corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Delivery Drivers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Delivery Drivers
chrisritch

User status: Offline
31st Jan 13 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We use DPD at work and how they are bummed by the Internet is beyond me. They are a fucking pain in the arse.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Jan 13 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jonnieboy
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
delivery is a piece of piss, how long do you stand outside someones house for? 20 seconds?

i think the industry standard is less than 2 seconds

if no one comes to the door as your knuckle leaves the door on the last knock, you can assume no one is home

do these companies only deliver to usain bolt?
John

31st Jan 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
We use DPD at work and how they are bummed by the Internet is beyond me. They are a fucking pain in the arse.

We get loads of stuff delivered by them, driver always has a bit of banter and he's always there at the start of his timeslot.
antnee

31st Jan 13 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think more places need to be set up were you can collect/drop off open long hours.

The Collect+ service is good for parcels under 10kg, drop it off at local shops. If you know you can shop on the way to work (ie on the train), then pick it up from a local shop/depot at 8pm a few days later that would work well
Jay

31st Jan 13 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to do it for DHL, Tesco, ICS (cleaning products company) ICS was easy, 10-15 drops between 8am and 5pm, was usually done by 10-11am, tesco roughly 18 a day between 8am and 7pm DHL job and finish 90-110 a day, killer!! But purely because you want them done as fast as possible, got 6 points when working for DHL, easily would of finished after 8pm without speeding, and that's starting at 7! 15-20 seconds at the door at the most. Glad I don't do it anymore
Russ

31st Jan 13 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if im expecting a parcel i leave a note saying to put it in my shed and take the note when delivered
jbguitarking

31st Jan 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is how I caught a delivery driver last year, he had his girlfriend in the passenger seat with him!

Jay

31st Jan 13 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
if im expecting a parcel i leave a note saying to put it in my shed and take the note when delivered

I had one in a rough area for £180 worth of ale with a note saying leave in porch, not a chance if it was just a parcel I usually left in a safe place ripped note down and left a note saying where left
Russ

31st Jan 13 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont live amongst roughians
Adster

1st Feb 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a question those who do delivery driving who do you drive for?

I work for parcel force and we aim to do as best as we can. I honestly find it harder trying to located named houses on busy main roads or those that have names/numbers in rural areas that dont
Cavey

1st Feb 13 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on the vans at Royal Mail, and so do the packets for 3 hours or so a day, as well as taking people out and a bit of walking too. Probably 70 odd packets a day
VegasPhil
Premium Member

1st Feb 13 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rather have them left in our meter cupboard then taken back. Getting checked in at an airport is easier than collecting them from the depot.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
AlunJ

1st Feb 13 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love dpd, only problem is they usually attempt delivery before I wake up parcelforce are a bit meh, rather than take it back to the local depot they take it to the local post office, the depot is closer and easier to park at. Ukmail were a bit annoying, missed a delivery, told them via their website I'd pick it up, went to the depot the next day (well out of my way) after half hour they told me the parcel was back on a van and was given the drivers mobile number to track him down - luckily he then popped round in the evening and dropped it off.
FedEx were pretty good but no DPD.
sc0ott

1st Feb 13 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldnt say no to liz garton, 25, from crawley
Kano

2nd Feb 13 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My posty is brilliant, leaves parcels in our meter cupboard. Note usually just says same as usual. Told him ages ago just to leave everything, saves me hassle of collecting everything from depot.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Delivery Drivers 23 database queries in 0.0531390 seconds