corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This Syria Crisis.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This Syria Crisis.
andy1868

User status: Offline
28th Aug 13 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CIA written all over this
andy1868

28th Aug 13 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but seriously, can we really be getting involved in yet another middle eastern conflict?

The bit I don't understand is the fact that afew hundred people have died from chemical attacks which i appreciate is bad, but it doesn't compare to the tens of thousands already killed by conventional weapons, are the people that get killed with conventional weapons worth less as people because of the way they died? baffled
p

28th Aug 13 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
but seriously, can we really be getting involved in yet another middle eastern conflict?

The bit I don't understand is the fact that afew hundred people have died from chemical attacks which i appreciate is bad, but it doesn't compare to the tens of thousands already killed by conventional weapons, are the people that get killed with conventional weapons worth less as people because of the way they died? baffled

It's the step up in seriousness, I think. Killing innocent civilians is one thing, with guns, bombs etc but when chemical weapons come in to the mix, in terms of danger and seriousness, it's a whole different ball game as to what can happen. Not just with Syria, but with what other countries think they can get away with. Especially, if bugger all is done about it. Simply, they can't get away with what they're doing scott free.

Also, check this, propaganda machine North Korea style... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/10213183/Syrian-President-Bashar-al-Assad-joins-photo-sharing-internet-tool-Instagram.html
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

28th Aug 13 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Using Chemical Weapons is against the Geneva Convention which is pretty much international law. So by using chemical weapons it kinda shows how low the government/rebels are getting thus their people require help from outside countries to help/bomb them.

Baskey

28th Aug 13 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder when it's proved that the rebels are the ones using chemical wepons that we will launch strikes against them?
SVM 286

28th Aug 13 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
When do you reckon these military strikes will occur, will Iran or Russia get involved?

What's your feelings in the situation?

I think the only action that requires taking, is to track down the individuals that are gassing civilians to death and eliminate them.
SVM 286

28th Aug 13 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Joe Public is far too stupid to vote on anything important, they shouldn't even be allowed to vote for the government they want in power.

The whole time that we not only have the likes of 'x-factor' and 'big-brother' broadcast on UK television, but have people willingly giving their valuable time in droves, to actually sit and view them, means that John's statement above is utterly, quite sadly, correct.
Russ

28th Aug 13 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres some retards on here
andy1868

29th Aug 13 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So let's run with the geneva convention argument then, as Syria have signed the Geneva convention that states the general rules for the treatment of civilians in wars, specifying that non-combatants not be subject to murder, torture, rape, or other cruel treatment. The second being that Syria have signed the Geneva Gas Protocol which prohibits "the use in war of asphyxiating, poisonous or other gases, and of all analogous liquids".

However, these agreements only exist in conflicts between states, not civil wars so do they technically apply? They'd be breaking the agreement if they used them on their neighbours but what about within it's own borders against it's own people?
John

29th Aug 13 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's completely unclear who's used the weapons, either side could have a vested interest in external force being involved.

What absolutely has to happen though is someone making a decision on who done it and bombing them.

Sets a bad precedent if this goes by unpunished, it opens the door for everyone else to get away with it.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 07:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parliament voted against taking action.

Surprising but good decision imo, a feather in the hat of politics there. We need to stop getting involved in all these fucking countries, yes there are some bad things happening, but who the fuck made us world police? need to sort our own country out first.

Secondly, it shows that we are no longer a puppet to America, the fucking cunts.
JonnyJ

30th Aug 13 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of an embarrassing defeat for call me Dave there.
Robin
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Parliament voted against taking action.

Surprising but good decision imo, a feather in the hat of politics there. We need to stop getting involved in all these fucking countries, yes there are some bad things happening, but who the fuck made us world police? need to sort our own country out first.

Secondly, it shows that we are no longer a puppet to America, the fucking cunts.

272 people voted for it, 285 against. That's a pretty crap majority, more than 48% of the people who run our country want to fight a pointless battle in bongo bongo land.

I'd hardly say that proves we're not puppets to America.
John

30th Aug 13 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's also not a feather in the hat of politics. They are worse than kids. Outside of Milliband not actually getting what he wanted, although spinning it that way, just says the opposite of Cameron on everything. This means that on top of him spouting sentences full of words that mean nothing, we have to listen to that coming from his stupid voice.
JonnyJ

30th Aug 13 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Dave

30th Aug 13 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's also not a feather in the hat of politics. They are worse than kids. Outside of Milliband not actually getting what he wanted, although spinning it that way, just says the opposite of Cameron on everything. This means that on top of him spouting sentences full of words that mean nothing, we have to listen to that coming from his stupid voice.

He really is the most embarrassingly inept leader of a party since John Major. Not only does he have nothing of substance to say he sounds like a complete tard while he's doing it. Surely one of the main qualities a politician needs is the ability to get your point across clearly, not sound like Weed off Bill and Ben.
Dom

30th Aug 13 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

We haven't really got the firepower, or manpower tbf, to be heading into Syria. Rather i can see it being the American's, French and Co doing the dirty work.
Balling
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welly Wanger
Mr Ghdaffi and Mr Saddam Hussein are the latest victims of this war.
I know you think the world ended in 2012, but I'm sad to say that other people have indeed died since Hussein and Gadaffi.

Cavey

30th Aug 13 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
quote:

He really is the most embarrassingly inept leader of a party since John Major. Not only does he have nothing of substance to say he sounds like a complete tard while he's doing it. Surely one of the main qualities a politician needs is the ability to get your point across clearly, not sound like Weed off Bill and Ben.

Nearly as stupid a voice as William Hague
JonnyJ

30th Aug 13 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
quote:

Steve
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cameron isn't perfect but is vast improvement to any of the labour leaders we have had since the last round of conservatives imo.

quote:
It's also not a feather in the hat of politics. They are worse than kids.

That was kind of my point, usually its bullshit but this time they have actually used a vote to the right conclusion actually reflective of what the public want.

[Edited on 30-08-2013 by Steve]
Tiger

30th Aug 13 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw a link to this story, I feel the need to say I neither believe not disbelieve. I just thought I'd present the link to the story.

http://beforeitsnews.com/middle-east/2013/08/syrian-rebels-admit-chemical-attack-to-associated-press-reporter-2453884.html
John

30th Aug 13 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Cameron isn't perfect but is vast improvement to any of the labour leaders we have had since the last round of conservatives imo.

quote:
It's also not a feather in the hat of politics. They are worse than kids.

That was kind of my point, usually its bullshit but this time they have actually used a vote to the right conclusion actually reflective of what the public want.

[Edited on 30-08-2013 by Steve]

The vote has been about a load of posturing as usual. Whether carpet bombing Syria is the correct answer or not, the vote has been a massive waste of time., which I have absolutely no doubt they'll all be claiming expenses for missed holiday etc.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This Syria Crisis. 23 database queries in 0.0139780 seconds