corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » White MG ZR? New car :)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author White MG ZR? New car :)
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
13th Mar 13 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
From Wiki...

There were also two diesel variants of the ZR, the first being the ZR TD 100 which had a 2.0 L Series engine that made 99 bhp (74 kW; 100 PS) and 240 N·m (180 lb·ft) torque giving a 0-60 mph of 9.7 seconds and a top speed of 114 mph (183 km/h).

The other diesel-engined ZR was the TD 115 which came with the same 2.0 L series engine but with some minor performance enhancements (improved ECU map), to produce 111 bhp (83 kW; 113 PS) and 260 N·m (190 lb·ft) torque, which saw the car have a 0-60 mph of 9.1 seconds and a top speed of 116 mph (187 km/h). The ZR TD 115 also came equipped with disc brakes at both the front and the rear sharing its brake set-up with the ZR 120, whereas the ZR TD 100 had drums at the back, sharing its brake set-up with the ZR 105.

The 2.0 diesel L series engine is highly tunable for very little money, and is consequently very popular with modifiers. The turbo boost pressure can be manually increased up to a safe limit of 19psi. The injectors can be replaced with Rover SDI injectors out of an older diesel engine, these injectors feature a nozzle with a higher flow rate allowing more fuel to be injected. Coupled with breathing modifications and a remap, for under £500 these diesel engines can see 150-160 bhp which will give the ZR 160 a run for its money due to the comparable power the diesel engine then produces.
Interesting bit of info there, mine has disc brakes on the back so mine must be the 115, still a slug though so those cheap and cheerful performance upgrades will most definitely making there way on in the near future.

Cheers for that

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
That actually looks no bad.

Whats the ride like with the coilovers?? As standard these are terrible, proper back breakers the suspension is far too stiff. Any upgrade is bound to be a bonus.

Whats the interior like??

I went to view a TD 1 of these with the 100bhp engine. It had the boost turned up and felt pretty torquey and pulled hard. 1st gear was useless though.
Ride is awful , very crashy over bumps and stuff but that comes with every lowered car so can't complain. I'm hoping the coilovers are 2 way adjustable so I can soften them a bit.

Interior isn't bad, very plastic and rattly, typical Rover build quality there, seats are half leather with yellow bolsters which aren't really to my taste, very comfy though which is nice.

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Too low imo.

Don't be silly, scuffing the ground is the only way
Jamie-C

13th Mar 13 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and it's 100% been painted, found a bit in the bay that wasn't painted, used to be that pearlescent purple/green colour that they came in.
Corsa_Sport21

14th Mar 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and it might still be a 100bhp engine. The 1 i went to view was a 100 and it had discs on the rear.

Reason i ask about the interior is they do not wear well at all. My old 1 had circa 60k on it and the interior felt like it had 150k on it. Heaters only worked on speed 3 and 4. 1 of the seats didn't fold forward, the bit your bum touches had came away from the rest.

[Edited on 14-03-2013 by Corsa_Sport21]
kennySRi

14th Mar 13 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks stunning in white! Never likes MGs but I'd own that any day.
GB123
Premium Member

14th Mar 13 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The L series diesels are pretty good for tuning, SDI injectors are definitely the way to go though, them and a remap takes it to about 155bhp iirc.
Chris x

14th Mar 13 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DanCobb

14th Mar 13 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can imagine you'll get bored very quickly with this car my brother in law had one and loved it when he got it. By the end he couldn't wait to get rid lol
Jamie-C

14th Mar 13 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rover sdi injectors, wind up the boost and a remap and there supposedly good for 150bhp, that should liven it up a bit!
Jamie-C

15th Mar 13 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After a quick wash

John

15th Mar 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it blown up yet?
Jamie-C

15th Mar 13 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not yet , and I've only ever blown one engine!
kz

16th Mar 13 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good that! You just need to change the horrible font on the number plates

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » White MG ZR? New car :) 22 database queries in 0.0135169 seconds