corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Diesel + 2 stroke oil..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Diesel + 2 stroke oil..
dannymccann

User status: Offline
15th Mar 13 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My main concern from what I've read about this is my fuel pump. Apparently the 2.0DTi engine has a weak fuel pump anyway and it's a big job to replace it as it's built in to something else 'non-serviceable' (from what I've read, certainly not from experience), so wouldnt want to buger it up in any way
rossnomore

15th Mar 13 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to use 2 stroke in my E34 TDS, but started using millers Fuel additive instead.
StueyBoy1989

15th Mar 13 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly what i was thinking, buy a fuel additive that has been tested for cleaning injectors etc - probably alot safer too.
spencer88

15th Mar 13 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
My main concern from what I've read about this is my fuel pump. Apparently the 2.0DTi engine has a weak fuel pump anyway and it's a big job to replace it as it's built in to something else 'non-serviceable' (from what I've read, certainly not from experience), so wouldnt want to buger it up in any way

The dti has an Ecu codes fuel pump so if you replace the pump, you need the matching Ecu for it
davegreen
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was wrong, spoke with an engine builder today and 2 stroke oil is used in very high performance diesels to stop injector needle for sticking at high rpms. and in 2 stroke diesels as they also rev very high. its not recomended as an injector cleaner though. can be used to quieten a noise engine 2 aid sale of vehical.
AlexW

15th Mar 13 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done and fair enough for admitting you're wrong.

Cleaning side of things I'm not sold on, I can see the oil helping the pump, and maybe removoing some of the build up of shit.

davcohen

16th Mar 13 at 04:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was researching this a while ago and thought wtf lets give it a go, the two vehicles I own are Mk3 Astra 1.7td Isuzu & Corsa C 1.7cdti (also Isuzu). Instantly they both quietened down and crank up faster then they did before.

Over time the C has become more economical, quieter and I believe slightly more powerful. At this moment I have not found a downside apart from obviously looking a little odd pouring it into the tank at fill up time.

Maybe not a great comparison but the Landi guys had posted an internal pic of his engine or injectors then again after like 40-50k miles of using 2 stroke oil and the difference was instantly noticeable
Wrighty

17th Mar 13 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rekon its worth it on 2.0 VW PD engines?
AshWatson

17th Mar 13 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
rekon its worth it on 2.0 VW PD engines?

A good question which i also wonder if anyone can shed any light on ?

As (if im correct by saying this ?) the PD engines only have an electric lift pump in the tank and then obv the pumper injectors, no actual fuel pump on the timing belt like vaux / izuzu diesels as mentioned, therefore no pump really needing lubricating due to lack of sulphur ? or is it a case of keeping injectors clean ? anyone feel free to correct anything i may have said wrong lol

[Edited on 17-03-2013 by AshWatson]
mattk

17th Mar 13 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do this in winter, My 2.0 TDDI transit needed it, it quitened it down in the frost and helped it turn over quicker, kept the smoke down too after a while

Put it in the Relay this winter, didnt really make a difference, cant do it any harm though.

you have to use the right oil too has to have some letters on it like JSAO or summat.

I tried to get green or blue stuff too, couldnt be arsed having to explain why my diesel was pink if I got dipped

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Diesel + 2 stroke oil.. 22 database queries in 0.0115559 seconds