corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » extending a drop drive - the legalities?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author extending a drop drive - the legalities?
Ben G

User status: Offline
19th Jan 13 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another one here for hating people parking outside my house.

i live in a small cul-de-sac so anyone who comes down the road usually live here or are visiting.

everyone down the road has 2 cars, as far as i can see. most people also have just 1 driveway space/dropped curb. this means that everyone parks in the same space outside their house with their 2nd car, and leaves the main car on the drive.

occasionally i get people parking outside my house, sometimes parking across the dropped curb. i know i can't do anything about it, it's just annoying as it means dumping the missus' car elsewhere (round the corner where i can't see it).

i have been looking at new houses recently and a main requirement is a minimum 2 car width driveway. unfortunately, at the time we bought this house, the missus worked in london so used public transport and didn't have a driving license.

[Edited on 19-01-2013 by Ben G]
Dave

19th Jan 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's clear there are two types of people here, those with houses and inconsiderate cunts who park outside other peoples.
Brett
Premium Member

19th Jan 13 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha interesting how the ones saying "you don't own the road" etc are clearly culprits themselves
Ben G

19th Jan 13 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone get pissed off when someone parks across your dropped curb, blocking your car in, even if you're not going anywhere?

i thought i was the only one

John

19th Jan 13 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually parking over someone elses drive takes it to the next level.
pow
Premium Member

19th Jan 13 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get annoyed when people park on the bit outside my parents as when I'm working on cars and need to shuffle on the drive that's what I use as an overflow

People parking over the drop kerb takes the piss, family down the road are having work done on the house at the moment so there is a skip taking up both spaces on their drive, came home from work the other day and some dozy cow with her Merc ML having coffee with the mum of said house is just parked over our driveway (regardless of the fact there is a layby just down the road she can use). I just sat there on the horn until she came out and moved it. Her response? 'You could have just parked in the layby till I was finished'.
Ben G

19th Jan 13 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Omfg the police would've been called on me without a doubt

Bitches want equal rights. I'll show them equal.
pow
Premium Member

19th Jan 13 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was quite satisfied with myself once she'd moved to the layby, took her forever though as she had no idea how big this car was
SXI - Matt

19th Jan 13 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm so glad were I live we have 2 spaces we own in a court yard round the back of the houses. However every now and then we get people parked there not knowing but they don't do it to piss you off just an accident. Although I had a VXR parked in my space when I got back early hours I was in a bad mood as it was so just parked across the front of him he soon came out apologiesing

[Edited on 19-01-2013 by SXI - Matt]
GB123
Premium Member

19th Jan 13 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it not illegal to park in front of some else's dropped curb?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

19th Jan 13 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is if doing so blocks a car in. If there's no car to be blocked in and nowhere else to park then legally you can but realistically, there's never going to be nowhere you can park, because parking within a certain distance of the place your visiting is a perk, not a right so if there's no spaces in the street, you find another street.

Going back to the OP, if your neighbour's drop kerb gives him full access to his driveway then there's no reason for the council to extend it and judging by our council, they won't. One of our neighbours opened up their front garden to make it into a full width drive years ago and the council refused to extend the drop kerb then despite the driveway width increasing 3 fold because it could still all be accessed by the original drop kerb.

[Edited on 19-01-2013 by Mike]
dannymccann

19th Jan 13 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
does anyone get pissed off when someone parks across your dropped curb, blocking your car in, even if you're not going anywhere?

i thought i was the only one

Last time someone parked in one of my 2 driveway spaces, on principal, I blocked her in with my car then fucked off out on my motorbike. When I got back she was extremely angry as she was now late for work Never seen her down here again

edit - not only did she take the piss parking there in the first place, she parked it so far on the driveway the front of the car was inside my front bush (no pun intended)

[Edited on 19-01-2013 by dannymccann]
GB123
Premium Member

19th Jan 13 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She parked on your drive? WTF
Ben G

19th Jan 13 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

danny thats definitely a moment when video cameras are needed.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

19th Jan 13 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before they knocked Saints old rugby ground down, one of my neighbours came back from a walk to find a bloke opening his gates. He asked the guy what he was doing, to which he replied 'oh, it's my mate's house, he's said I can leave my car here whilst I watch the match' so the neighbour says 'you do realise you'll get blocked in?' 'why?' 'because it's my house', to which he replied 'ah well, worth a try' Cheeky shithouse.
Ben G

20th Jan 13 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some cunt has parked outside my house, literally 10 minutes after i moved the focus onto the driveway asian aswell. no bloody manners.
antnee

20th Jan 13 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure blocking access is illegal, if there is a car on there on not.

Someone told me a while ago though, that parking on the road is illegal, but because everyone does it nothing is done about it. It's one of those laws that has never been changed but is also never enforced
Stu_22

20th Jan 13 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if it been mentioned but next door to me wanted a dropped curb as they paved in front of their house but the council refused there has to be enough room for a car so that it doesn't over hang the path
baza31

20th Jan 13 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Outside where I work there is a busy club, from 7pm they park all down road. This occasion a 206 parked right in middle of entrance . I went into club and no one owned up to car and i thought they was having me on. So i went and got tele handler and lifted it to opposite side of road in end. Door caught and there was a flat spot from frame. No one ever said anything to me and a whole load of people in smoking area would have seen . Not that I give a fuck anyhow.

I do agree with you don't own road but anyone with one ounce of common sense wouldn't block someone's drive
dannymccann

20th Jan 13 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
danny thats definitely a moment when video cameras are needed.

Here's some custard proof for you, even got the disastra parked up behind the silly bint

For some reason TinyPic wont resize the pic :s
_Allan_

20th Jan 13 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice bush.
gav93

20th Jan 13 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i bow down, you win danny fucking key 'er car in haha

[Edited on 20-01-2013 by gav93]
Robbo

21st Jan 13 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I like everything being fair. My drive and outside are for me and my guests. Your drive and outside your house are for you and your guests. If you have too many cars for your available space then don't make it my fucking problem, it's your problem, fuck off and park off the street somewhere.
amen to that! neighbour started always parking outside my old house so just kept parking Natalie's car out the front, which pissed me off as we had a nice space round the back.

Another one on the driveways thing is cunts in blocks of flats parkign in other peoples MARKED allocated space/s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robbo

21st Jan 13 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gav93
lol i bow down, you win danny fucking key 'er car in haha

[Edited on 20-01-2013 by gav93]
im sure danny will agree that it does not warrant keying and vandalisign somebody else property
Robbo

21st Jan 13 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gav93
oh and it aint a shitter FYI x
cortina = shitter

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » extending a drop drive - the legalities? 22 database queries in 0.0356479 seconds