corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cat shitting situation (neighbours)

Poll: Cat shitting situation (neighbours)
I should be clearing it up 13 (40.63%)
I shouldn't have to clear it up 13 (40.63%)
Unsure 6 (18.75%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cat shitting situation (neighbours)
mwg

User status: Offline
19th Sep 13 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Replace the hose with a gun
alan-g-w

19th Sep 13 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
when our cat started going outside he woudl visit no10 (we're at No20) and would shit in the girls bath.

she duly came round and told us off for his actions. my gf answered the door and taken a back didnt know what to say

"...erm, i am sorry, we'll have a word with him"

"oh cud ya? that'll be great, fanks"
(not the brightest cookie as you might imagine)

i looked into the legal side of things when she complained again a month later saying he was still shitting and also eat her cats food.

it turns out, after a bit of internet searching on both cat based forums and law:
it is the property owners responsibility to protect their property from intruders (humans and cats alike).
cat owners are well within their rights to permit their cat outside and offer it freedom, any neighbours not happy with this have to take their own measures.

what annoys us is she lives in a ground floor flat and leaves her kitchen window open (we can see it from our 1st floor hall way) so doesnt in anyway discourage our cat from dropping in.

DONT CLEAN IT UP.
it isnt your problem, as it isnt your property. without evidence there is no proof it is even your cat

[Edited on 19-09-2013 by Fonz]

If you were aware of your cat coming into my house and shitting in my bath but refused to do anything about it your cat would be gettin acquainted with the inside of a burlap sack, half a breeze block and a canal. Height of ignorance imo.
Nath

19th Sep 13 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Tell them to set up a system similar to this

http://youtu.be/uIbkLjjlMV8

Love that video
baza31

19th Sep 13 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I'd capture your cat , put it in a box with no holes and shit in the box . I'd post it to you on a 7 day delivery . See how it went down with the boot on the other foot
Bart

19th Sep 13 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What annoys me, is another neighbour said the same thing a couple of months back.

He came to my door to discuss the issue, then at the time the offending cat popped out to say hello.
He naturally bent down to start petting it... I didn't say anything but thought to myself surely you shouldn't be making friends with my cat if you don't want it on your property

Ive decided, if they pop up to see me today, I will offer this once as a gesture of good will, but will be straight that its the only time and I would recommend them scaring the cat away if they spot it on their property.
SVM 286

19th Sep 13 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If all the cats in the street were all dead, or kept indoors, or in a garden or out-house, there would be no shit and nobody in the street would be to blame if another stray animal came and shat somewhere.

Any of these solutions will work perfectly well, if adhered to.

Also, is there evidence of the source of the shit?
Jimbothebarbarian

19th Sep 13 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I predict you will soon be missing a cat, or will soon have a very poorly cat...
SVM 286

19th Sep 13 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
We don't have cats, but have the best garden around and about 9 neighbours bordering it, i pick up the cat poo and throw it at their houses

Easily solved...

1) Purchase new improved, 'Cat-Noose'

2) Purchase fully portable nail gun.

3) Restrain cat with number 1 and attach cat via it's skull/face/ear/torso/nose/paw/tail to the appropriate front door with number 2.

Mission complete and a lovely cat shit free garden.

N.B. Step 3 may require further applications in the event of additional cat acquisition by neighbours.
SVM 286

19th Sep 13 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Drown them.

^^^^^^^^
Ian W

19th Sep 13 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell the neighbors to get a grip.

Never heard of anyone having to clean cat shit up
SVM 286

19th Sep 13 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Funny fucker. Laughed my head off at the face punch, the pissing on the car and the cat names.
Fonz
Premium Member

19th Sep 13 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
when our cat started going outside he woudl visit no10 (we're at No20) and would shit in the girls bath.

she duly came round and told us off for his actions. my gf answered the door and taken a back didnt know what to say

i looked into the legal side of things when she complained again a month later saying he was still shitting and also eat her cats food.

it turns out, after a bit of internet searching on both cat based forums and law:
it is the property owners responsibility to protect their property from intruders (humans and cats alike).
cat owners are well within their rights to permit their cat outside and offer it freedom, any neighbours not happy with this have to take their own measures.

what annoys us is she lives in a ground floor flat and leaves her kitchen window open (we can see it from our 1st floor hall way) so doesnt in anyway discourage our cat from dropping in.

DONT CLEAN IT UP.
it isnt your problem, as it isnt your property. without evidence there is no proof it is even your cat

If you were aware of your cat coming into my house and shitting in my bath but refused to do anything about it your cat would be gettin acquainted with the inside of a burlap sack, half a breeze block and a canal. Height of ignorance imo.

i would ask you first why you are letting my cat into your home? simply close the window which solves the problem

who would be to blame if an opportunist theif stole an unattended phone left on a bar, or a car with the keys in ....surely there is blame on the owner for leaving the phone/car in such an inviting state?
and that is how it is seen from my findings, it is the fault of the house owner for preventing the cat from entering the property.

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
why should I have to protect my garden from someone elses pet though thats what annoys me, its your pet your resposobility, id happily kick any cat off my garden if I found it shitting on there but then the owner would be all pissy with me for hurting their pet.

whatabout wild animals?
not being a pet who is responsible? there is still shit in your garden which you dont want so what are your options?
protect the land, fences, scarers, pellets, poison...
Sunz

19th Sep 13 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to pick my dog poop up by law, don't see what the difference is for cats, so I feel you should be picking it up.
Dom

19th Sep 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Funny fucker. Laughed my head off at the face punch, the pissing on the car and the cat names.

The 'popper' variant is a lot better - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goZ2DqMnaGc
JordyCarter

19th Sep 13 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id pick it up once or twice and say sorry. If it starts to become a regular thing id just say i cant control where my cat goes etc and i doubt they have proof it was actually your cat. Just explain that shit like that happens
PhilC

19th Sep 13 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fellow cat owner. You should clean it up to make the piece. Last thing you want is for them to harm your cat if it was to do it again. There's a lot arseholes around who think nothing of causing harm to animals.

Probably worth buying the neighbor some sort of non-harmful cat repellent?
PhilC

19th Sep 13 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/garden-care-watering/pest-weed-control/animal_control/-specificproducttype-cat___dog_repellents

Edit: Reviews aren't so great actually...

[Edited on 19-09-2013 by PhilC]
Stuart H

19th Sep 13 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watch , someone round here poisoned 2 cats for doing the same thing. Cunts.
PhilC

19th Sep 13 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gloves are off at that point if someone did that to mine.
Nath

19th Sep 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

The 'popper' variant is a lot better - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goZ2DqMnaGc

Corsa_Sport21

19th Sep 13 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I moved house about 2 months back, and on the 2nd week caught 1 of my cats shitting in a neighbours flower basket.
Eck
Premium Member

19th Sep 13 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't be arsed to quote it all; Fonz, if you were my neighbour your cat would be used as a moving target with an air rifle. Or to test out bear traps.
I'm fond of cats 9/10. But your attitude towards it being the house owners problem would force my hand to kill your cat.

[Edited on 19-09-2013 by Eck]
alan-g-w

19th Sep 13 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fonz, so instead of you training your cat to shit in a certain place, which I believe is very doable, your whole Street has to close their cat - accessible windows? As I said, height of ignorance. And to be comparing your pet to a wild animal is clutching at straws tbh, it's like having a sprinkler pointing at their house then saying 'why are you complaining, it'll get wet when it rains anyway'. You can control your cat, you can't control nature. Or maybe you're taking the easy way out since its not your problem. Either way it's a crap way to treat your neighbours.
Matt L

19th Sep 13 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:

DONT CLEAN IT UP.

i would ask you first why you are letting my cat into your home? simply close the window which solves the problem

who would be to blame if an opportunist theif stole an unattended phone left on a bar, or a car with the keys in ....surely there is blame on the owner for leaving the phone/car in such an inviting state?
and that is how it is seen from my findings, it is the fault of the house owner for preventing the cat from entering the property.

so said cat free owner is supposed to suffer with being hot and warm on nice days because they cant open their windows because your cat is coming in, I don't think so

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
why should I have to protect my garden from someone elses pet though thats what annoys me, its your pet your resposobility, id happily kick any cat off my garden if I found it shitting on there but then the owner would be all pissy with me for hurting their pet.

whatabout wild animals?
not being a pet who is responsible? there is still shit in your garden which you dont want so what are your options?
protect the land, fences, scarers, pellets, poison...

tbf its not very often I have a wild deer shitting in my front lawn if im honest

[Edited on 19-09-2013 by Matt L]
JaffaTB

19th Sep 13 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my cats shit everywhere but their own garden

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cat shitting situation (neighbours) 24 database queries in 0.0182450 seconds