corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Soldier to Be Sentenced To Life

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Soldier to Be Sentenced To Life
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
9th Nov 13 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Whether the taliban guy would have done the same to us or not, or even the fact he most likely deserved it, is irrelevant. Not doing shit like that keeps us being better than them.

Even more of an issue is the idiot that left his camera on. The public knowing about it happening (worldwide) is a much bigger deal than whether it did or not.

Ffs, what john said
3CorsaMeal

9th Nov 13 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hadn't we just shot fuck out of them with apache? Bit late to start worrying about hurting people.
taylorboosh

9th Nov 13 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not the fact he killed him its how he did it..

No different to cutting someones head off infront of a cheering croud
MoesTavern

9th Nov 13 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tricky one this actually.

One the one hand you need discipline in the army, probably more so than any other walk of life. You can't have soldiers murdering prisoners without proper punishment.

On the other hand things get a bit more murky when you're fighting against irregulars, who are killing your men via IED's and ambushes. The hatred and desire for retaliation against such tactics makes it more understandable.
taylorboosh

9th Nov 13 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fully understand why he did it.. Doesnt make it ok though
Generation

9th Nov 13 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If happened to a uk soldier everybody would be going mental saying... If was other way around nothing would happen,

Now it is otherway around and is happening people
Still aren't happy
JordyCarter

9th Nov 13 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stfu generation... imagine body parts of soldiers (If reported correctly) being hung from trees as a demonstration, you would be furious. He was a taliban high ranker apparently, he was involved in killing soldiers. I would of killed him and his family!
ed

9th Nov 13 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're wanting revenge then a slow painful death would be more appropriate?
Generation

9th Nov 13 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you've completly misunderstood my point.

Go and re-read the whole thread..
Gary
Premium Member

9th Nov 13 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Hadn't we just shot fuck out of them with apache? Bit late to start worrying about hurting people.
Gary
Premium Member

9th Nov 13 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also stuff like this will make other soldiers think twice before pulling the trigger, which isn't ideal tbf.
Ben G

9th Nov 13 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with generation. I understand they're in a warzone, but they still need to act properly.

Shooting the guy wasn't his choice to make.
Cavey

9th Nov 13 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Also stuff like this will make other soldiers think twice before pulling the trigger, which isn't ideal tbf.

What? No it won't. The guy killed someone in cold blood. An unarmed injured man. This not war.

In the world wars, the RAF and Luftwaffe wouldn't kill someone who bailed out of a plane, it just isnt cricket

Although I also agree with John. If You're going to do it, make sure You're not filmed at all, let aloneheard admitting you know its wrong.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Nov 13 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Baffles me that 'time and a place' angle, if you're at war with them and you tried to kill them five minutes ago, what difference does it make?

If you have a true and proper justification for being there, and a will to defeat whoever you're fighting against, kill them all, all the time.

And if that sounds unreasonable, revisit your motivations for going over there in the first place.
Jambo

9th Nov 13 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do not see an issue with the soldier per say, should the apache pilot be sent to prison too? Oh wait, they work for the Army and the principal purpose of said [killbot-factory] is to kill the enemy overcoming them by force. They are trained to do so. This also made me laugh when Michael Moore tried to make out the Army where bad for listening to drowning pool whilst they killed the enemy. They are soldiers with live amunition not Girl Scouts. This is war, not chatting about the Guardian in a shore ditch coffee shop.

Put in the position of the poor cunts that have to be out there wondering when the next not brave enough to wear a uniform cowardly insurgent pops up out of a crowd with an AK or if his land rover will be ripped to peices by an IED. The psychology of war is ugly and it's very nature is extreme. You cannot judge an instance like this in the same way you would judge a civil/criminal matter in peacetime.

The soldier needs punishing, educating and removing from command. Life in prison is just a media farce, and inproper IMHO.

[Edited on 09-11-2013 by Jambo]
Ben G

9th Nov 13 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure he won't be in a regular prison mixing with rapists and paedophiles. They'll make him a hero, which is hardly punishing someone.

A proper rehabilitation may be best. He obviously has issues with self control and obeying orders.
andy1868

9th Nov 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now
Shit...charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets in the Indy 500.
Gary
Premium Member

9th Nov 13 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I'm pretty sure he won't be in a regular prison mixing with rapists and paedophiles. They'll make him a hero, which is hardly punishing someone.

A proper rehabilitation may be best. He obviously has issues with self control and obeying orders.

Probably due to watching his mates get blown up by these guys. I challenge most people to have self restraint that these situations
taylorboosh

9th Nov 13 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree, id probably, as said ,"think i was rambo or bond" and blow his head off.... Doesnt make it ok
andy1868

9th Nov 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so we're in agreement then, we would all have done it but maybe would have made sure it wasn't all on camera
Russ

9th Nov 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are some seriously thick people on this forum
andy1868

9th Nov 13 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm sure that isn't the first time you've put that after i've posted russ

[/paranoid]
Russ

9th Nov 13 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry numbers
Dom

9th Nov 13 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I challenge most people to have self restraint that these situations

That's the difference between you, me and a trained soldier out in combat; a soldier governed by GC isn't there to intentionally kill and previous non-connected events, such as your mates getting blown up, should be irrelevant to the situation you're dealing with.

And the piss poor excuse the Marine used in that he believed the insurgent to be dead prior to discharging his round seems baffling, as it would still fall under the 'mistreatment of dead bodies' - i suspect 'intentionally killing' and 'mistreating of dead bodies' carry different penalties

Either way, he fucked up and therefore should face the consequences.
I suspect the Marine was sentenced to 'life' because he went out his way to 'intentionally kill' the insurgent (reports suggest they dragged the body to the edge of the field to shield the act from a UAV/surveillance balloon), knowingly knew this was wrong and attempted to cover it all up.

However, i'm not convinced the Marine should have got 'life'- prison time, sure; 'life'.....

As for people attempting to drag the Apache pilots into it - the difference is that they would have been told to engage the enemy by those further up the chain and that would have been after the pilots had reported back the situation on the ground. The Marine however, would have not be told to kill injured insurgents at point blank.

[Edited on 09-11-2013 by Dom]
ed

9th Nov 13 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simpsons to the rescue:

[Edited on 09-11-2013 by ed]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Soldier to Be Sentenced To Life 22 database queries in 0.0391641 seconds