corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » InvisAlign (Dentist Day) Brace #1 - Page 2

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author InvisAlign (Dentist Day) Brace #1 - Page 2
A2H GO

User status: Offline
16th Jan 14 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They fit fixed retainers behind the teeth following the treatment and advise you to wear a retainer at night for life afterwards. Something they never used to do back in the day so most people including my mrs who had braces when they were younger ended up with crooked teeth again. She wears her retainer every other night now so as not to wear it out as they're £70-100 a pop.

Lee don't concern yourself with having to have heathy teeth out, 9 times out of 10 overcrowding is caused by having too many and how else are you going to make room? I was told it can be done as I was concerned at first but it would result in protruding horse like teeth, all be them straight. Don't really want to go shaving them down either if it can be helped as it thins the enamel. I still think Invisalign is more for perfecting already straight teeth, not a replacement for braces.
RichR
Premium Member

16th Jan 14 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll make an appointment with Stoke Orthodontics for a consultancy. So far, I've been to Clayton Cosmetic and Dental, The old Coach House and Riley Dental Studio and was most impressed with the latter.
boylers11

16th Jan 14 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My wife had Invisiline at the top and metal along the bottom and the results have been great. She now has a retaining wire behind to keep them right, which I was a bit sceptical about in the long term, but so far so good. She is supposed to wear a retainer at night to help stop them moving, but in all reality, according to her dentist, it's not 100% essential. She probably wears it 2-3 x per week.
SVM 286

16th Jan 14 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE

It's going to cost between £2700 and £3500

Sweet effing Jesus Lee!

Dentists are basically licensed muggers aren't they.

I never understand this. Luckily I've been accepted to get my braces on the NHS but when I was looking into getting them privately, most people recoiled at the mention it would cost between 2-4k. It sounds a lot for "Just teeth" but it will make a huge huge difference to mine and probably Rich's life. Car enthusiasts would piss that away happily on mods and alterations to their pride and joy, when you really think about it. Or if someone smokes 20 fags a day, they're what £6-7 a time, there's between £2200 and £2500 a year! Without even thinking! Your teeth are with you for life and make a massive difference to your whole face and your confidence
(Can you tell I spent a long time trying to justify to myself, spending all that money? )

[Edited on 16-01-2014 by Shell]

I've never pissed money into a car either, so can't see the point in that.

The thing is though Shell, with reference to certain dental work, the material costs, the physical effort required and the time spent in the chair, simply don't justify the end price.

I'm not saying it's not worth doing. It's just vastly overinflated cost-wise and is flagrant profiteering on the part of the dentist, or 'licensed thief'.

My old man has just had to fork over well over two and a half grand for something negligible from a materials, engineering and time spent aspect.

I'm pretty sick of rich people getting richer from poor people tbh.
A2H GO

16th Jan 14 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you've done your research Lee. I went to Clayton first for an appt, hated it, thought they were stuck up and overpriced.

Whatever you decide don't forget to haggle, there's always a deal to be had.
A2H GO

16th Jan 14 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree about the profiteering aspect btw, they know people who care about their appearance enough will pay any amount.

The cost to them for a bit of metal and a 10 minute appointment every month compared to what they charge is daylight robbery.
RichR
Premium Member

16th Jan 14 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So far I've got two free courses of tooth whitening and 12 months interest free finance from the one I'm likely to go with. Not a lot but its a start!
cpcrampton

16th Jan 14 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate had invisilines, you couldn't notice he had them in, cost him £3000 and his teeth are now straight.
Skylined

16th Jan 14 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had them in school and set my teeth perfect. Since having them out the top and bottom have moved slightly to make 1 or 2 teeth out of place.

Seen a few groupon deals offering 50% off so was gonna look into having them corrected again. Your teeth definitely move back though so if you're gonna spend that much money make sure you wear any retainers often.
Kathryn W

16th Jan 14 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
I got braces put in just before christmas and they are red.

They would have cost me 1600 but i was accepted on the nhs so they were 400 all in.

Your mouth gets used to them quickly, the worst part is when your teeth start to straighten the wire starts poking out the back and that rips the shit out the inside of your cheeks. Theres wax for that though.

Wish i got them years ago tbh.

Did you fall under a certain category?

I had them as a teenager but they're just as worse now then they used to be
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

16th Jan 14 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had normal braces in my teens, as Ben said hurt when tightened as can feel them pulling for few days.

I had a retainer for my bottom ones after braces came off, didn't wear it enough and moved back slightly to point retainer doesn't fit.

I also have a bit of wire glued to back of my front top teeth stop them doing same.

Weren't that bad to start with but glad I got them done.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
sc0ott

16th Jan 14 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn W
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
I got braces put in just before christmas and they are red.

They would have cost me 1600 but i was accepted on the nhs so they were 400 all in.

Your mouth gets used to them quickly, the worst part is when your teeth start to straighten the wire starts poking out the back and that rips the shit out the inside of your cheeks. Theres wax for that though.

Wish i got them years ago tbh.

Did you fall under a certain category?

I had them as a teenager but they're just as worse now then they used to be

No idea.

I was planning on paying full price up until after i had the xray and moulds took. she said since i go to an nhs dentist i may get discount if nhs approve it.
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Jan 14 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something I've wanted to do for years, kinda hate the dentist though.

[Edited on 16-01-2014 by DannyB]
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Mar 14 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went for my clincheck this morning to see the animation of my teeth which has come back from InvisAlign and have given the go ahead. 24 braces total, 48 weeks to straight teeth.

On top of that bill though, I'm having a tooth with a root canal removed as I have a severe infection underneath it which in turn means I need to have a bone graft in my lower jaw, titanium implant and finally a top crown which is another £2,000 or so to have done privately. NHS will remove it FoC but then I'll only be allowed a denture which at 30, I'm not interested in.

Expensive job these teeth!!
sc0ott

3rd Mar 14 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had mine in for 10 weeks now and they became straight after 6 weeks. Im now on to closing the gaps where teeth were removed at the back.
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Mar 14 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should get the first one on April 01st, they're arriving earlier but I'm on holiday when they get here.

Mine don't start straightening until about brace 15-18 out of the 24. They're all being moved out and about until then and after week 15 they start being moved back into their new positions. I really can't wait now.

How are you finding your's Sc0ott? Are they uncomfortable/bearable, etc.?
Y869 SRA

3rd Mar 14 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I had normal braces as a teenager. Hurt like fuck when they got tightened. Also broke them everytime I ate a chicken wing.

my teeth are pretty straight now though, well worth it.

[Edited on 15-01-2014 by Ben G]

Same here. Hated it at the time but glad I got it done now.
sc0ott

3rd Mar 14 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just have normal braces, not the ones youre getting, but to answer your question theyre fine. Worst part is when your teeth start moving the wire at the end starts to poke out the last fixing and that shreds the inside of your mouth.
Just got bands put on to close some gaps, and that came with a bit pain for the first 12 hours.
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First one is fitted, not too bad; not exactly comfortable but not excruciating either, certainly feels like they're doing something!! bit of a pain having to remove them to drink and eat and then having the rigmarole of brushing your teeth after every meal or drink before putting them back in but I'm just sticking to drinking water instead.

I'm not going to update this every week but here's the starting point with brace #1/24 fitted in case anyone's interested in the same.

Seany

3rd Apr 14 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had braces for around a year in high school. Proper train track ones where you could get different coloured bands. Best thing I did. My teeth aren't perfect but they are a hell of alot better and all straight. As said the pain dies down after a day.
Ben G

3rd Apr 14 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spent a while looking for braces in that pic still can't see them.

RichR
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looks a bit like my teeth are out of focus - that's the braces. They're essentially a really tight fitting mouth guard. Lives up to the brand name quite well!!
Haimsey
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My friend had braces a while ago when they were uncommon. He got ripped to fuck but they did their job and credit to him for taking the stick and getting the results.

Good luck, it'll be interesting to see the progression.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your beard looks like mine
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You going grey as fuck too, reckon I'll be completely grey in 2-3 years.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » InvisAlign (Dentist Day) Brace #1 - Page 2 23 database queries in 0.0147221 seconds