corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Assassins Creed 4 - Black Flag announced

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Assassins Creed 4 - Black Flag announced
chrisritch

User status: Offline
7th Jan 14 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might buy this on the way home
RichR
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to stick with it; the first couple of boat missions fucked me off and I almost sacked it off as I did with AC3 but it's turned out to be my favourite so far. I even like some of the nonsense side missions like whaling and shark hunting.
Balling
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the ship missions, they change things up a bit.

Actually, for the 7 or so hours I've put in this so far, it's probably one of the most diverse games I've played.

[Edited on 08-01-2014 by Balling]

Gary
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the story like and game structure?

Are you forced though a path or like farcry can you spend hours just pissing about and pick up later?
Balling
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The latter, but like Far Cry, some of your upgrades are limited by story progress.

The story is alright so far, though a bit muddy.

The story takes you to a lot of different locations (islands). Basically you're free to just do the story missions and head on or stick around to do side activities (assassination missions, just like FC3) and collect shit (treassure chests, hidden letters etc - again, just like FC3).

Once you've visited a location you can fast travel back at any time.

Gary
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good.

I always liked the look and feel of AC but just got bored quickly so hopefully the openworld has sorted that!
Balling
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Completely hidden...

Gary
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How'd you take screen shots of ps3 btw?
Balling
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on PS4.

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Sounds good.

I always liked the look and feel of AC but just got bored quickly so hopefully the openworld has sorted that!

Its not full open world. When you get to an island your restricted to the paths you can take, the main towns on the islands you can do what you want though.
Gary
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
I'm on PS4.

Posh bastard
Balling
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chrisritch

9th Jan 14 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got to the bit where you follow Kidd into the temple bit, Has been OK so far, Hate the sailing for ages bit though

Harpooned a couple of Bull Sharks and fucked up a Killer Whale last night too

[Edited on 09-01-2014 by chrisritch]
Balling
Premium Member

9th Jan 14 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watched this and found it pretty much spot on for my experience with the game thus far:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/8424-Assassins-Creed-IV-Black-Flag

chrisritch

9th Jan 14 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish all missions had the option of either stealthing it or going full on Chuck Norris. Nothing more fucking annoying than failing a stealth one a few times because of being detected and not being able to go bat shit mental
RichR
Premium Member

10th Jan 14 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
Just got to the bit where you follow Kidd into the temple bit, Has been OK so far, Hate the sailing for ages bit though

Harpooned a couple of Bull Sharks and fucked up a Killer Whale last night too

The further you get in to the game, the more fast travel locations you can unlock. Every island and underwater activity becomes fast travel so you can get round pretty quickly.
Balling
Premium Member

10th Jan 14 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Worst bit is, coming from Shadow Fall, Black Flag is a bit of a letdown visually.
I feel like I want to retract on that comment. It's possible I might have been a bit "blinded" by Black Flags lack of lens flares and explosions.

Having just played a large jungle section, I'm really starting to be impressed with the visuals.

Example here. Sorry about the slightly choppy game play, I was having a conversation at the same time (and demonstrating the extreme tolerance of the stealth system). Atmosphere is stunning, though.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=265140623642258

[Edited on 11-01-2014 by Balling]

Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Jan 14 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to pick this up again, I did the Kidd/temple bit then got the blowpipe.

I've avoided side missions for the most part, but I quite like the ship stuff in general.

I was an AC virgin before I got an xbone, but quite like this one. The free run mechanic is a bit frustrating though, doesn't feel like I'm particularly I'm control of anything whilst using it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chrisritch

14th Jan 14 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done the mission where you have to send a ship full of gunpowder at the British fleet

Need to go and rob some boats to get supplies for upgrading. This is fucking me off greatly.
Balling
Premium Member

14th Jan 14 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done 43% of the story so far and 31% in total.

Really digging the companion app as well. Love keeping my fleet in action all through the day.
I hope this becomes a standard thing for big title games.

chrisritch

14th Jan 14 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Done 43% of the story so far and 31% in total.

Really digging the companion app as well. Love keeping my fleet in action all through the day.
I hope this becomes a standard thing for big title games.

Do you find it fucking rinses battery life though?
Balling
Premium Member

14th Jan 14 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not more than any other game, really.

tom130691
Premium Member

14th Jan 14 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no idea there was an app, money is useless once you complete the game anyway though
Balling
Premium Member

14th Jan 14 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
money is useless once you complete the game anyway though
Did you expect you could withdraw them?

tom130691
Premium Member

14th Jan 14 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
money is useless once you complete the game anyway though
Did you expect you could withdraw them?

nothing to buy, like GTA ect

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll