corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions league thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Champions league thread
Hammer

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 13 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beckham should have been playing for England consistently never mind having to bring him back.
JonnyJ

3rd Apr 13 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mon Malaga!
Marc

3rd Apr 13 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Beckham should have been playing for England consistently never mind having to bring him back.

This tbh. May be 37, but the guy genuinely wants to play for his country.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
I want Beck's back in the England squad

Me too, even if its just to inject some interest and passion back into the squad, however its a sad state of affairs we are having to ask old has beans back to achieve this, we should have some new ones coming thorugh

[Edited on 03-04-2013 by Steve]
Cavey

3rd Apr 13 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We aren't having to ask him back. The media are. Some clown today said he should play right wing with Johnson doing all the running, back and forward. Becks could patrol a 30 yard area down the right. Apparently.

If we have a fit squad he shouldn't be there. Also, if its all on the back of yesterdays performance he definitely shouldn't be there.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes not good enough anymore, but it would have a positive effect on the nation/media/squad which could be quite valuable, even if he was just a 65min substitute
Cavey

3rd Apr 13 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats all he had towards the end of his caps, was coming on for 15 mins to appease the crowd who was full of clueless morons who were only there to see him and didn't care about football... Sounds familiar.

Tbf the media can gtf, I'd rather Roy turned round and told them all to fuck off and he just did what he wanted instead of trying to please them, that went well with cunt Ferdinand didn't it.

We won nothing with Becks in the squad, he was even (along with the referee) a good reason that we didn't go further in tournaments.

This isn't a dig at Beckham BTW, the guy is a legend, he's been brilliant for football in general, and there's few that can deliver a ball like him.

But you can't have a passenger at international level.
Rob_Quads

3rd Apr 13 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO Beckham is still good enough for the England squad because IMO hes still better than any other player we have at dead ball situations. You saw it time and time again last night where the ball went onto a PSG head or right into the danger zone.
Tommy L

3rd Apr 13 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would love to see a midfield with Wilshire, Gerrard and Becks.

Maybe my beckham love goggles are getting in the way
Cavey

3rd Apr 13 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd just love to see Wilshire playing tbf.
Hammer

3rd Apr 13 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The amount of shite you read when it comes to Beckham is ridiculous. He ran more than 19 other world class athletes last night yet apparently he doesn't need to run and can just stand and ping passes and dead balls all day as his legs are gone.

Throughout his entire career he's been pidgeon-holed as a one trick pony, it is miles away from the case. At his best he was winning games for England, almost literally, on his own. He has never shirked putting in the kilometres during a game and at 38 he is still running approx 8KM in 45 minutes.

Why British football fans feel the need to discard players when they hit 32 I'm unsure. The continent knows exactly the value in guys like Seedorf, Pirlo, Xavi etc etc etc...
Jamie Walby

4th Apr 13 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well said. So true what you say about the older players
Robbo

4th Apr 13 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. I;m still convinced that if we had kept the likes of Ljungberg, Pires, Vieira, Henry et al to retirement, in the same way as Fergie did with Scholes & Giggs etc., then we would have dominated the PL for years following the invincibles. Obv circumstances with the Emirates etc. didnt allow for it, but even so
Tom

4th Apr 13 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
The amount of shite you read when it comes to Beckham is ridiculous. He ran more than 19 other world class athletes last night yet apparently he doesn't need to run and can just stand and ping passes and dead balls all day as his legs are gone.

Throughout his entire career he's been pidgeon-holed as a one trick pony, it is miles away from the case. At his best he was winning games for England, almost literally, on his own. He has never shirked putting in the kilometres during a game and at 38 he is still running approx 8KM in 45 minutes.

Why British football fans feel the need to discard players when they hit 32 I'm unsure. The continent knows exactly the value in guys like Seedorf, Pirlo, Xavi etc etc etc...

Good post. I've got everything crossed that we're gonna re-sign Alonso this summer as he's still got a massive amount to offer (even if he were to just hover around the centre circle picking out passes).
Robbo

4th Apr 13 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonso is like Arteta in some respects, surround him by the right players and as you say, all he has to do is stay in the centre circle and dish out passes like a metronome
Tom

4th Apr 13 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Alonso is like Arteta in some respects, surround him by the right players and as you say, all he has to do is stay in the centre circle and dish out passes like a metronome

Apart from Alonso being the best there is (barring maybe Pirlo) at that specific role I agree. I doubt we will get him though as Rodgers forked out £15M on Joe Allen last summer to do a similar job

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions league thread 23 database queries in 0.0142601 seconds