corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mallory Park circuit files for administration

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mallory Park circuit files for administration
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Oct 13 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should try living in Windsor, bloody planes every 15 seconds from 4:30 in the morning.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

1st Oct 13 at 15:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mallory Park have either been lucky for lasting this long or unfortunate in shooting themselves in the foot by not doing things properly.

I'm a big fan of Mallory and wouldn't want to see it closed but had they gone to the council and gained permission to run more noisy days, this argument may have never gone so far. They've basically pushed their luck and got away with it for years but it's left them massively vulnerable when some jobsworth decides he'd like his weekends to be quieter. At the same time though if they'd tried and failed to increase their noisy day limit in the earlier days then it may have been curtains for them years ago so it's hard to say whether or not they did the right thing in terms of the business but it'll be a shame to lose the track.
Tiger

1st Oct 13 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Whos to say the noise isn't travelling for miles? I'm not sure of the landscape around mallory park, but it could theoritcally be hears very far away.

I live 3 miles from a go kart track and some days I can hear the kart clearly. Other days its silent.

The noise does travel, I can hear certain cars racing if the wind is in the right direction, I'll never forget hearing an old Ford Galaxy in practice whilst I was at home, then later watching it racing knowing that it was definitely that car I could hear!
Tiger

12th Nov 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The latest news (granted, its news from end of October, so not exactly brand new)

quote:
Further to all earlier updates, we are sorry to announce the cancellation of all future track and non-track events at Mallory Park

gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Nov 13 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So gutted I never got to go awsomefest. Heard it was amazing
Although I bet tgat caused some complaints!

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Fonz
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like there may wel be light at the end of the tunnel

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29000

edit: doesnt matter who did it first, it IS good news!

[Edited on 12-12-2013 by Fonz]
Fonz
Premium Member

9th Jun 14 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

further update via PH again

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=30120

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th Jun 14 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might move up near Oulton Park and complain about the noise
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

10th Jun 14 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
further update via PH again

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=30120

cool
gavin18787
Premium Member

10th Jun 14 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone doing PPC?

Put a thread on WR but I saw a tumble weed go past

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mallory Park circuit files for administration 23 database queries in 0.0142059 seconds