corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What is it with kids today?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What is it with kids today?
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Feb 15 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have an apprentice who is 19.

He left school at 16, got all a's and a* in his GCSE's. He then worked at McDonalds. Became a manager then left to start his apprenticeship.

He literally has fuck all common sense. And he doesn't listen. Thinks he knows better.

I think his problem is he has been at the top and can't take the fact he is now at the bottom. He also gets paid to much imo so doesn't really need to do much to get a pay rise!

Bloody kids!!!
GB123
Premium Member

20th Feb 15 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91

I know that nower days isn't a correct term. But I use it in daily life, so I type it aswell.

Nowadays is a correct term though, that's my point.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Feb 15 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
quote:

I know that nower days isn't a correct term. But I use it in daily life, so I type it aswell.

Nowadays is a correct term though, that's my point.

Well then as I said previously. Shite at spelling too
Generation

20th Feb 15 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depression isn't something that is ways shown to the rest of the world. I don't know the individuals, but most People with real depression try their best to hide it around others
Jason x
Premium Member

20th Feb 15 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Back when I was a kid (and I'm only 23) kids didn't have "anxiety" or what ever else.

I'd be very interested In knowing how you know this.
Welly Wanger

21st Feb 15 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At my old place where I served my apprenticeship there were 4 new starters every year. Each apprentice up until they qualified got stick, tied up, a boxing ring set up and the gloves came out apprentice verse apprentice. The worst to happen to me was tied up like Jesus on Sheffields tram system at a stop with my pants by my ankles, the other three got just as bad in my year but that's your initiation as a boy. I qualified in 2001. A few years later running a job I got a new apprentice fresh from school, got him doing the usual jobs do the butty run, bring materials to familiar him self from the cabin etc. We had been dipping hints one day we was gonna tie him up and hang him from the roof. Just after dinner a third year and myself grabbed him and wrestled him to the floor. He bawled his eyes out and grabbed a brick and threatens to smash me. GTF cry baby or summit was my reaction and he stormed off. 20 minutes later the boys in blue whack the cuffs on me and the third year on site. His dad is the old bill and we got cautioned for assaulting him because he had a mark were his gold chain had rubbed on his neck when we wrestled. They don't make them like they used to. Pffft.
Generation

21st Feb 15 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course people had anxiety 20 years ago

It's not a new invention
p

21st Feb 15 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
quote:
Back when I was a kid (and I'm only 23) kids didn't have "anxiety" or what ever else.

I would assume many, many people have it, and like myself, didn't even realise I had it until my early 20's. To make a serious point, schools don't do enough to teach kids about anxiety, depression, bullying etc - I mean we hear talk about bullying, but anxiety can ruin your life.
p

21st Feb 15 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
The fact in school your not allowed to use the words black board or white board any more for example.

That's a bit of a myth, anyone who works in education and isn't a fag just gets on with using whichever words they want.

This is a new one on me... Stunned.
Neo

21st Feb 15 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My apprentice is a quite good, much more common sense than the last, although has no interest in the job

My missus suffers from (diagnosed) anxiety and its really fucking painful to dee from my perspective. She really struggles and it makes normal things hard. These kids saying they are depressed or whatever without diagnosis annoys me.
p

21st Feb 15 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
My apprentice is a quite good, much more common sense than the last, although has no interest in the job

My missus suffers from (diagnosed) anxiety and its really fucking painful to dee from my perspective. She really struggles and it makes normal things hard. These kids saying they are depressed or whatever without diagnosis annoys me.

It's a cliche but no one can fully understand it unless you either go through it, or you're seeing someone go through like you say, but even then you can't understand it fully. It really does ruin lives, it certainly ruined my teenage years that's for sure.

But as you say, people may say those terms in jest of course.
gazza808

21st Feb 15 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to apprentices at my place,
Both left 2 years in because all their friends were going travelling etc and they felt like they were missing out on something,

One was told when he came back he'd be welcomed back, but the attitude in which he replied fucked him tbh, was like I'm not coming back I'm staying out there, he was back in two months and now can't find a job and we won't touch the moron.

Tbh neither of them had common sense either.
Then we have another guy who is useless took him on as an extra pair of hand when we was busy, claims to be the king etc but knows nothing and is off ill majority of the time, has been complained about by customers on site, his days are numbered,
And he doesn't know a few of my mates wored with him at his old place, he was off sick with depression and a bad back... only to be caught on the till at sainsbury's and wondered why no one liked him so he left.

[Edited on 21-02-2015 by gazza808]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

21st Feb 15 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Not a fact. Just when I was a kid untill I was around about 20 you never really heard of it, kids never had time off school for it. Just didn't seem to be a thing back then.
And no I'm not saying it's suddenly been invented. But it seems like every body has it now and a lot of them use it as and excuse to not get a job or not go out or what ever.

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
quote:

I would assume many, many people have it, and like myself, didn't even realise I had it until my early 20's. To make a serious point, schools don't do enough to teach kids about anxiety, depression, bullying etc - I mean we hear talk about bullying, but anxiety can ruin your life.

This could very well be the case, and again it could be the case that it just wasn't reported on as much as it is now hence you never really heard about it or learnt about it.
quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
The fact in school your not allowed to use the words black board or white board any more for example.

That's a bit of a myth, anyone who works in education and isn't a fag just gets on with using whichever words they want.

This is a new one on me... Stunned.

This is what we were told in school by a fair few of the teachers. Plus none of our teachers ever used the term blackboard or whiteboard.
Ian what do you mean by "bit of a myth" is it just frowned upon or is it total shit?
Generation

21st Feb 15 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why they're teying to raise awareness to this stuff atm. Especially depression, so frustrating for people to say stuff like "they have easy lives, they seem happy so how can they be depressed)"
So many people are very naive to it all
--ToM--

21st Feb 15 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generation will know all about it he's makes miserable people look mildly happy
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
21st Feb 15 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ian what do you mean by "bit of a myth" is it just frowned upon or is it total shit?

You can call things whatever you want.

There are a lot of people scared to say or do the wrong thing so that culture does rub off.

Its like a Chinese whisper. Can we say that? Its been going on so long its established as a bit of a fact. When there are no rules really. I've certainly never seen it written down.

Anxiety also isn't a new thing, it was going on when I left in 2011 and for years before so that pre-dates your 20s.
Generation

21st Feb 15 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Following me around again.

You need to go and make some real life friends
SVM 286

21st Feb 15 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Of my 4 apprentices, one of them has weeks off at a time with depression and one has now got 2 weeks off with stress and anxiety!

They have cushty lives, I don't work then particularly hard, they have plenty of money, decent family lives and good social lives.

I just don't get it!

[Edited on 20-02-2015 by Tiger]

How often do you rape them Tiger?
SVM 286

21st Feb 15 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
The problem is too many people think they're more than a bunch of atoms clinging desperately to life one a shit piece of rock in an infinite vacuum of nothingness

Bacterial colonies in a giant Petri dish Russ
Tiger

21st Feb 15 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Of my 4 apprentices, one of them has weeks off at a time with depression and one has now got 2 weeks off with stress and anxiety!

They have cushty lives, I don't work then particularly hard, they have plenty of money, decent family lives and good social lives.

I just don't get it!

[Edited on 20-02-2015 by Tiger]

How often do you rape them Tiger?

Well, regularly, but they enjoy that. It's not a source of stress or anxiety

[Edited on 21-02-2015 by Tiger]
--ToM--

21st Feb 15 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Following me around again.

You need to go and make some real life friends

I knew before I posted that was coming
Y869 SRA

21st Feb 15 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Depression isn't something that is ways shown to the rest of the world. I don't know the individuals, but most People with real depression try their best to hide it around others

This. I've suffered with depression for over 10 years. I have my good days and bad days of course, my bad days being where I just can't hide it and my good days just trying to get through the day the best I can without showing it but deep down I'm miserable inside.
Some days you feel so low, you just can't hide it at all.

[Edited on 21-02-2015 by Y869 SRA]
scoob
Premium Member

21st Feb 15 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mechanic bloke I used to knock around with put a brush inside an apprentices overalls tied it to a Crain and lifted him up, the broom snapped he fell and broke both his legs, don't make them like they use to.
Tiger

21st Feb 15 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lad I was at college with when I was doing my apprenticeship had his hands tied behind his back and hooked over the tow bar and pulled over, broke both his wrists.
Gary
Premium Member

21st Feb 15 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get depression. Surely your just sad about something in your life. Can you not just do something about that?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What is it with kids today? 22 database queries in 0.0174630 seconds