corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Why cant i find a car? Evo people

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why cant i find a car? Evo people
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
27th Apr 13 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spoke to him about a midnight purple gtr, seemed un interested... Wont be dealing
thegsi

27th Apr 13 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a £10,000 budget you will get a very good FQ300 and a reasonably good FQ300 MR. They didn't make a non MR FQ340.
taylorboosh

27th Apr 13 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats are the differences? Is it te same engine with a differant map?
thegsi

27th Apr 13 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FQ models are all UK spec. They made a FQ300, then a FQ300,320,340 MR.

MR spec was a limited run from Ralliart which had carbon rear wing, dark light clusters, carbon dash inserts, more aggressive cams, bigger turbo hot side, Bilstein suspension, Team Dynamics 17's etc.
320 had all the above plus HKS panel filter, Super Drager exhaust and hard pipe work.
340 had all the above plus half leather Ralliart Recaros and Piggyback ecu.
taylorboosh

27th Apr 13 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmnnn i really fancy a 340 and feel i will regret getting a 300..

Whats the crack with mileage on these?
thegsi

27th Apr 13 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may get a 340 for 10k but it will be high mileage and not a very good example I'm afraid. Evo's have hit a low in price at the moment but the 340's and 400's are still holding their money due to being the rarest models. I'd go for an FQ300 MR. You can get them a lot cheaper than 340's and the only real difference is the leather interior. The only reason I went for a 340 was because I stole it at 320 money at the time in a fluke.

Anything over 60,000 miles will be considerably lower priced. If that's what you mean?
taylorboosh

27th Apr 13 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the only diff between a 300mr and 340 is a panel filter, catback and seats? Ahhh ill just get a 300then if one crops up
taylorboosh

27th Apr 13 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Presumably a 300 can be modded to the same power as a 340
thegsi

27th Apr 13 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And a few other bits but to be fair, most people change the exhaust and they get mapped to the same power really. You pay for the 340 badge and leather seats.
taylorboosh

27th Apr 13 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you happen to come across any nice standard ones feel free to u2u, thanks
thegsi

27th Apr 13 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries, will do. Seriously, sign up to the MLR. Anything you need to know is on there and the people are really helpful.

[Edited on 27-04-2013 by thegsi]
taylorboosh

27th Apr 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do tomorrow morning when im on laptop
Anty
Premium Member

28th Apr 13 at 00:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy an ev.. get an adam lol
big eck

28th Apr 13 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old Evo fq 280 (300) was mint and had all stage 1 mods apart from the map. It was very low mileage as well, 31k miles on an 03 plate. I bought it for £9300. 9/10 have been played with. As jay says go for a well specced 300 model.
taylorboosh

28th Apr 13 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By well specced do you mean mod wise? I dont like cars others have tinkered with lol

Suspension and cat back is about my max
c20let

28th Apr 13 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should get a decent condition evo for £10k no bother. As said, MLR is the only forum you need.
taylorboosh

28th Apr 13 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reading the buyers guide now, impressive
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Apr 13 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A fair few of my mates have Evo 6's so I've drove a fair few different powered ones, from standard up to 660bhp and they are by far the smoothest, hardest car I've ever drove. I love the power delivery, how you always feel in control, the fact they feel old and very grounded but still new if you get what I mean

I prefer the 6's over anything newer really. In my experience of being around them they are big bucks if you start going crazy, or have issues. That maybe because the ones here are pretty much track only now though. Go and drive a 6 before you try anything newer, you may end up liking it more. And you can pick up a mega speccd 6 up for less, and you see a lot less of them on the roads.
Corsa_Sport21

28th Apr 13 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dandelion Yellow 5 for me.
f.p.e

28th Apr 13 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to barrie @dcy on the mlr, he gets some belting cars in. Could look at an rs2 evo6 or 7 or if wanted rarer sure there's an RS tommi mak. If you look on the mlr there are enough good lads selling very clean cars. Even if went for a car with stage 1 mods you would still get a very sound + clean car.
taylorboosh

28th Apr 13 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by f.p.e
Speak to barrie @dcy on the mlr, he gets some belting cars in. Could look at an rs2 evo6 or 7 or if wanted rarer sure there's an RS tommi mak. If you look on the mlr there are enough good lads selling very clean cars. Even if went for a car with stage 1 mods you would still get a very sound + clean car.

Did i point out how barrie and george told me that the r33 gtr was immaculate, rust free and the interior was mint.

On arrival it was filthy, panels are odd colours, both sills rusty; one with a manled jacking point, back panel rusty and interior trim loose.. Not exactly what you want from a £10k car.

The rx7 they have is also nowhere near as clean as the pics make it seem, seats split, rust where roof meets bootlid..

I wont be dealing tbh
taylorboosh

28th Apr 13 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to be clear they did have a lush evo in - the one i sat in but i didnt scrutenise it as its £13k which i cant afford.. £11 absolute max and ten id want a very nice fq 340 mr.

Finding an un mapped one is key, dont mind coilies and catback exhaust, a few fq 400 bits would be ok too but no huge performance bits:

A. Down to insurance
B. i dont trust other peoples bodges
Jon_C
Premium Member

28th Apr 13 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 10k evo won't be bodged up like a 500 quid corsa b.
If some one spent that much money on a car they tend to look after them. Especially as an evo is an enthusiasts car.
big eck

28th Apr 13 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want an FQ 340 in standard condition with low mileage you'll be paying well over £10k.

For example http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=450239
Corsa_Sport21

28th Apr 13 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
quote:
Originally posted by f.p.e

Did i point out how barrie and george told me that the r33 gtr was immaculate, rust free and the interior was mint.

On arrival it was filthy, panels are odd colours, both sills rusty; one with a manled jacking point, back panel rusty and interior trim loose.. Not exactly what you want from a £10k car.

The rx7 they have is also nowhere near as clean as the pics make it seem, seats split, rust where roof meets bootlid..

I wont be dealing tbh

What grade was the R33??

How did you know the sills were rusty?? Seeing as it has side-skirts, they normally cover right under the sills and you can't see shit. Not sure what the R33 will be like but most cars ive seen, the skirts cover a good amount under-neath.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Why cant i find a car? Evo people 22 database queries in 0.0126209 seconds