corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whos heard of the Police Reform Act 2002?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whos heard of the Police Reform Act 2002?
Romford Astra

User status: Offline
9th May 03 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thumb controls

kittnkate

9th May 03 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just clone a car and slap their plate on yours. fight the system!

Vive la revolution!!
Sooty
Banned

9th May 03 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where your front leccy windows r
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problem is how do u qualify "reasonable grounds for belief" - there is no such thing, it is an impossible figure to quantify and hence they'll get away with impounding vast numbers of cars on very minor if e grounds at all.

The police reform act isnt thought out on behalf of the general public or ratepayers, it is a scheme, as speeding cameras are now being utilised for more and more; of generating profit to the police force and central government.
Tim
Site Administrator

9th May 03 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kittnkate
Just clone a car and slap their plate on yours. fight the system!

Vive la revolution!!

Except all places which make plates now require you to provide documentation. Found this out couple of weeks ago at R-Tec. Seems mainly because of the congestion charge...

So unless you flutter your eyelashes
kittnkate

9th May 03 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres the profit if they impound cars?

most of the cars wouldnt sell for much because they'd been modyfied.
Romford Astra

9th May 03 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the drivers door the four buttons are windows, the convertible has little windows which I can put down independently like a 4 door astra. The coupe only has two as it only has windows in the doors.

Pete
Sooty
Banned

9th May 03 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh... doh, thats the image I was looking at. its been pissing me off for ages now

cheers
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

profits quite simple, there is a release fee first of all which has to be paid in order to retrieve the car, on top of that there is a storage or handling fee. along with that there are bound to be fines for "breach of peace" or some other regualtion. so making a profit will actually be very simple
Romford Astra

9th May 03 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cost of the impound aswell is down to the vehicles registered keeper, and if they dont pay it gets sold to pay for the holding. The police will not get a lot of money for it atall.

"Reasonable Grounds" is different for every officer, all that happens is that they have to justify it in the courts.
Trotty

9th May 03 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Romford Astra
"Reasonable Grounds" is different for every officer, all that happens is that they have to justify it in the courts.

And as far as I can tell, all that would happen is that any justification would be accepted, as any modified car owners, particularly under say, 30 for example, are stereotyped as 'boyracers', and thus clearly the most dangerous people out on the streets...
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the whole point, u cant quantify "reasonable grounds" and as it is different from one officer to another - where do the public stand. how would someone know the limits, and whether they were within those limits.

also whats r the causes of stress??? what stresses one person- wont stress another - for example are u now going to impound old age pensioners cars because they dont drive on the correct side fo the road, drive at 10-15 mph under the statutory speed limit - this causes undue stress to me - am I therefore allowed to report it and hence have their cars impounded???
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a ludicrous proposal and to be honest I can see many court cases - high profile ones- in which the police get severely slated for misuse of their positions in relation to this ne act.
Romford Astra

9th May 03 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Act doesnt point at any group in particular so dont think it is aimed at young drivers.

At the end of the day if you feel what the officer did was wrong then you can appeal and it goes to court........but if they have good reason you'll have even more money to pay out.

My advice is just keep it calm and try not too play your music loud etc etc.

"its about time we had a proper disscusion on cs dont you think?"
someone

9th May 03 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont really think it is gonna help with improving peoples respect for the police if they start impounding cars for stupid reasons
Trotty

9th May 03 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Romford Astra
"its about time we had a proper disscusion on cs dont you think?"

Quick! Someone say GTF or something...
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest tho, u did say at the start of the post - who do u think its aimed as . in reference to my earlier post how many oldies will have their cars impounded because of issues caused by their driving. and in relation to that figure how many 17-25 year old males, in seemingly or so called hot hatches will be pulled????

u decide
someone

9th May 03 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GTF or something...

Trotty

9th May 03 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by someone
GTF or something...

Anyhoo, let's not go too O/T...
Romford Astra

9th May 03 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
to be honest tho, u did say at the start of the post - who do u think its aimed as . in reference to my earlier post how many oldies will have their cars impounded because of issues caused by their driving. and in relation to that figure how many 17-25 year old males, in seemingly or so called hot hatches will be pulled????

u decide

but did I mean that in a way of sarcsm or a question?
Romford Astra

9th May 03 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ Ian
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but it is an obvious point to raise, answer the question, how many oldies compared to the age group specified???
Trotty

9th May 03 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, I can see the reasoning behind the act *but* for many (not all!) areas, "cruiser's" are going to be an easy target surely? It'd be nice to think that wasn't the case, but I think we all know different unfortunately...
Romford Astra

9th May 03 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know for a fact that a few colleagues of mine have removed three cars belonging to people aged over 40 I think the youngest was.

None so far have been under that age.

(cant comment on why they were removed so dont ask)
Claire

9th May 03 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When are we going to see an "old dangerous ppl get theior cars confiscated"?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whos heard of the Police Reform Act 2002? 22 database queries in 0.0146558 seconds