corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hotels

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hotels
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 13 at 07:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Ive heard ETAP are nice

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
I used the one in Manchester, it was fucking appauling, clean and cheap. but shite. there were 3 of us in it

wtf

[Edited on 22-04-2013 by Steve]
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 07:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he was being sarcastic with his first post Steve.

In defence of Etap/Ibis Budget, there really isn't anything to complain about. They're cheap and clean and so basic; they're nothing to write home about either but if all you're looking for is a bed for the night and a decent shower then they more than suitable.

If you're looking for a nice weekend away, then obviously you'd want a bit more but you'd pay more
Nath

22nd Apr 13 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, we used the ETAP as it was a lads weekend in London, so it was just somewhere to sleep and nothing more. But on this occassion I'm not sure the missus will appreciate an ETAP
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 07:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Travel lodges have oddly been ok to me so far. The one in Blackpool was pretty nice. One in Droitwich was a bit ropey though
Whittie

22nd Apr 13 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I didn't rate Village by DeVere and the DeVere main group is clearly having financial difficulties given the state of some of their flagship hotels!!

I'd say Von Essen but, well they've gone now

Which flagship hotels are in a state? Interested to know?

Also they're heavily investing time and money into projects at the moment, so unsure about the financial difficulties. Maybe referring to selling the Belfry a few years back? Iirc they're trying to buy it back now they're stable again.
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grand Harbour, Southampton was a real mess. Bedrooms especially have multiple problems, all small and maintainable but they're building and getting worse each time I go.

Also Carden park was looking worse for wear.

There were rumours 2/3 years ago that DeVere would be the next big casualty in the Hotel market; obviously they're still going but I'd suggest that they don't have the upkeep capital at the minute that they once had
Whittie

22nd Apr 13 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FYI, grand harbour is due a £5M rennovation late 2014, so should be brought up to scratch then, but is no longer De Vere. As for Carden, I was there the other night and thought it was still lovely?

Aye, they were quite screwed, but managed to turn it back round. They've just spent £3.5m on Oulton Hall, and a vast amount more on Cameron House. Would love them to buy the Belfry back, as it's going down hill massively, without them. They're a decent chain, would be sad to see them be financially broken, but think they're strong enough again now.

[Edited on 22-04-2013 by Whittie]
Ben J

22nd Apr 13 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Grand Harbour, Southampton was a real mess. Bedrooms especially have multiple problems, all small and maintainable but they're building and getting worse each time I go.

Also Carden park was looking worse for wear.

There were rumours 2/3 years ago that DeVere would be the next big casualty in the Hotel market; obviously they're still going but I'd suggest that they don't have the upkeep capital at the minute that they once had

They've pulled the plug on all their Training Academies too, which they invested loads into. I nearly took a job with them about 2 years ago. Suggests they are in the sh1t in some way.

[Edited on 22-04-2013 by Ben J]
Whittie

22nd Apr 13 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
They've pulled the plug on all their Training Academies too, which they invested loads into. I nearly took a job with them about 2 years ago. Suggests they are in the sh1t in some way.

They're more focused on Golf Resorts now, rather than just a hotel. Whether or not that'll be a good move, time will tell.
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't think the bedrooms and general spaces were very good at all, very tired. Funnily enough in both hotels, I had a broken shower holder so had to hold the shower head to have a shower - little things that shouldn't happen in a hotel of that type and price

Afaik, and according to the website Grand harbour is still listed as a DeVere

[Edited on 22-04-2013 by LiVe LeE]
Whittie

22nd Apr 13 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I didn't think the bedrooms and general spaces were very good at all, very tired. Funnily enough in both hotels, I had a broken shower holder so had to hold the shower head to have a shower - little things that shouldn't happen in a hotel of that type and price

Afaik, and according to the website Grand harbour is still listed as a DeVere

[Edited on 22-04-2013 by LiVe LeE]

They've 100% sold it, it'll be rebranded when rennovation is complete, or during from memory. Would have thought it would have been announced by now though.

I agree about the small things, stayed in Carden many times, I get annoyed when 1 bathroom has mirrors that don't steam then other rooms don't.
Whittie

22nd Apr 13 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.catererandhotelkeeper.co.uk/articles/18/2/2013/347486/de-vere-grand-harbour-hotel-in-southampton-sold-to-unnamed-buyer.htm

Ben J

22nd Apr 13 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't realise Daresbury Park had been flogged too! My mate had his wedding there and the staff stole cards with vouchers etc in. Quite a nice hotel tho.

Sold to Britannia Hotels too!!! lolol. Shittest hotel company ever. The one in Manc is a hole.

Unless you are about 85 then steer clear.

[Edited on 22-04-2013 by Ben J]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hotels 22 database queries in 0.0129840 seconds