corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » twin 45s on x16xe anyone experienced it and how much power??

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author twin 45s on x16xe anyone experienced it and how much power??
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
10th Oct 13 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So chasing numbers then.

You could spend a fortune, have C20XE power, but still be marginally slower.
99sport

10th Oct 13 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No not chasing numbers but a limit has to be set or I'll end up going too far. Its about how it drives and responds that matters to me. I'll be spending more on the chassis than the engine but think that sort of power is about right in a corsa. If I wanted to go fast I'd get on my bike
f.p.e

10th Oct 13 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's about 30kg between 16xe and 20xe so unless a race car, you can see why obvious choice is a 20xe especially the cost too.

what cams you plan on using?
99sport

10th Oct 13 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not just about 30kg its about it all hanging over the front. I've driven xe and let novas and corsas and they don't handle as well as a standard gsi in my opinion. I'm not looking for a build project I'm just looking to liven the engine up and sharpen the chassis. I'm not into big power cars as a decent bike will smash a car every time, and once you turbo the bike nothing else comes close. I see your point about redtops but it aint for me mate I just want a fun little hack to smash about in when I'm not on my bike
99sport

10th Oct 13 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna wait till I finalise the plans to choose cams
Corsa_Sport21

10th Oct 13 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So in other words, the carbs etc probably won't happen.
99sport

10th Oct 13 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends on which route is the most attractive to me. I stated earlier I'm just looking at options and so far I like the sound of this one the most. I toyed with supercharging but that's just overkill imho so I've toned down my plans and am exploring possibilities. Its just something to have a play with not a serious motor. I appreciate all the info and advice but negativity and doubting peoiple you don't know is just a waste of everyones time
Generation

10th Oct 13 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
So in other words, the carbs etc probably won't happen.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » twin 45s on x16xe anyone experienced it and how much power?? 22 database queries in 0.0148251 seconds