corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League Last 16 Draw

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Champions League Last 16 Draw
Robbo

User status: Offline
16th Dec 13 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, time for UEFA to do away with the cant meet same association rule as its not fair on certain teams. if we had topped our group then City could have only played 1 of 4 teams and thats just ridic, as it was both of us could only play 1 of 5 teams, and then we got fucked by being drawn last meaning we had no alternatives. in situations where 4 teams are qualifying from one country, it makes a bit of a joke of the draw process. IMO
Cavey

16th Dec 13 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knowing UEFA they'll stop it by sating only the best 2 from each country are allowed to qualify
AlexSXI

16th Dec 13 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty epic draw.

City could turn Barca over! Although you'd think both Barca & Bayern would be too strong over 2 legs.

Easy for Chelsea & ManU
AlexSXI

16th Dec 13 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI
Pretty epic draw.

City could turn Barca over! Although you'd think both Barca & Bayern would be too strong over 2 legs.

Easy for Chelsea & ManU

Easy for the Madrid clubs too!
Robbo

16th Dec 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say easy for Chelsea but Galatasaray are not that bad at home and have the added Drogba factor that could cause Cheslea problems. Can't imagine they will go out at this stage mind.
Eck
Premium Member

16th Dec 13 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Galatasary are not a bad team. Drogba will be going out to give his absolute all against his former club, and even at his age he is nigh on unplayable when on song.
I think City have a chance of beating Barca. Their defense is suspect when pressed, especially with the overweight and overrated Pique. Mind you barca can still pass anyone off the park when they are on their game.
Arsenal... I think they're fucked. Yes, they did beat Bayern and that is no mean feat, but I just can't see it happening again. They are fucking ruthless these days with I think the best midfield in the world. Best right back too, and keeper, and left back

[Edited on 16-12-2013 by Eck]
p

16th Dec 13 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank god Gala beat Juve, wouldn't of wanted them again. Although, Gala are fairly shit. Drogba is clearly not what he once was, Wesley as well. We should be fine against this lot. Away tie is obviously tricky, though.

Man City won't get past Barca, and Arsenal won't beat Munchen.
Eck
Premium Member

16th Dec 13 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chelsea have been average at best this season? I think you'll struggle.
p

16th Dec 13 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Chelsea have been average at best this season? I think you'll struggle.

Yeah we've been average for sure, and a lot can happen from now until them. But this is Galatasary we're talking about, not Real Madrid or Bayern. Home in the second leg as well, we'll get past these lot, but I don't know how much further after that.
Eck
Premium Member

16th Dec 13 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chelsea have a great squad but anything can happen over two legs. I'll be putting a few quid on Drogba scoring at Stamford Bridge!
p

16th Dec 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Chelsea have a great squad but anything can happen over two legs. I'll be putting a few quid on Drogba scoring at Stamford Bridge!

I think many will! It's entirely possible, but honestly, he's way, way off from what he was, he really is. I saw him against Real Madrid away and he was seriously poor, looked disinterested if anything.
Marc

16th Dec 13 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
not too bad that

Could think of worser draws.

Arsenal and City Bet they both win
Eck
Premium Member

16th Dec 13 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's one game though? He caused no end of problems in the return leg! Sneijder fell straight off the radar but he has been getting back to good form in recent months. Whatever happens, I look forward to seeing Drogba at SB.
p

16th Dec 13 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
That's one game though? He caused no end of problems in the return leg! Sneijder fell straight off the radar but he has been getting back to good form in recent months. Whatever happens, I look forward to seeing Drogba at SB.

Yes me too.
Hammer

16th Dec 13 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

City and Barca will be sensational. Especially with the first leg in Manchester, it could be a tale of 2 legs.

[Edited on 16-12-2013 by Hammer]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League Last 16 Draw 23 database queries in 0.0108719 seconds