corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The Landrover experience?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Landrover experience?
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 13 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't your old queen go?
Nath

22nd Apr 13 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Didn't your old queen go?

Steve
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 07:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres my angry email of complaint, I wasnt going to bother but they foolishly asked for my feedback so they got it

quote:
I visited Listers Land Rover in Droitwich on Saturday the 20th of April and would like to share my experience.

I visited on behalf of my father who was looking to buy a land rover and suffers from a bad back so couldn't make the journey. So I visited to do a deal and buy a car on his behalf. We were looking to pay outright with cash.

On entering the showroom I approached the reception desk and informed the lady that I was interested in looking at some cars, was there anybody to help. I was met with an abrupt no and after a short silence that there would be about 30mins wait.

After an awkward silence I decided it was going to be up to me to suggest that I take a seat and could she let me know when somebody was free.

Whilst I was seated my initial disappointment in the service was further heightened when I overheard a couple who had booked a test drive in the week told by one of your sales men that he was sorry but service dept had locked the car in and it wasn't available! I was even less comforted after hearing that.

When I finally managed to speak to a sales person we looked at the car I was interested in, we sat down and I asked if they could reduce the list price by £1000, from £27000 to £26000, I made it clear several times we would be paying straight out cash. The man (Craig) said yes he should be able to do that. He then offered me an extra deal which was only applicable on that weekend consisting of 2 years free servicing.

Happy with this deal I said I would come back the next day with my father to finalise.

I returned the next day with my father expecting to buy a car.

We spoke to a different salesman. When we informed him of the previous discussions with Craig which consisted of £1000 off the price and 2 years servicing, he disappeared and came back to tell us that he was unable to reduce the price by more than 500 and that the 2 years servicing was for finance deals only.

We explained the previous offers but he was unable or unwilling to budge on either the price reduction or the free servicing. We were even willing to accept the 500 off and take the servicing but we were getting nowhere.

It is very painful for my father to journey due to his back problem and we made a special journey on the word of one salesman to be told a different story and given a different offer by another.

We also were not offered a seat to see what else they could find so we left feeling very annoyed.

We decided rather than the day be totally wasted to travel to your Hereford branch.

On arriving the difference in welcome was like night and day. We dealt with a man named Ade and he was brilliant. He sat us down looked at lots of options and in the end sorted us a cracking deal and even came in on his day off to order the car for us.

Why is there so much difference in customer service across two branches that ultimately lie under your same listers group?

Why did nearly every member of staff we dealt with at Droitwich not seem to even care about selling any cars, and why the conflicting stories and offers that ultimately wasted both mine and my father's time?

I hope you can reassure me that my father's land rover ownership won't be a reflection of what we encountered at Droitwich.

Robin
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is your dad even bothered? Seems odd that the letter is from you tbh.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was the one that made 2 trips

Hes a bit annoyed that he got dragged halfway across the county for no reason tbh, not enough to complain and the email came from me because im the one they contacted asking for feedback, it would be more odd if they emailed me for feedback and my dad replied

[Edited on 29-04-2013 by Steve]
john_c20xe

29th Apr 13 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most people that work out the front (customer facing) are right jobsworths we have the same problem here at a citroen dealer know one gives a fuck
Steve
Premium Member

22nd May 13 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update to this.

After sending the above email after they emailed asking for feedback, I didnt get a reply for weeks.

So I sent it again stating that I would also forward a copy to Landrover UK, couldnt find an email address for Landrover UK, so printed out a copy and posted it them.

Magically I got a call from the dealer later that day, he apologized and claimed he dealt with the email at the time. Why didnt he let me know that?

Anyway he then went on to say they have never had a complaint before and he spoke to all members of staff and they were 'shocked'. Yeah bullshit felt like he was making out that I was basically making it up.

Anyway today a few days after that I get a phone call off Landrover UK, they must have got my letter, they apologized and I explained what was said on the previous call from the dealer. They said this was unacceptable so are going to pass it on to the regional manager, they also said that as a goodwill gesture they will send me a letter entitiling us to a free service, thats got to be worth a few hundred so no complaints there

Worth being a moany twat in the end.

[Edited on 22-05-2013 by Steve]
Robin
Premium Member

22nd May 13 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Service = oil and filter change. Will cost them about £15 so it's good customer service from their point of view.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd May 13 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There isnt a specified service type, in the letter she read out it just said 'service'. There is no service in the schedule that is just an oil/filter change, and the cheapest smallest landrover service is £300, regardless of what it costs them.

I plan on keep it until a major service

[Edited on 22-05-2013 by Steve]
Marc

22nd May 13 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Landrover in York are good.

Gave us free half day "experience" day (no pun on your title) in Skipton. Choose any model - Then take it off roading. Chose the Evoque.

Upon collecting his new car he got another.

Off back to Skipton next week to take a Discovery off road.
kennySRi

22nd May 13 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you're not taking it to that dealership for the service
Steve
Premium Member

22nd May 13 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No chance
WukaChop

23rd May 13 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always gets me with dealers who are awkward and difficult with customers - I mean the object is to sell the cars, not piss off the customer...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The Landrover experience? 22 database queries in 0.0125740 seconds