corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 205 GTi's, talk to me.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 205 GTi's, talk to me.
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
15th Jun 14 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better brakes are something i would like to look into tbh. What's all needed to fit the GTi 6 brakes and is it a worthwhile conversion??
Eck
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 06:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally wouldn't go changing the engine. But if you did, an S16/GTi-6 engine isn't expensive. But a cheap and effective mod is a 1.6 gearbox. Not sure on the GTi-6 brakes but I do know that 406 Coupe Brembo's are a straight swap on to 205 hubs.
SVM 286

16th Jun 14 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cracking little cars. Such a grin to drive. I still want one now.
I was going to buy a new 1.9 in metallic black a few years ago, but was terrified of the prospect of being in hock for all that money for 4 or 5 years at such a young age so gave it a miss. Sort of regret not getting it sometimes, hence i've never lost the bug for them.

Nearly bought a new MK II CRX-i from the same place a couple of years earlier. And when I did eventually buy a new car it came from the same garage. It must have been fated.

If I ever find a clean one when i'm flush I shall be purchasing.
Corsa_Sport21

16th Jun 14 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine will be staying as it is unless something terminal goes wrong lol. I suspect its not the original engine though as at 190k it shouldn't be behaving the way it does (in a good way). Its also the pre-cat model which is a bonus.

Plan on upgrading the brakes as they aren't great. Had some attention with new servo and M/C but i like to have bitey brakes.
Eck
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad its a precat Not keen on the big fuck off exhaust though
Eck
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286

Nearly bought a new MK II CRX-i

Lovely cars My mate had a B18c engined one, and it was a riot.
ShEp

16th Jun 14 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't rip the 1.9 out, mine ran all over redtop's it was mildly tuned though.

Imo lowering them is a must.

Mine had a stage 3 head and piper cam, and other bits, that pic was when I bought it, it was all stripped out, with a cage and harnesses when i sold it.

Corsa_Sport21

17th Jun 14 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exhaust is Devil, not Jetex. Would prefer something a bit more subtle though, maybe 2.5/3" outward rolled tip.

Quite fancy lowering it actually and doing the wheels like the 1FM edition but don't want it to drive like shit.
AK

17th Jun 14 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great fun cars, nice a basic no frills fun :d

They do rot.... rear arches, rear corners, rear sill/floor area just infront of rear wheels...

rear beams seize but are easy to swap out (refurb/replace)

We had one <still not sure why I bought it> for a while... it say doing nothing for 8months before deciding to make it a track car. BRILLIANT FUN and CHEAP!
AK

17th Jun 14 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

re: lowereing..... if you want to ruin the great handling, slam it
AK

17th Jun 14 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

meep meep

Corsa_Sport21

17th Jun 14 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh i only want to bring the front down maybe 20-30mm to make it sit more even. Ive got a toolbox and jack in the boot, and with it being so light, its made the rear look lower.
dava.

17th Jun 14 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your needing any advice with these at all i would suggest heading over to SOS Motorsport in Falkirk, (find them on the web and facebook) if anyone knows 205's its Dave, hes had/built everything from supercharged gti-6's , tuned 8v turbos, auxia kits, right up to his built and tuned in house 450 bhp track car

[Edited on 17-06-2014 by dava.]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 205 GTi's, talk to me. 22 database queries in 0.0072830 seconds