corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Audi S1

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Audi S1
SVM 286

User status: Offline
13th Feb 14 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of modern stuff has a very disposable look and feel to it.

A lot of cars don't seem to be built with maintenance, or long term ownership in mind to me.
Hammer

13th Feb 14 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would never know the entire Global economy has been in the toilet for several years
SVM 286

13th Feb 14 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed. 25k for a funny little hatchback.

The world's gone mad Hammer.
Ben G

13th Feb 14 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Got to be trolling Jimbo. New cars are infinitely better made than older ones

I dunno, they seem more mass produced, maybe i'm just comparing everything to the hand built corrado.

Computer engineered and manufactured vs some bloke cross threading a bolt on a Friday afternoon and letting it go out?

I know what i'd rather have.
3CorsaMeal

13th Feb 14 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A dropped flywheel?
Ben G

13th Feb 14 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen that done on many occasions.

Clutches aswell with bits out the friction plate.
Nic Barnes

13th Feb 14 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look very generic and dull tbh
Jambo

13th Feb 14 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Citroen details at £21.5k

A top of the range performance Audi with a fair amount of standard kit for £25k is a bargain tbh.
Corsa_Sport21

13th Feb 14 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or maybe it just makes your Citroen look over-priced.
Jambo

13th Feb 14 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you are missing the point.
N16K

13th Feb 14 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hate the styling.
jacko198

13th Feb 14 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vid

http://youtu.be/w1y2RU9s6wA
big eck

14th Feb 14 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the side it looks like a Citroen DS3, its not that bad actually. The 3dr one looks quite cool. I've seen a few pics of the Polo R and its so bland looks wise. I wonder if the S1 has the mk5 gti engine with the K03???

[Edited on 14-02-2014 by big eck]
Mattb

14th Feb 14 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
You would never know the entire Global economy has been in the toilet for several years

Tell that to Audi.. year on year growth they pretty much ignored the economic down turn and somehow it worked!

£25k seems expensive yes, but the price of new cars has increased dramatically over the past few years.. BUT a £25k S1 would be a shite spec in standard form.. it will end up over or close to £30k by the time you've added some bits like Bose etc

incidently we sold a 1.4 twin charged one to a guy who speced loads on it... that was around 30k iirc
Mattb

14th Feb 14 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
From the side it looks like a Citroen DS3, its not that bad actually. The 3dr one looks quite cool. I've seen a few pics of the Polo R and its so bland looks wise. I wonder if the S1 has the mk5 gti engine with the K03???

it wont - it will be from the ea888 series of engines...
pow
Premium Member

14th Feb 14 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason new cars have increased in price is that the car manufacturers want their hand in peoples pockets through these poxy PCP deals so they've upped the price of the 'buy it now' price to put people off actually buying and owning the car.

[Edited on 14-02-2014 by pow]
Hammer

14th Feb 14 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
quote:

Tell that to Audi.. year on year growth they pretty much ignored the economic down turn and somehow it worked!

Audi that are continually improving emissions and MPG figures same as every other manufacturer?
Jambo

14th Feb 14 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
The reason new cars have increased in price is that the car manufacturers want their hand in peoples pockets through these poxy PCP deals so they've upped the price of the 'buy it now' price to put people off actually buying and owning the car.

Nothing to do with the rise in inflation, labour costs, minimum wages, shipping costs, fuel prices and expensive legislation for economic compliance, as well as huge amounts of technology and crash testing for each vehicle then Pow

whitter45

14th Feb 14 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

£25k seems expensive yes, but the price of new cars has increased dramatically over the past few years.. BUT a £25k S1 would be a shite spec in standard form.. it will end up over or close to £30k by the time you've added some bits like Bose etc

incidently we sold a 1.4 twin charged one to a guy who speced loads on it... that was around 30k iirc

yes they maybe growing but are they making profit

Turnover is one thing but I don't think they have seen much growth on PBit

big eck

14th Feb 14 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

That's the mk7 gti engine isn't it???
Daimo B

14th Feb 14 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do not like.

The idea of the S range is to be subtle and deceptively fast. The A1 range is a bit of a girls car though, maybe they are trying to even it out by making it a Halfords car?

Same engine as in the S3 (300bhp now) but in a de-tuned state? Should be easy to get bigger power from. Not sure how vag engines work these days.

S-line doesn't come with the kit of the S range, also comes with slower engines. Things like the Bose system is only about £500 as well.

Nope, not keen, but it does fill the lower end gap. Wonder when the RS1 will come out, theres the RS3, RS4, RS5, RS6, RS7, so it'll come eventually.
Mattb

14th Feb 14 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

That's the mk7 gti engine isn't it???

pretty much, it might even be the generation 2 engine with 8 injectors and variable valve timing on both cams
Mattb

14th Feb 14 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Do not like.

The idea of the S range is to be subtle and deceptively fast. The A1 range is a bit of a girls car though, maybe they are trying to even it out by making it a Halfords car?

Same engine as in the S3 (300bhp now) but in a de-tuned state? Should be easy to get bigger power from. Not sure how vag engines work these days.

S-line doesn't come with the kit of the S range, also comes with slower engines. Things like the Bose system is only about £500 as well.

Nope, not keen, but it does fill the lower end gap. Wonder when the RS1 will come out, theres the RS3, RS4, RS5, RS6, RS7, so it'll come eventually.

No RS1 as far as im aware... you forgot the RsQ3
Daimo B

18th Feb 14 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhhh but the RS3 didn't come for years after the S3 did. There will be one, at some point, just to make some extra moniez.

RSQ3 sucks, basically a jacked up A3. I'd rather the SQ5 anyway
pow
Premium Member

19th Feb 14 at 07:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Nothing to do with the rise in inflation, labour costs, minimum wages, shipping costs, fuel prices and expensive legislation for economic compliance, as well as huge amounts of technology and crash testing for each vehicle then Pow

I understand what you're saying - average price of a new car has increased more than the rate of inflation though.

My car with the same spec as when I bought it 4 years ago is now 34% more expensive. That's a lot more than the rate of inflation or even a sensible year on year increase.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Audi S1 22 database queries in 0.0122318 seconds