corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ep3 type r forums???

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ep3 type r forums???
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 13 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sco0t on here had a 182 then 2 EP3's back to back after the Clio. Real world performance was about the same, mpg was about the same. Think he used to put £12 in every night and that got him over 80miles for work etc the next day then £12 in again at night. Sometime's he even put £12.03 in. Those were the days it got a bit more shoe.

Out of the 2 i would pick the EP3. Better all round car and probably better to use day in day out. More comfy etc. They never lacked grunt out of vtec either. Pulled like any other 2.0. iirc they have quite a close ratio box which helps the low down pull so you don't need to rag them.

[Edited on 22-07-2013 by Corsa_Sport21]
chrex

22nd Jul 13 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is defo a myth about the 'lack of torque'. It may (possibly) be the case on the B16/18 engines but the k20 has never felt sluggish, I've got a 3kg ACT flywheel on mine too and that helps it spool up nice and quick.

You had anymore thoughts today about it yourself?
big eck

22nd Jul 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a 200bhp car it deffo falls short in torque.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 13 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a myth
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Jul 13 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EP3 has about 145lb/ft, 182 slightly more, and for comparison sake, the 206 Gti 180 has over 150lb/ft. Rough estimate from a quick google search.

I think the EP3 dosn't make peak torque till higher up the rev range compared to the 2 cars above, but i think Robin mentioned it has a much closer ratio box to make up for this.
BenC1985

22nd Jul 13 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrex
There is defo a myth about the 'lack of torque'. It may (possibly) be the case on the B16/18 engines but the k20 has never felt sluggish, I've got a 3kg ACT flywheel on mine too and that helps it spool up nice and quick.

You had anymore thoughts today about it yourself?

I keep hearing they are crap on fuel. Ive googled 182 cup vs type r and some interesting threads come up. Alot of people basically saying civic is better built and slightly faster in a straight line. And the clio has more toys standard and for the same price you would be able to get a lower milage car thats newer. Main thing for me is it will be daily driven and not on motorways/ long journeys. So the clio would be better in terms of toys and mpg but i do like the thought of a high reving na engine like the k20. Confused.com

[Edited on 22-07-2013 by BenC1985]
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Jul 13 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you will end up keeping the Corsa again.
BenC1985

22nd Jul 13 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may do for a few months. Save some more dolla and buy the right car. Not rush into things like my bro when he bought a vxr for 7k when he could of got a better car if he took his time and looked about. I do like the corsa and think i would regret selling it but it has to happen one day, i want a house but feel i should get a better car first and enjoy it before i cant afford one.
dava.

22nd Jul 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates selling his Frankenstein type r .

ep3 facelift type r
taxed and mot'd
Full frankenstein k24 conversion done by Sos Motorsport
pm for full spec
247bhp 208torque
7k ono

give you an idea of what can be done to them , and few more bits and bobs to be bought that will up power again of the k24
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Jul 13 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Civictype-r.co.uk/forum has a good for sale section and buyers guide.
See if you cam get a bit more then 3k though as thats bottom draw area....

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jul 13 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love a K24/20 Type R. With the right mods they can see upwards of 280bhp which would be awesome from an N/A
corsa120

23rd Jul 13 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of the smokehoes boys has reached 300bhp n/a in civic type r
Rob R

23rd Jul 13 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owned 2 CTR's and also a 182. I sold the 182 after 4 weeks and 6 days and went back to an EP3.... Would have another in a flash

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ep3 type r forums??? 23 database queries in 0.0167880 seconds