corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mates turbo blew on dyno...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mates turbo blew on dyno...
GB123
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Aug 13 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but then you can tell people on the internet how much horsepower your car has.
taylorboosh

30th Aug 13 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just wondering if the blame could lie with the way its mapped?
Ian W

30th Aug 13 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although probably not the mappers fault, if I drove my car to get mapped and it blew up while they had it I would be placing the blame rightly or wrongly firmly on them!
Dave

30th Aug 13 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it being custom mapped or did they just use a generic one then run it on the dyno for figures?
taylorboosh

30th Aug 13 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure, most likely a generic map downloaded from pirate bay knowing dave a
John

30th Aug 13 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would have been generic map (which are fine btw, even though Dave A used to say how bad they were) then he'll have made it look like he was live mapping it.
Dave

30th Aug 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what they could've done wrong then really unless he's been messing about with something mechanically too.
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
It happens, your thrashing the bollox out the engine, one of the reasons i won't bother with RR day for no reason what so ever.

I'd rather my car blew up at the redline on a dyno as chances are it'll save me towing fee's if it blew up whilst thrashing it on the road

I'd be gutted if my car died during or shortly after a mapping session, but it happens - all engines/turbo's are different.

I'd like to think that an engine failure would be spottable by a decent Dyno technician/mapper before too much damage was done. Scoobyclinic had my car hooked up to a stethoscope with a guy listening purely for early detonation during the session, and the plug would be pulled in an instant if things sounded like they were going wrong. Combined with the measurements taken from the ECU and other mechanical gauges, surely the signs of a failing engine would creep in before anything actually went pop.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Balling
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Would have been generic map (which are fine btw, even though Dave A used to say how bad they were) then he'll have made it look like he was live mapping it.

"I know this, this is Unix!"
*Types frantically on keyboard*
"There we are, that should see an additional 200 hp!

Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shortly after... Turbo fails.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

30th Aug 13 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt of asked if it was any one but them..

Mate reckons there was a huge pop, loads of smoke then they pushed it off the dyno? Sound like a turbo? When my tt one went there was smoke but no pop
3CorsaMeal

30th Aug 13 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vag turbos aren't real turbo cars imo, not like a skyline or a supra, the fact you get old woman driving about normally in these 1.8t or 2.0t and then some lads buy them and think they have reached special status because they now have a turbo

Dogshite girly turbos imo, bit like a fiat punto gtt or a r5 gtt, always blowing up and generally shitty little whizzy popping engines.

Can you even notice the turbo on a standard 1.8t?
taylorboosh

30th Aug 13 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.8ts have all had more power than your vr6
Nic Barnes

30th Aug 13 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your "mate" should seek legal help. As no doubts he has all the proof that the car was looked after and never ragged from cold, oil changed with correct oil etc etc. and only ever using manufacturers approved parts yeah?
Nath

30th Aug 13 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Vag turbos aren't real turbo cars imo, not like a skyline or a supra, the fact you get old woman driving about normally in these 1.8t or 2.0t and then some lads buy them and think they have reached special status because they now have a turbo

Dogshite girly turbos imo, bit like a fiat punto gtt or a r5 gtt, always blowing up and generally shitty little whizzy popping engines.

Can you even notice the turbo on a standard 1.8t?

What a mental paragraph.
Lee_fr200

30th Aug 13 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had my car 'live mapped' by awesome gti was v.quick but shortly after my turbo blew up at 36k miles and j100rsa even found bits of the turbo as far back as the airbox with some in the intercooler, now runs a garret turbo, since been to specky at RStuning and they looked at the mapping which I've been told was absolute dog shite, so couldn't be bothered with the hassle and just got a standard map on there now

[Edited on 30-08-2013 by Lee_fr200]
taylorboosh

30th Aug 13 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I think your "mate" should seek legal help. As no doubts he has all the proof that the car was looked after and never ragged from cold, oil changed with correct oil etc etc. and only ever using manufacturers approved parts yeah?

Not sure why you have put "mate" like that? Clearly i dont own a 100bhp golf
Robin
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lee_fr200
I had my car 'live mapped' by awesome gti was v.quick but shortly after my turbo blew up at 36k miles and j100rsa even found bits of the turbo as far back as the airbox with some in the intercooler, now runs a garret turbo, since been to specky at RStuning and they looked at the mapping which I've been told was absolute dog shite, so couldn't be bothered with the hassle and just got a standard map on there now

In fairness, every mapper in the country will tell you someone else's work is crap.
taylorboosh

30th Aug 13 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with that
3CorsaMeal

30th Aug 13 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
My 1.8ts have all had more power than your vr6

yeah but probably slower and less cool
Steve
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1320 mini did a full leak down test before any performance upgrades to spot any problems and minimise risk.
Nic Barnes

30th Aug 13 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol
gazza808

30th Aug 13 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem is there's alot of people out there who think they're mappers because they have a laptop, a lead and a rolling road.

When they aren't,
seen alot of maps where wot and the idle have Been mapped and everywhere between is wank, even as bad as untouched.

Need to really know what's up with it to be able to draw a conclusion.
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by Lee_fr200

In fairness, every mapper in the country will tell you someone else's work is crap.

so true

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
3CorsaMeal

30th Aug 13 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SPAM btw

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mates turbo blew on dyno... 23 database queries in 0.0169392 seconds