corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is it with people lately...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what is it with people lately...
sc0ott

User status: Offline
26th Sep 13 at 06:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its good to use your horn. it lets the other driver know they were in the wrong, and makes them more aware next time. Scares them as well.

SVM 286

26th Sep 13 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's almost no road craft left. Common decency has more or less vanished from our roads too.

Incompetence abounds though. Dim witted fucks everywhere. You've got to have eyes up your arse and the reactions of a housefly on amphetamines.
am4nf

26th Sep 13 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or when you do peep the horn at them and they act like youve just called them a cunt for no reason whatsoever and they have no recollection of why your doing so
Ronson

26th Sep 13 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another day on the road for me and once again, no need to use the horn, two people indicated a bit late for my liking and turned the corner a bit slow for my liking causing me to brake slightly harder than I would have done if they took the corner a bit better, but I should have hung back a bit further because the blame would have been on me if I went into the back of them.

I rarely see idiots on the roads tbh although a lot of today was country roads, tomorrow is a lot of town and city driving, Durham/Newcastle/Morpeth with Ashington Cramlington Whitley Bay possibly South Shields and some other small places I forget the name of.
am4nf

26th Sep 13 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am no shy when it comes to using the horn but what's described above I wouldn't of even considered it, it's when someone nearly takes my bumper off they get it
Ronson

27th Sep 13 at 06:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they deserve the horn for that.
Ben G

28th Sep 13 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone beeped me today for using all the available road and getting into the first lane when the outside lane came to an end due to roadworks.

I lol'd.
Ronson

28th Sep 13 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As in, you went as far as you could in the lane that was closed off then forced your way into the inside lane?
Ben G

28th Sep 13 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No actually, indicated where there was a space and a silly girl in a corsa sped up.

Iirc you should always use all the available road. People that kept pulling in a mile before caused the massive tailback.
Ben G

28th Sep 13 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what I love about this site btw. Always some cunt who wants to believe that you somehow did wrong. Bit pathetic really.
djgritt
Premium Member

28th Sep 13 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ronson
As in, you went as far as you could in the lane that was closed off then forced your way into the inside lane?

The lane is still open until you reach the closure, nothing wrong with using it up to that point.
Anty
Premium Member

29th Sep 13 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

september 20th

i had a motorbike come speeding past me, as i looked in the rear view mirror.. i saw lots of smoke..

so i managed to stop, slammed on the brakes, making sure nothing was behind me, and i flashed an oncoming car, to help me find the rider..

I couldnt find him..!! but he was spotted by the other driver in the bushes.. twitching

I found out his name was Dave, he was alive.. only just..

really freaked me out !!

waited about 40 mins for an ambulance and police to arrive

[Edited on 29-09-2013 by Anty]
sc0ott

29th Sep 13 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pitty his name wasnt russell
Ronson

30th Sep 13 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
This is what I love about this site btw. Always some cunt who wants to believe that you somehow did wrong. Bit pathetic really.

If that's aimed at me I wasn't saying you were in the wrong I just read it as if you did what I questioned and wanted you to confirm and I would agree that the lass that sped up was being a cunt, not you.
SVM 286

30th Sep 13 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
quote:

The lane is still open until you reach the closure, nothing wrong with using it up to that point.

Still makes good sense to merge as soon as is convenient and safely possible though.
corsadonk
Premium Member

1st Oct 13 at 06:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
quote:

Still makes good sense to merge as soon as is convenient and safely possible though.

I've seen a few people go through the cones.

I reckon she thought this prick doesn't want to wait, and jump in front of someone who has got into the lane nice and early. I'd of done the same.
dannymccann

1st Oct 13 at 06:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wankers who merge at the last minute can piss off, never used to care in my old battered car, could use it as a ram if need be against a nice shiny merc.

My first commute home yesterday on a proper rush hour (new job in city centre) on my motorbike. There is some rare driving at 5pm

[Edited on 01-10-2013 by dannymccann]
am4nf

1st Oct 13 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rush hour drivers crack me up with there folded in mirrors and the likes
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Oct 13 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lane is open to the cones?
Ben G

1st Oct 13 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People just get upset because they don't have the intelligence to drive up until it says the lane is closed. They'd rather be a sheep and try and merge a mile before, causing massive tailbacks.
AlexW

1st Oct 13 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
My first commute home yesterday on a proper rush hour (new job in city centre) on my motorbike. There is some rare driving at 5pm

I truely miss rush hour traffic on a bike, Loved filtering, being loud to make sure people didn't squish me and having mini traffic light grand prix's before filtering more.

corsadonk
Premium Member

1st Oct 13 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
People just get upset because they don't have the intelligence to drive up until it says the lane is closed. They'd rather be a sheep and try and merge a mile before, causing massive tailbacks.

People pushing in cause the tailbacks because it makes people slow down even more. I do about 40k a year, yeah it might save me a bit of time, and it is legal so nothing is stopping me from doing it, but sometimes it's best not to think about yourself all the time.

Same as slip roads, it's your right of way on the road, but it's nice to pull into the next lane to let someone out, if it's safe to do so. You don't need to do it.

I always treat people how I'd like to be treated myself.
SVM 286

1st Oct 13 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well put. Simple consideration for effective traffic flow works wonders.

Sensible merging makes for a more free flow too. Like when two lanes reduce to one. People pushing in or rushing to the front and trying to push in makes for problems. Joining one at a time, left and right, like doing a zip up, is the way forward.
tom130691
Premium Member

1st Oct 13 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
quote:

People pushing in cause the tailbacks because it makes people slow down even more. I do about 40k a year, yeah it might save me a bit of time, and it is legal so nothing is stopping me from doing it, but sometimes it's best not to think about yourself all the time.

Same as slip roads, it's your right of way on the road, but it's nice to pull into the next lane to let someone out, if it's safe to do so. You don't need to do it.

I always treat people how I'd like to be treated myself.

im more than happy to sit between to lanes to stop people trying t jump in at the end

i find doing this causes others behind me to do it aswell
Ben G

1st Oct 13 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't push in though, so you're jumping to assumptions. I simply spied a gap and merged in and didn't stop at any time.

Typical internet armchair comments.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is it with people lately... 22 database queries in 0.0163379 seconds