corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Declaring conversions

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Declaring conversions
tom130691
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th May 13 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine will be declared when i do it, as i wont have emissions to worry about so its a bonus too
AndyCorsaSport

8th May 13 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't declare mine. Oh nooo.
eckers90

8th May 13 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines not declared, never will be, i blagged an officed my xe was a 1.2. now i have a let and can visibly see the intercooler, hey ho, the risk i take. but i am insured, the 3rd party will be covered. And i know loads of people, including on here who dont too. It also makes the car harder too sell when declared.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

8th May 13 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a car undeclared. Got pulled ask to pop the bonnet say turbo over the rocker. Police asked what it was i said a 2.0l, they then asked if it was insured i said yup they rang NU and asked. NU didnt have any of the mods down yet i was let go with no fines or anything. Sold the car the day after.
Gary
Premium Member

8th May 13 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eckers90
mines not declared, never will be, i blagged an officed my xe was a 1.2. now i have a let and can visibly see the intercooler, hey ho, the risk i take. but i am insured, the 3rd party will be covered. And i know loads of people, including on here who dont too. It also makes the car harder too sell when declared.

It'll be even harder to see when they take it off you
Gary
Premium Member

8th May 13 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sell*
Robbo_Corsa

8th May 13 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never declared my 1.4 - 2.0 XE.. Couldn't be bothered with the hassle and the extra cost. (i was young at the time)
I got stopped a few times, coppers didn't have a clue what engine it was.
The car got confiscated and impounded over a different matter (evidence) and nothing was said then and when i was released i got it straight back no questions asked.

Also had an accident in it, insurance came out and looked at my car and the other persons, nothing said, paid out no problem, insurer didn't have a clue what engine it was either.... So why bother to declare it?!
Gary
Premium Member

8th May 13 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only takes one copper in the know and your screwed though, plus the couple of hundred quid a year on insurance would seem like nothing if you smashed something expensive up
John

8th May 13 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car was confiscated for something else that's my whole point.
tom130691
Premium Member

8th May 13 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

pikeys
Generation

8th May 13 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well one admits it all the rest come flying out
Robbo_Corsa

9th May 13 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

It was confiscated for a different matter, actually taken for evidence, the whole car was inspected etc and not a word said..
JordyCarter

9th May 13 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a saxo furio with a vtr in it bought it undeclared sold it later. Shite it was
Gary
Premium Member

9th May 13 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt be admitting the car you own now is illegal when stuff like this happens...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22449442
Steve
Premium Member

9th May 13 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck, 8 months in jail is a lot for a speed that id say most people have attempted before on the roads
Nath

9th May 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People that stitch themselves up deserve all they get.
Robbo_Corsa

9th May 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good job i don't own the car anymore..
Steve
Premium Member

9th May 13 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is it always power rangers that go on forums talking bullshit about being heros on the road anyway
Nath

9th May 13 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Why is it always power rangers that go on forums talking bullshit about being heros on the road anyway

Daimo
Ian
Site Administrator

9th May 13 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eckers90
but i am insured, the 3rd party will be covered.

For the payout, yes. But the insurer will normally seek the recover the costs from you. As I said to the last guy, don't hit anything expensive.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th May 13 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fuck, 8 months in jail is a lot for a speed that id say most people have attempted before on the roads

The jail was for the two charges of PCJ.

Depends how hot the back room staff are really. Clearly active on forums when it comes to a media-friendly speeding conviction but I struggle to even have them recognise the existence of the internet when it comes to fraud.

The choice of prosecuting force probably also decides the outcome to a certain extent. I've never seen the benefit of saving a few hundred pound to cost yourselves thousands later but I can see the reasons not to give the insurance sector your money, more criminals working in that industry chasing ambulances than a biker doing 120 for a few seconds.
AndyCorsaSport

9th May 13 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
I had a saxo furio with a vtr in it bought it undeclared sold it later. Shite it was

They look identical anyway.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Declaring conversions 22 database queries in 0.0134048 seconds