corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Got ma doggy

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got ma doggy
nathy_87

User status: Offline
5th Mar 13 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
I wouldnt leave any dog unattended with children anyways only takes a split second.

I'd have no hesitation leaving my dog around children unattended, bit different with a rotweiler though

Yeah She is soft as anything though, scared of the jack rusell and he is a softy usually

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Is that a packet of McVitie's digestives?

The Mini Chedders
WATSON

5th Mar 13 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
I wouldnt leave any dog unattended with children anyways only takes a split second.

I'd have no hesitation leaving my dog around children unattended, bit different with a rotweiler though

Why's that?

Nice rottweiler
BarnshaW

5th Mar 13 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

silly question and i know this is controversial but why would anyone leave a child/baby unattended with a dog?

surely all it takes is a yank on the tail or stand on its paw and it could nip a child/baby if not worse? I would not even contemplate it.
nathy_87

5th Mar 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Watson.

Barnshaw: Strangely enough I'd trust my jack russell over the rottweiler however i can see where you're coming from, any dog can just snap not just rottweilers.

Cavey

5th Mar 13 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
silly question and i know this is controversial but why would anyone leave a child/baby unattended with a dog?

surely all it takes is a yank on the tail or stand on its paw and it could nip a child/baby if not worse? I would not even contemplate it.

Because there's a lot of lazy retarded people around
WATSON

5th Mar 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It all depends on the bring up of the dog I think, We have a rotty and a husky both thick as fuck my 2 year old jumps all over both and uses both of them like a horse they love playing with him!
Cavey

5th Mar 13 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A couple I used to deliver to had a Rottweiler, was a gorgeous dog, used to go mental at you behind the gate, second it was out it was soft as hell.

Once saw it sat at the end of their drive waiting for me, he followed along side me till I posted the mail, then walked back along side when I left. Like it was warning me not to step out of line, very well behaved dog.
taylorboosh

5th Mar 13 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Retards leaving ANY dog with a bairn
BarnshaW

5th Mar 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand they might be ok and may have been ok for 15 years but all it takes is surely once for them to flip or be antagonised to react and thats it, i dont think i would ever forgive myself if that happened and could have been so easily prevented.
taylorboosh

5th Mar 13 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think dogs can get jelous too
big eck

5th Mar 13 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

Fucking stupid comment.

My sister had her rottie for 8yrs before it died and left it alone numerous times with her daughter in the next room without a single incident. She used to annoy the hell out the dog but it never once even growled.

Its purely down to how the dog is brought up from a pup. She's had 2 rotties now both from pups so about 16yrs in total and neither one ever showed aggression to a human no matter how they were annoyed.
WATSON

5th Mar 13 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:

Fucking stupid comment.

My sister had her rottie for 8yrs before it died and left it alone numerous times with her daughter in the next room without a single incident. She used to annoy the hell out the dog but it never once even growled.

Its purely down to how the dog is brought up from a pup. She's had 2 rotties now both from pups so about 16yrs in total and neither one ever showed aggression to a human no matter how they were annoyed.

100% spot on!

As I also stated above its simply down to how you bring the dog up, You treat a dog badly it will bite you in the ass later on in time!

The only reason rottys have a bad name is down to people that cant look after them/miss treat them!
BarnshaW

5th Mar 13 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i take on board what is being said and i am not a dog owner so less knowledge on owning one but surely just that ONCE is all it takes, yes it has been fine for years and years but what if it snapped just that once? you cannot guarantee 100% it wont...
big eck

5th Mar 13 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think rotties have that bad a name tbh. The staffies are worse. Its those wee ankle nippers like jack Russell's and the sleekit collies I don't trust lol.
Cavey

5th Mar 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the little rat dogs that are the worst, as a postman I have experience in these things.

Only bite I've had was from a shitty little thing that pushed past its retarded owner growled a few times and bit me on the leg then ran off.

Big dogs I've never had a problem with. But I agree with Barnshaw, its still an animal at the end of the day
big eck

5th Mar 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i take on board what is being said and i am not a dog owner so less knowledge on owning one but surely just that ONCE is all it takes, yes it has been fine for years and years but what if it snapped just that once? you cannot guarantee 100% it wont...

Well in the 16yrs my sister has had rotties and the last 8yrs having a daughter around one its never happened. That in my eyes is a 100% record. I've found that her dogs showed nothing but devotion in the time she had them. So much for the big bad rotties lol
Gary
Premium Member

5th Mar 13 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taylor is right. No one can 100% guarantee that their dog would not hurt someone a child, No one.
John

5th Mar 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another toddler treating dog as a horse here, dog just tries to go away for peace. You'd have to be pretty sure of the dog though, probably not the best idea.

As per Cavey's story, he goes mental barking when someone comes to the door, then as soon as it's opened just goes out for a look at what's going on, doesn't make another sound.
taylorboosh

6th Mar 13 at 06:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John, do you leave the dog alone with the child?

Its differant a dog playing with a child while your there, imo thats great...
taylorboosh

6th Mar 13 at 06:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:

Well in the 16yrs my sister has had rotties and the last 8yrs having a daughter around one its never happened. That in my eyes is a 100% record. I've found that her dogs showed nothing but devotion in the time she had them. So much for the big bad rotties lol

Bet she would leave a small child in the bath alone too, given the fact hers has never drowned so kids have a 100% record..
John

6th Mar 13 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
John, do you leave the dog alone with the child?

Its differant a dog playing with a child while your there, imo thats great...

Not if it can be avoided because as you said it only takes the once. If he happens to be away somewhere else in the house though then yes.
Shell
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never leave my nephew alone with my mums dog because although it's only a wee Westie, he's an ill natured wee toerag of a dog.

[Edited on 06-03-2013 by Shell]
Balling
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my eyes there's also a vast difference between a dog and a kid who are used to each other and a dog and a kid who are not.

I've experienced a german shephard accustomed to childreng being cornered by a kid who wasn't used to dogs. The boy kept poking the dog in the eye with the stick from a balloon.
The dog finally struck back and bit the kid in the arm.

When the dog has no where else to go and feels threatened it WILL go through the kid.
It's nothing to do about the dog being untrustworthy, it's just a natural reaction to a position of helplessness.

[Edited on 06-03-2013 by Balling]

taylorboosh

6th Mar 13 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kids not being cunts makes a bite less likely but still not worth the risk
mwg

6th Mar 13 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
In my eyes there's also a vast difference between a dog and a kid who are used to each other and a dog and a kid who are not.

Definitely. Your own child or brother/sister being left alone with the family dog that they know and treat each other like siblings is a bit different to leaving a strangers child alone with that same dog!

First scenario I'd have no problem with.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Got ma doggy 23 database queries in 0.0094621 seconds