corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Facebook Summed Up.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Facebook Summed Up.
mwg

User status: Offline
10th Dec 13 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesn't seem to matter how many people I hide from my news feed or how many game invitations I block there's always more that manage to get through
Marc

10th Dec 13 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The game invites are infuriating. I was all for Parking Wars and Mob Wars back in the day but its beyond a joke now. Thats what the App Store on your phone is for.

Plus, I've tried in vain to find out how to delete Games Feed. Can't be done I have 20+ requests yet when you click theres nothing there!
Tiger

10th Dec 13 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've mentioned on here twice in a year that I left, because someone had asked a question about it the first time, this second time, I thought a very accurate set of regular status updates were linked to me and people may associate with them.

I associated how I found Facebook, and clearly others, very accurately to that huffpost website I quoted.

I guarantee I'm not trying to be cool
Baskey

10th Dec 13 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been on it. Don't give a fuck what anyone else is doing
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who tag themselves more or less everywhere they go.

''John Barnes is at bed ''

People who post about going running and share a stupid fucking report. I'm really not arsed how many miles you've jogged, or looking at a picture of the route.

The statuses aimed at family/friends that clearly don't have Facebook is one of the most annoying, I must admit. Just fucking tell them you twats. No point putting it on here if hey don't use it.

People that talk to someone who is in the same house/room

''Really hope John sees this so he can bring me a brew up LOL''

Just fucking shout down the stairs or get it yourself for fuck sake.

People that talk to someone who will NEVER fucking see that you're having a go at them.

''To the person in the silver jag that cut me up today at the roundabout, fuck you cunt I hope your wifes tits fall off''

There's loads of things that piss me off, but these re some of the worst.

Balling
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree that many people who quit after spending a lot of time on FB seem like they need to constantly justify their decision. I think it's just a witdrawal symptom and find it pretty easy to ignore.

I was on FB for less than 6 months, years ago. Didn't really get it.

Unfortunately FB has grown in to a sort of official communications hub. As a result, a lot of people (especially younger ones in early twenties) seem to think that if they post some big news on there, they've told everyone and hence expect everyone to know.

Nic Barnes

10th Dec 13 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always looking for new friends. Nenge mboku is my name, please add.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Added
Ojc

10th Dec 13 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blocked
Nic Barnes

10th Dec 13 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I blocked the pair of you before I even joined Facebook LOL
Steve
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a lie as you were on mine at one point
BarnshaW

10th Dec 13 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ironically ollie crowe blocked me because he is a weirdo.
Ojc

10th Dec 13 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Says you
Nic Barnes

10th Dec 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't be arsed with like and share to get more benefits for corpses posts that the decomposing skeleton would post so you will be better off barnshaw.
Ojc

10th Dec 13 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daveskater
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep it in case any drift cars get stolen again.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think everything has been said in this thread
Paul_J

10th Dec 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Nobody on my Facebook list posts stuff like that apart from mark graham always saying he is bored. But that's not annoying really.

Exactly what I thought while reading that... Basically your facebook feed is a reflection of the people you have in it. If you add (or are friends) with a bunch of whiny muppets who say 'Click Like if... ' / 'Time for bubble bath' / 'Here's a dog being punched video' - then that's the effect of your stupidity to have people like that on your friends list.

I still enjoy facebook as the people I have are people I know. Since I know them, I actually care about what they're doing in their life and their statuses / updates don't annoy me.

This is also the reason when FB was new, I didn't just go adding everyone from CS - as only some were people I was actually mates with in real life.

Tiger, if you don't like FB...
3CorsaMeal

10th Dec 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too much real life on there for me.
A2H GO

10th Dec 13 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've selectively accepted people from the start and am quick to unfriend any morons so my wall tends to be quite plesent reading on the whole.

Can understand if you just accept anybody or tend to surround yourself with retards, why your wall would make for an annoying read and half of the stuff in the first post would be present.

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Nobody on my Facebook list posts stuff like that apart from mark graham always saying he is bored. But that's not annoying really.

Exactly what I thought while reading that... Basically your facebook feed is a reflection of the people you have in it. If you add (or are friends) with a bunch of whiny muppets who say 'Click Like if... ' / 'Time for bubble bath' / 'Here's a dog being punched video' - then that's the effect of your stupidity to have people like that on your friends list.

I still enjoy facebook as the people I have are people I know. Since I know them, I actually care about what they're doing in their life and their statuses / updates don't annoy me.

This is also the reason when FB was new, I didn't just go adding everyone from CS - as only some were people I was actually mates with in real life.

Tiger, if you don't like FB...

All good but once you take all the muppets out there isn't much left, I was on a rampage, deleting people on their birthdays - their birthday just reminded me to look at their profile and justify their existence on my friends list. Then I thought bleh its probably better to have them on my friends list as you never know when they may be handy.

And the way the algo works on FB, you don't even see half your list in your news feed which is annoying.
Nic Barnes

10th Dec 13 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True that yep, most the stuff you read is what is posted by the people you talk to the most, so if it's like and share shit, it's actually your own fault.
John

10th Dec 13 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J has facebook exclusively so he can see what new thing he has to get into for the acceptance of his 'mates'.
Daveskater
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh I mostly use it for mucking about/humour and valeting stuff. There's the odd pointless post but it's usually a family member so just keep scrolling and ignore it.

I actually think that Paul J has summed it up pretty well. I've also been very selective with who I add (and also don't take the whole thing very seriously) so in general it's not annoying to use. The list of unaccepted friend requests is massive because I keep things in their proper place instead of just adding anyone who feels like it at the time.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Paul_J

10th Dec 13 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Paul_J has facebook exclusively so he can see what new thing he has to get into for the acceptance of his 'mates'.

I can imagine anyone who has you on their FB probably sides quite strongly with Tiger's original post. I know I'd rather delete my FB account than read your drivel.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Facebook Summed Up. 23 database queries in 0.0162320 seconds