corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Pep Guardiola

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pep Guardiola
Marc

User status: Offline
16th Jan 13 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
FFS

Well he isn't going to go to a team struggling for CL football is he.
Cavey

16th Jan 13 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:
the funny thing is that guardiola wouldnt have gone anywhere near city or chelsea IMO, Utd or Arsenal if he were to come here, IMO

I could have seen him going to City TBH
Given what they're supposedly trying to do with the youth set up

And the ex-Barca guys they have there too
Hammer

16th Jan 13 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Difficult job for him to take personally I think despite some people seeming to think it's the 'safe' move.

His footballing philosophy is not in line with Bayern's.
sc0ott

16th Jan 13 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Best decision made.

Hes managed in the best league in the world now he will be managing in the second best.

[Edited on 16-01-2013 by sc0ott]

TBH I thought the SPL was the second best league?

Arguably the 4th.
kennySRi

16th Jan 13 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
I honestly can see Pep replacing AW eventually.

I can see this aswell. 3 years time the likes of Wenger and Fergie will be leaving so he will definetly be going to one of those clubs imo, EPL will be the next move.
Russ

16th Jan 13 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Difficult job for him to take personally I think despite some people seeming to think it's the 'safe' move.

His footballing philosophy is not in line with Bayern's.
fucking hell hammer, delete this please
Hammer

16th Jan 13 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come here and give me a kiss.
mwg

17th Jan 13 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good decision.

A well run club, nice country to live in by all accounts and they are a big European club. Got a good foundation for him to work with and be able to put his own mark on. They are desperate to win the CL again, he's done it twice with Barca so maybe could do it again at Bayern? Plus nothing to stop him staying there for a few years then coming to England is there? Don't see the fuss. He hasn't really snubbed England, there's nothing for him here at the moment.

Chelsea he was always going to be on borrowed time and never truly in charge so couldn't see him there. City have a manager they seem to like already. Arsenal have a manager they like already plus don't like spending that much.

Ferguson will carry on for a bit yet so that jobs not available at the moment either.

[Edited on 17-01-2013 by mwg]
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 13 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 more seasons for fergie, perfect timing for guardiola?

Still not convinced hes the right manager for united though, nor mourihno, kinda would prefer moyes?
mwg

17th Jan 13 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Liverpool fan on Talksport said he'd rather have BR than PG...
Saw that ginge's twatter

What a deluded twat he was. Irish too. Even though all Liverpool fans are from Liverpool.
Russ

17th Jan 13 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Come here and give me a kiss.
on my way.

only one team has had more possession and completed more passing than Bayern in Europe's top 5 leagues, Barca. I'd say he has a pretty good foundation to work off.

x
Hammer

17th Jan 13 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They would do considering the massive gap in finances between Bayern and every other club in Germany, including Dortmund.

He either alters his philosophy or he alters the clubs. Guardiola has a distinct set of rules he enforces the entire club to follow from top down and Bayern have none of them. Whether he gets away with it at Bayern is another matter.

I know this as I have read both Graham Hunter and Guillem Ballague's books in the past few weeks

[Edited on 17-01-2013 by Hammer]
corsa - gus

17th Jan 13 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to say Guardiola is massively over rated. Maybe I have been playing too much football manager recently but in my opinion any half decent manager could have won the trophies he did with the barca team he inherited.

The players he actually brought in werent great either in my opinion.
Robbo

17th Jan 13 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt say massively or over-rated tbh but will be interestign to see how he gets on, as both your points are valid, esp the 2nd one (most of his successful signings were obvious ones) but Hleb, Chrysnsky for £22m etc.!)
Hammer

17th Jan 13 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa - gus
I'm going to say Guardiola is massively over rated.

Impossible to say really.

Also stranger.
Eck
Premium Member

17th Jan 13 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zlatan doesn't think much of him anyway The things he's written about pep in his book
Cavey

17th Jan 13 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without sounding like too much of a twat.

It's a win for football really, declined the massive wages he probably would of got at Chelsea/City and joined a well run, "family" team that will support him

Only time will tell if he is actually any good of course
Robbo

17th Jan 13 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think he'll do well tbh and in any case, i think bayern are back in a sweet spot to dominate german football again. the bundesliga is undoubtedly becoming much more competitive but their main threat in Dortmund is waning somewhat this season and if that happens then IMO there is a good chance that their star players will disband (Lewandowski expected to leave, Gotze still coveted even after signing a new cotnract, Kagawa alreadt gone, Hmmels and Subotic constantly speculated about etc.)
Robbo

17th Jan 13 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to mention the manager - rafa's replacement??
sc0ott

17th Jan 13 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fergie wont retire until neil lennon is ready to leave the champions of scotland, celtic, because hes the man for the job.
Hammer

17th Jan 13 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i think he'll do well tbh and in any case, i think bayern are back in a sweet spot to dominate german football again. the bundesliga is undoubtedly becoming much more competitive but their main threat in Dortmund is waning somewhat this season and if that happens then IMO there is a good chance that their star players will disband (Lewandowski expected to leave, Gotze still coveted even after signing a new cotnract, Kagawa alreadt gone, Hmmels and Subotic constantly speculated about etc.)

Biggest problem they have is Klopp is now one of the hottest prospects in European football.
mwg

17th Jan 13 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Fergie wont retire until neil lennon is ready to leave the champions of scotland, celtic, because hes the man for the job.

Fuck. That.
Hammer

17th Jan 13 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't want Lennon anywhere near the Man United job.

In fact I wouldn't want anyone I have an ounce of respect for in the job, they are absolutely 100% destined to fail.

What you really want to be is the guy following the guy that followed Fergie and pick up the pieces.
Robbo

17th Jan 13 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ agreed!
Robbo

17th Jan 13 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Biggest problem they have is Klopp is now one of the hottest prospects in European football.
Yep, as i say i bet chelsea will be sniffing around him come seasons end, esp if BVB fail to get into CL

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Pep Guardiola 23 database queries in 0.0139050 seconds