corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Where do you work/what do you do there?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Where do you work/what do you do there?
chrisd1983

User status: Offline
10th Jun 13 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Development Engineer for a commercial boiler company, but I'm due to start my new job Senior Development Engineer in the railway electrification industry!

I like my current job but cant progress hence leaving, I'm looking forward to my new job as its a different industry again!
ed

10th Jun 13 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm an applications engineer at Solid Solutions. I do tech support for SolidWorks, build SolidWorks add-ins to automate stuff for customers and build internal systems.

I don't really want to be a computer programmer/geek though
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

10th Jun 13 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Run my own IT Consultancy. No fixed location for it been all over currently in Abu Dhabi.

Love it due to the perks
Ben J

10th Jun 13 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Estate Surveyor at a private school in Cambridge.

Get to chuckle at all the kids wearing blazers, miles away from how I dressed to go to school

Occasionally help to co-ordinate repair and new build developments of the three sites the school owns.

School isn't MCS by any chance???
Ben J

10th Jun 13 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regional Hospitality Trainer for Lifetime Training.

99% of the time I LOVE it.
Rob E

10th Jun 13 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Design Check Properties and Vorderwagen engineer for Bentley Motors. I'm responsible for coordinating and over checking the first physical build of new models and model year updates to ensure all parts package correctly and are within nominal tolerance to their intent design compared to the CAD drawings. I also get to play with rapid prototype machines every day which is great. I like my job very much
monkeytwizzel

10th Jun 13 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work for a company called doncasters precision castings,we are an aerospace and power turbine foundry and i work a retech vacuum furnace.
JayCarr

10th Jun 13 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work for Babcock Rail in the track renewals division as a Senior Engineer. Cover from London up as far as Stoke.
Generation

10th Jun 13 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe I should have included the question, how did you get into the job you do.

That's what in finding hardest tbh.

Thanks
For all Replies, I am reading them all
Nath

10th Jun 13 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I applied for anything that had trainee in the title. Just needed a chance to prove myself and got lucky.
Ben J

10th Jun 13 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Maybe I should have included the question, how did you get into the job you do.

That's what in finding hardest tbh.

Thanks
For all Replies, I am reading them all

Regional Hospitality Trainer for Lifetime Training.

Went to uni and did a Hotel Management degree. Got onto the Marriott Graduate Development Programme. Then worked in the hotel industry for 10 years for Marriott (and Hilton for a short time) in many roles. My final role was as Food & Beverage Operations Manager at the Victoria & Albert Manchester Marriott.

Eventually I had enough of the hours (especially after my son was born) and always loved the training element of my job so applied to a few training providers but in the end got offered a job due to knowing someone who was already working for the company. Did 2 years for that company then was head hunted by my current company.

Aiming to get promoted to Area Manager within a year.

[Edited on 10-06-2013 by Ben J]
Dave

10th Jun 13 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a carpenter/joiner and I work for me, although do a lot of sub contracting.

Got into it because I wasn't enjoying a levels and didn't want to go to uni, my dad was a joiner so it's in the family.

Enjoy it but sometimes wish I'd stuck college out, there are definitely easier ways to earn a wage. I'll probably move in to site management at some point, I've seen too many old joiners who are ruined to stick it out until I retire, both knees and my right elbow are giving me some troubles as it is.
jacko198

10th Jun 13 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound Engineer in Outside Broadcasts. Love it
AlexSXI

10th Jun 13 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Estate Surveyor at a private school in Cambridge.

Get to chuckle at all the kids wearing blazers, miles away from how I dressed to go to school

Occasionally help to co-ordinate repair and new build developments of the three sites the school owns.

Which School Andy?

I work for a construction company, assistant contracts manager, 4 days a week, the other day they sponsor me to do a construction management degree, just finishing the 5th year of 6.

Not as good as I thought it would be when I started
Gary
Premium Member

10th Jun 13 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Co-own a pub/restaurant. Great most of the time but can be stressful.
Dan
Premium Member

10th Jun 13 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either everyone has an immense job, or theres a lot of people holding back from posting "I work at Tesco"

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Marc

10th Jun 13 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you work at Tesco?
Russ

10th Jun 13 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

work for the govt. make their problems go away
Siberia

10th Jun 13 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

field service engineer.. travel over the country repairing coffee machines... here--> http://www.coffeemachines.ie/
mantamark

10th Jun 13 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Air emissions testing. Basically testing the crap coming out of massive chimneys. Used to enjoy it, travel around uk & ireland, decent hotels & £20 a night for food & beer but now have a 2yr old son and its hard working away mon-fri, plus now im older realise 21k is a shitty wage. Not had any chance to progress and probably wont for long time.

Such an obscure role, no other companies in area and any qualifications and skills i used to have, are now worthless so if i want to move, got to start at the bottom.
fred7

10th Jun 13 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work for meggitt aerospace making hest exchangers for rolls royce trent t700/800 engines as well as propeller planes and helicopters. And love the job. Got into by applying. Never thought i would get it and nearly didnt go for the interview. Glad i did.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Jun 13 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mantamark
Air emissions testing. Basically testing the crap coming out of massive chimneys

You could do MOT's on Impreza's with that skillset

On a serious note, ever done power stations? We spend millions trying to reduce the nasty stuff that comes out of our chimney.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
dava.

10th Jun 13 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

painter and decorator for local council , work involves anything from full burnt out re dec's to kicking about in a van painting out/removing graffiti , going to tenants houses to work, jobs in schools and public buildings to keep up maintenance

corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Jun 13 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for Pirtek, so I replace hydraulic hoses on site, I work on anything with a hose. I love it most of the time, the pay isn't great, but I don't have any fuel costs.
Ben J

10th Jun 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
I work for Pirtek, so I replace hydraulic hoses on site, I work on anything with a hose. I love it most of the time, the pay isn't great, but I don't have any fuel costs.

Do you get any hosp. at BTCC?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Where do you work/what do you do there? 23 database queries in 0.0131521 seconds