corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » question regarding accident repair through insurance.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author question regarding accident repair through insurance.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 13 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are the circumstances?
Ben G

22nd Oct 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on a big junction/roundabout and was about to turn off when the 3rd party pulled out from the left, which had give way lines, straight across me.

As said, if I hadn't braked, i'd have gone straight into the side of him, but as I did, I managed to slow down enough to go across the rear of his car.

Does that make sense? I hit the rear of his but not from behind. More like at an 80 degree angle.

[Edited on 22-10-2013 by Ben G]
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Oct 13 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You were intending to leave from the exit after the one he joined from?
Ben G

23rd Oct 13 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Oct 13 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What were your indications?
Ben G

23rd Oct 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean? I was in the lane that flows up to the m25. I'll try and get onto a computer and get some google streetview screenshots and diagrams.

I'll most likely need them to email to my insirance company anyway.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Oct 13 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooh hard one! it will look like you hit him from behind! you probably would have been better not braking

good luck
Ben G

23rd Oct 13 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know. Hoping the highways agency comes back with some cctv to prove my account.
Ben G

25th Oct 13 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got a message from the 3rd parties insurance company saying their customer agrees I wasn't at fault!

So relieved I don't need to fight this one. Massive weight off my shoulders.

Only thing is i've already started the claim with my insurance company as the car was undriveable, so now I guess they'll just transfer all the details over, rather than paying out and needing to claim the money back?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » question regarding accident repair through insurance. 22 database queries in 0.0131831 seconds