corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TDI Remaps / Clutch Issues?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TDI Remaps / Clutch Issues?
mwg

User status: Offline
26th Jun 13 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an Audi A3 170 TDI and got it remapped. The clutch would slip if you used full throttle in a high gear at around 1,000 rpm but if you drive them normally they don't slip. It wouldn't bother me at all about the clutch slipping cos you have to be driving it like a 'tard in my experience to get it to do it anyway so it'll never happen.
SXI - Matt

27th Jun 13 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah that's good to hear, going to just see what's the best deal on the spec I want and see what box it has wouldn't mind either tbh
mwg

28th Jun 13 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My only regret was not having it remapped sooner. Drove so much better with the Bluefin remap installed.
SXI - Matt

28th Jun 13 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hear a lot of people saying this, what power did it increase to? Was it completely different to drive?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

28th Jun 13 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think everyone says that about a turbo'd remap
Matt L

28th Jun 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just becareful what car you go for if you intended getting a bluefin map, only say as If i went bluefin they would have to remove the ecu/open it and then map it) as I have the more recent ecu which wont allow you to map it through the normal obd port.
mwg

28th Jun 13 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was ok. Just sent me the bluefin unit out in the post and I plugged in to my car and remapped it on my drive. Wouldn't of gone for it if I'd had a car that meant they had to open the ECU
Matt L

28th Jun 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i say it depends what ecu your car has all i know is mine cant use the unit to take it on and off has to be a ecu out job.
SXI - Matt

28th Jun 13 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok, I've been looking at awesome and darkside I believe it is for remaps as they do before and after dyno runs ect. Peace of mind all is running ok and get a rough idea of how much more power its running
Matt L

29th Jun 13 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shark are another one that appear to be highly recommended on scn
SXI - Matt

29th Jun 13 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah that's the one I was trying to remember but couldn't seem highly recommended to

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TDI Remaps / Clutch Issues? 22 database queries in 0.0111048 seconds