corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Can't get drunk any more...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can't get drunk any more...
Root

User status: Offline
29th Jul 13 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

24. Usually drink a lot then it catches up with me, I feel ill and have to go home to sleep it off
kz

29th Jul 13 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
im 26, and at uni. i have no choice but to power through. cheeky redbulls are your friend if you dont fancy the cocaine

Slight price difference between the two as well lol.
Gary
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Feeling tired after 2 beers just makes you a gay, not old.

A gay who saves significantly more money than you on alcohol, therefore i'm not too bothered

bare in mind I also do shift work which messes your body clock up.

Won't deny that, but we all choose our own lifestyles. Probably do need to pack it in though really.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 22 and I don't really drink. Only really drink if everyone's going out for a birthday or something special
Don't go to the pub for a pint after work or on a weekend or anything atall

I'm a super lightweight cos of it. 3 pints and ill be happily drunk.
However, I can drink desperados like there's no tomorrow. If I'm going out and I know it will be a late one I will drink the desperados as I can have a good 10-15 bottles on a night out and be as drunk if not less than having 3 or 4 pints??
Carl

30th Jul 13 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 29 and ive lost interest in it. It's a depressant so that's why you feel thaf way, we will have just been more up for the night out when we were younger to counter balance the effects, now it just feels like same old same old!
Wrighty

30th Jul 13 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

26, still drink lightly but cant handle hangovers any more so do other stuff instead
SXIBrad

30th Jul 13 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am 18 and drink most weekends (I sound like an alcho now! haha)

I think its largely down to the company and the buildup to the night out.

If you psych yourself up all day, then go out with some good mates who are also in the mood to drink alot and have little sleep, you generally will too.
I have had days where we have planned to go out, but I have not been in the mood. As soon as I am on my 2-3rd pint, I start to enjoy it more and want to go out.
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 08:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The last time i propperly drank was with some squaddi mates about a month ago, jager after jager, pints and spirits.. We went from about 7pm till 2am

All i remember was what was on my phone, and from that i can piece together that after we finished at the pub i ended up at my mates dads house and i was vaccing the house saying that my mrs was on her way home and i had to vac up, then i got my crotch wet on my shorts so i was sat there ass naked with an air conditioning fan blowing onto my tackle then i woke up on a garage roof..

Was a random night. When i woke up at 8am i was fine lol
Jamie Walby

30th Jul 13 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am great at nights out. Its my talent.
Hammer

30th Jul 13 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still have a drink most Saturday night's, it ends at the pub now though were it used to end up on a Sunday afternoon via a club and someones house.
A2H GO

30th Jul 13 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 27 and get tired if drinking with boring company or at home.

Hadn't drank 'properly' for years until a couple of weekends back round my mates house for his birthday, did a bottle of jager each in between pints, taxi home about 4am.

Only problem now is the 3 day hangovers.
Balling
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To me, getting drunk is a horrible downside to ingesting the substances I love most.

I don't have anything against getting drunk, it just seems there's not much reason for me to do so any more.

Love my wine, beer and rum, but very rarely have enough to get proper pissed.

Ian W

30th Jul 13 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a few beers most Fridays, wouldn't say I got drunk.

Every couple of months will go to a party / have a big night out where I would class my self as getting hammered.

Only really feel rough the next day if I've been hammered.

I'm 31 and probably drink more often than I did when I was younger, I think as in my 20's the aim was to get out and get wasted which used to give me killer hangovers and resulted in me chucking up what I had spent all night buying! Much better now it's just a few social beers
Robbo_Corsa

30th Jul 13 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 23 and rarely get 'drunk' now. Maybe its the whole 'growing up' thing, but i have a fiance who's expecting and a house, car, phone bill, any other bill etc to pay for, so the thought of going out and spending £80-£100 on booze in a night (which i'd happily do when i was 18-19), makes me feel sick.
I now only drink when i'm either; at a party, going out for a 'special' occasion, weekends when i'm camping (i have a VW T2 Camper). That's it..
Maybe i'm old before my time.
SXIBrad

30th Jul 13 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it is age related at all...

I think age is the first thing you think of, yet its more likely just your tastes and hobbies/past times.

Some young people would rather sit inside and play computer games than go out chasing the opposite sex whilst full of alcohol.

It depends who you are. I know people who complain they need to meet new girls and try to get a girlfriend, but all they do is work, eat and play games at home.

You are only as old as you think you are in my eyes.
Corsa_Sport21

30th Jul 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think its age related as such either. I think its more to do with the people you hang about with and wether or not you have drank every weekend. Its a lifestyle to some, but others who have settled down, left the group of mates that you hung about with in your teens etc tend to be the folk that don't like a drink as much as they used to.

Im not fussed on it, but when i do go out i like to kick the arse out it. Days out in Edinburgh with the workmates normally start at 1pm ish and a few of us will still be standing at 3am. That's easy enough done and still enjoyable for me at 29 years young.

[Edited on 30-07-2013 by Corsa_Sport21]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only drink when i want to get drunk, if not then when im at the pub etc i will just have soft drinks or orange juice, dont go out raving every weekend but when i do i am always on it

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Toby
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like you Tom.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a room
bigboykarl

31st Jul 13 at 06:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i much prefer day sessions...nothing better than going out for a few at lunchtime then carrying on until the pub shuts
SXIBrad

31st Jul 13 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer nights out than day sessions. Saturdays are my favourite! Spend the morning getting my ears lowered and washing the car. Go out for a carvery or a meal with mates, then start drinking at around 4-5. Stay out till about 3-5 in the morning
Balling
Premium Member

31st Jul 13 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXIBrad
[...]
Yeah, sure, see you in 10 years, kiddo.

JonnyJ

31st Jul 13 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by SXIBrad
[...]
Yeah, sure, see you in 10 years, kiddo.

Me and my mates still enjoy going out and getting smashed regularly, ages range from 24-30. I know plently of people 30+ who still enjoy it too.

I hope im still doing the same as i do now when i hit 30 otherwise thatll probably mean ive lost contact with some of my best mates and stopped going to watch football weekly.
Paul_J

31st Jul 13 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some boring bastards in here.
I still go out about 4-5 times a week.
Alcohol is usually involved.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Can't get drunk any more... 23 database queries in 0.0129530 seconds