walking off in protest is. Marc's idea is much better, ban a whole club from having fans in the stadium for their next game if there's any racism, if they do it again, ban them for more games, maybe 3... Do the same as they would to a player.

Yeah i know, but i thought i'd make a similarly ridiculous statement to your getting bullied at school analogy.
Nath

4th Jan 13 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I'd actually consider Rooney being called Shrek or any other player being told the crowd has shagged his wife more offensive than a lot of racism.

I bet Kevin Prince Boateng wouldn't. Or Yaya Toure. Or Kolo Toure etc....
JonnyJ

4th Jan 13 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

White person in not getting why black people are offended by racism shocker.
Hammer

4th Jan 13 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian has went right off the rails after he left his professional job to sell scrap metal on eBay.

He's now a walking, talking Scouse stereotype.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I agree there are black people who get hugely offended by vague easy insults, I just don't see it myself.

Also, prison? Really?

Also at no point did I say racism was OK, I just don't personally think a general sweeping insult on someones race has as much power as something targeted at that particular person.

Perhaps because I'm white and don't have the right to get offended I can't see it, but I'd be far more upset if someone thought up an insult directly related to me and directed it at me, and that type of thing goes on all the time.

Public perception has a lot to do with what gets support and what doesn't. Do you think the crowd would have supported him leaving because he got offended over something else?

If I was a player and someone shouted obscenities about my wife and I left, that is up to me what I get offended about, would the crowd have said good on you, stand up to those nasty bullies?

Good on the guy for making a stand but this isn't the turning point for football that you might wish for unless you want to afford the privilege of stopping a game because you're a bit upset to the rest of the football playing world. Nice single event, nice bit of publicity but not a solution by any means.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Ian has went right off the rails after he left his professional job to sell scrap metal on eBay.

He's now a walking, talking Scouse stereotype.

And in a thread about offending people on the basis of their background you're being somewhat hypocritical to use being scouse in a derogatory manner.

Go on, tell me scouse isn't a race so I can't play that card, load of shit, you're using something about my background to offend me but somehow now that is OK?
Hammer

4th Jan 13 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fact, the more I read that the more I find it offensive that you firstly possess a scouse stereotype and that secondly you want to use it to undermine my points.

Would I have support if I left a football field because of you in the crowd?

No because one is about skin colour and one is about actual real problems with an actual real place?

Tell me about the scouse stereotype you have and I'll try and see how it compares to having dark skin, see which is worse in your mind.
JonnyJ

4th Jan 13 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yes I agree there are black people who get hugely offended by vague easy insults, I just don't see it myself.

Also, prison? Really?

Also at no point did I say racism was OK, I just don't personally think a general sweeping insult on someones race has as much power as something targeted at that particular person.

Perhaps because I'm white and don't have the right to get offended I can't see it, but I'd be far more upset if someone thought up an insult directly related to me and directed it at me, and that type of thing goes on all the time.

Public perception has a lot to do with what gets support and what doesn't. Do you think the crowd would have supported him leaving because he got offended over something else?

If I was a player and someone shouted obscenities about my wife and I left, that is up to me what I get offended about, would the crowd have said good on you, stand up to those nasty bullies?

Good on the guy for making a stand but this isn't the turning point for football that you might wish for unless you want to afford the privilege of stopping a game because you're a bit upset to the rest of the football playing world. Nice single event, nice bit of publicity but not a solution by any means.

No one said it was a solution, the players dont want this to be a solution. Its a stand to at least attempt to make the authorites in charge of the game say "well we dont want this happening every week, best do something"

When you want something changed, you dont just ignore it, you fight it.

Its probably futile like, as the people in charge are racist fuckwits anyway, but they might if they are made to look like fools.

It isnt going to happen every week and players arent going to walk off because someone called their missus a slag.
Russ

4th Jan 13 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
should have been sent off for deliberate handball
you should learn the laws
Russ

4th Jan 13 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its only the same as going to work if members of the public started insulting you while at work you'd expect your organisation to take mesures to stop it happening
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about if you were on the internet and someone used being scouse as an insult? Would the other members of the site say that is unacceptable and Hammer shouldn't have a negative view of scousers and shouldn't use it to offend me?

Or would the members ignore it?
JonnyJ

4th Jan 13 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to walk off and close down CS as a show of disgust to the internet, in a hope to change members views on scoucers after decades of abuse, be my guest

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Racism. Part 873 23 database queries in 0.0138340 seconds