corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » None fault claims on insurance

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author None fault claims on insurance
LeeM

User status: Offline
9th Jan 13 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cue only holds names addresses dob's and ni numbers, not vehicle reg's. thats from my mate who works in legal/pi at esure
Brett
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But wouldn't a claim be registered against the name anyway? After all, when doing quotes it's asking you as an individual, not if the car you're quoting on has had an accident.
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, because its not in his name. the claimant is this case is the other woman.
Brett
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a fair point and I want to believe what you're saying about this as it'd be ideal in those scenarios, but I can't help but be sceptical.
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

following this stuff with gender not being able to be considered i think this needs to be the next thing addressed. with clear guidlines set out by an independent body stating specifically what you need to declare.
its only if youve utilised your policy, if you havent used your policy youre dont pose any extra risk and its illegal to load your policy off the back of it
Ben G

9th Jan 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not this again

Simple fact is, declaring a non fault accident on your insurance (which you have to do as they ask you) will push your premium up compared to not declaring any accidents.

Brett
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've established that and moved on Ben
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Not this again

Simple fact is, declaring a non fault accident on your insurance (which you have to do as they ask you) will push your premium up compared to not declaring any accidents.

a non fault claim is when you have made a claim for something which wasnt your fault, ie someone crashed into your car and did a runner and you claim to fix it, or you have the details of the other person but you go to your insurer who pay to fix the car and claim the costs back from the other insurer. in both instances you have personally made a claim.

if the other party is making the claim for your car that is their a fault claim which they have made, not you
Ben G

I've only just read it.

The same topic comes up on average once a month and theres always someone banging on about how it won't affect your policy.

But it does, because they ask you questions like the one you posted on the previous page.

Lee sounds right, but 99% of people in accidents will phone their own insurer to tell them they've been in a car accident, even if it wasn't their fault.

I've had 2, and both times I phoned them up so they could deal with it.

Would you rely on a complete stranger contacting their own insurance company to get your car fixed? I know I wouldn't.
MarkM

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
cue only holds names addresses dob's and ni numbers, not vehicle reg's. thats from my mate who works in legal/pi at esure

Vehicle registration can be recorded.
Ben G

9th Jan 13 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Not this again

a non fault claim is when you have made a claim for something which wasnt your fault, ie someone crashed into your car and did a runner and you claim to fix it, or you have the details of the other person but you go to your insurer who pay to fix the car and claim the costs back from the other insurer. in both instances you have personally made a claim.

if the other party is making the claim for your car that is their a fault claim which they have made, not you

It asks whether i've been involved in any accidents, REGARDLESS OF FAULT.
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and youd be stupid to say yes.
if they asked you how often you speed would you tell them?
bigron1988

9th Jan 13 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
lee is right , my first non fault accident i didnt deal with my insurance i just got there insurance to pay and fix it, second time they argued it so my insurance got involved, i only have to declare the second one as the insurance dont even know bout the first one

Has the insurance company or something official told you this or is that just you doing that, them not mentioning the other and you assuming it's ok? Doesn't mean it's right.

I understand Lee's worked in the industry whenever that was, but lying is lying and if found out then I assume that'd void your policy potentially when you're hoping for a payout.

i have a friend who works in insurance and he told me this
Brett
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
and youd be stupid to say yes.
if they asked you how often you speed would you tell them?

That aside tho, you're still lying to quite a direct question on legal documentation. The main question for me is if they could find out or not.
Ben G

9th Jan 13 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly. It's all well and good lying, but if you do get found out then they will either load your premium up or cancel the policy, which you'd then need to declare to the next insurance company you use.
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

again, it comes down to what information they can legally use to increase your premium.
not making a claim cant be used against you. and if the claims not in your name theres no way to find out. there isnt a central databse for people who were involved in other peoples claims.
jacko198

9th Jan 13 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't it just depend how they ask?

If they said "have you made any claims in the past 5 years" well the answer is no.

Ah so confusing tbh.

Just did some quotes online with and without. With its £300 more.

Money supermarket came up with cheep quotes! However on the 10 cheapest the excess was £3000 :s
Brett
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it hard to believe that in this day and age where everything about everything is logged, how things like this could go under the radar.
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just not logged. if you made a claim from someone insured with tesco and then took out a policy with tesco and their specific question was "have you been involed in any accidents in x years" and then they searched their databse for any third party vehicles involved in accidents with their policy holders then yeah i guess they could cancel your policy or adjust your premium for you lying. but its not gonna happen
John

9th Jan 13 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That last bit does happen. I've had the insurance tell me about a crash that was on claim when I was arranging insurance for someone else before. Policy was adjusted accordingly.
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will have been their own database, not a centralised one
Ben G

9th Jan 13 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it might, so it depends whether you want to take the risk or not?
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends what they ask. ive just checked, tesco asks for accidents, direct line asks if youve made any claims.
cover your back and go with one that asks if youve made any claims, that way you can say no and its not a lie
Brett
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not liking this margin of error that's going on Now it's turned into a game of roulette to see if they have it on their own database or not lol
Ben G

9th Jan 13 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admiral/elephant/bell/shielas wheels/diamond also ask about accidents.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » None fault claims on insurance 22 database queries in 0.0162849 seconds