corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Telling the dvla about a XE conversion.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Telling the dvla about a XE conversion.
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 13 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexW
even if its changed on the logbook it wont change it when you put the reg into places, that works on the reg data when it was new.

Really?

My old 1.8 converted Corsa comes up as a 1796cc on numerous different checks - originally a 1.4 Sport. Only thing that hasn't changed is the model description.

*CorsaCal*

22nd Jun 13 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aha that's good mate I wasn't sure how it'd show up. Thanks
Generation

22nd Jun 13 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes mine shows up, sometimes doesnt
scunnylad

22nd Jun 13 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although now mine is all changed this year on all compare websites it comes up as a 2.0L diesel vectra on a 96 plate lol
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

23rd Jun 13 at 03:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good on you for Being Legal, As i will always say in these posts "If you cant afford to Run a c20xe or c20let corsa dont buy/build one"
BenC1985

23rd Jun 13 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stoneyginger
Good on you for Being Legal, As i will always say in these posts "If you cant afford to Run a c20xe or c20let corsa dont buy/build one"

Agreed. All my converted cars have been registered and insured properly. Shame not everyone thinks the same.
*CorsaCal*

23rd Jun 13 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BenC1985
quote:

Agreed. All my converted cars have been registered and insured properly. Shame not everyone thinks the same.

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

23rd Jun 13 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it was a pretty easy/pain free process going to the DVLA office direct

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
*CorsaCal*

23rd Jun 13 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hadn't thought of this. I wonder where my nearest office is.
Ian W

23rd Jun 13 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember it being really easy. Entered the new details on the log book, sent it off, came back a few weeks later with the new engine code and cc.

*CorsaCal*

23rd Jun 13 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My nearest office is peterborough 1:30 hours from me so ill just send it off in the post

Cheers ian hopefully mine will be the same.
Corsa_Sport21

23rd Jun 13 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I would kinda disagree with that.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

24th Jun 13 at 03:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
I remember it being really easy. Entered the new details on the log book, sent it off, came back a few weeks later with the new engine code and cc.

It used to be like this mate but they now stop them and contact you for a garage or the manufacturer approval that the engine is in said vehicle. The first conversion i did was like you said just came back all done but this time i had to send a letter to the woman dealing with my V5 change.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

24th Jun 13 at 03:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:

I would kinda disagree with that.

Disagree if you wish just stating how i feel about unlawful declarations unless you are saying build one or buy one for track only use or for learning how to do it. To run it on the road with false road tax and v5 is the part i disagree with as you are technically uninsured and if the worst happens you are causing grief.

[Edited on 24-06-2013 by Stoneyginger]
Corsa_Sport21

24th Jun 13 at 04:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its more of a case of the not being able to afford it bit.

Not declaring it isn't going to save you a massive amount of money in the grand scheme of things. What's the difference in tax, either about £50 or £0 depending on the Corsa you start with. So i wouldn't really class it as not being able to afford it. From an insurance point then yes i would agree.

I spunked about £2k into mine, insured as a 2.0 etc but never bothered to change the V5 purely for resale reasons.

Technically you are insured as well.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Telling the dvla about a XE conversion. 23 database queries in 0.0171821 seconds