corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Oh dear fiesta Zetec - S Driver, ho ho ho...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oh dear fiesta Zetec - S Driver, ho ho ho...
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
12th Sep 03 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OJC
Ditch

12th Sep 03 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and before you say it, yes i do push my car hard sometimes and yes it does have a small engine!

but i dont wank over it
GIBBS

12th Sep 03 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by paul_spurrell
quote:
Originally posted by Adam
You drive a 1.2

You drive a 1.2

You drive a 1.2

What's wrong with that? i ony drive a 1.3
paul_spurrell

12th Sep 03 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drive a 1.2 also
Ojc

12th Sep 03 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive your mum.
paul_spurrell

12th Sep 03 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc

12th Sep 03 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I FCUKING LOVE GMTV!!!
Robbo

12th Sep 03 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rnt zetec-s's 120bhp?
GrahamO

12th Sep 03 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zetec-S is 103bhp, 0-62 is a shade over 10 seconds so it's not really that fast.

I've driven 2 of these cars and the chassis is one of the most fun to play with ever! The 1.6 zetec engine likes to be revved hard but I had a grin on my face both times especially on the corners.

The Ford Racing Puma shares the same chassis as the Zetec-S... just incase you wanted to know that too

[Edited on 12-09-2003 by GrahamO]
Ojc

12th Sep 03 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, they are a shambolic 103bhp, they are god awful.

I actually saw a new shape Fiesta Zetec-S and that look fcuking wicked.
Robbo

12th Sep 03 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats awful - 103
wayne hiscock

12th Sep 03 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my m8s got one. my gsi kills it so he went and got a cossie
paul_spurrell

12th Sep 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is'nt the corsa sport a 1.6 with 100bhp
Paul_J

12th Sep 03 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I know the Zetec-S underperforms for a modern day hot hatch, but seriously mate, i see you post every day about you racing cars with bigger cc engines and you beating them cos your "in the power"

You are a blurberry cap wearing oik, and probably highly entertain other road users with your 1.2 red-line antics.

lol, I knew it'd have this sort of response

Firstly, where did I say I beat it?

No where, I said he beat me so please stfu!

Secondly as people are saying its 0-60 is just over 10 seconds!!!

Many people have claimed their sxi's to have 0-60's of around 11.5 seconds (due to the fact they're 75 bhp not 65 and thus the 0-60 official stats were also faked)...

If the road was long enough he would of left me behind, but it just so happened he went to overtake and I floored it in the power and managed to make him take a while to get past.

I know I always talk about 'in the power', but I don't think half of you even think about this.

If you put a 1.4 16v and a 1.2 16v sxi next to each other... the sxi at 3.5k rpm, the 1.4 at say 1.5-2k rpm... Then said go!

the sxi would pull away!

16v engine's with not that much power need to be in the power band to pull away its that simple.

My point was, if this guy wasn't in that power band - and I was, he was at a disadvantage, but because his car had more power it still sat along side and finally pulled away (probably as his did come into the power).

My thread if you read it even the subject is 'Poor Zetec S Driver - ho ho ho'...

I wasn't saying I beat this guy in a race, I'm saying he went to overtake me and got a bit of a shock!

this whole talk of getting the car in the power etc, is proven when I beat a GSI down the strip at santa pod (witnesses include people like BlueCorsaSxi)...

and to the guy who said 'constantly red lining antics' - if you knew anything about your power band you'd know you don't have to take it that far - the power drops off at about 5.8/9k and I usually change before that anyway, just so it drops to around 3.5k in the next gear.

When you actually read what I wrote - you'd realise it was nothing special and nothing impossible or unrealistic.

Half of you have probably never even driven a Sxi, or if you did not properly, too many of you assume because its a 1.2 its automatically as slow as a 1.2 8v.

Paul J
paul_spurrell

12th Sep 03 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got bored of reading that again
vibrio
Banned

12th Sep 03 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GIBBS
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam
You drive a 1.2

You drive a 1.2

You drive a 1.2

What's wrong with that? i ony drive a 1.3

not the same type of engine though is it
Paul_J

12th Sep 03 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That was an enjoyable read - thanks. I wish I knew how to get my cock out of the toaster

No probs, hope you get your toaster prob sorted!

Paul J
Ditch

12th Sep 03 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
I know the Zetec-S underperforms for a modern day hot hatch, but seriously mate, i see you post every day about you racing cars with bigger cc engines and you beating them cos your "in the power"

You are a blurberry cap wearing oik, and probably highly entertain other road users with your 1.2 red-line antics.

I didnt say you did ya gimp, just said you musta looked like a propa tit thrashing your 1.2 to redline

quote:

Many people have claimed their sxi's to have 0-60's of around 11.5 seconds (due to the fact they're 75 bhp not 65 and thus the 0-60 official stats were also faked)...

fuking great, sssoooo quick

quote:

I know I always talk about 'in the power', but I don't think half of you even think about this.

If you put a 1.4 16v and a 1.2 16v sxi next to each other... the sxi at 3.5k rpm, the 1.4 at say 1.5-2k rpm... Then said go!

the sxi would pull away!

your making yourself look even more stupid now by stating the totally fcuking obvious, be quiet!

quote:

My point was, if this guy wasn't in that power band - and I was, he was at a disadvantage, but because his car had more power it still sat along side and finally pulled away (probably as his did come into the power).

so he werent racing...... but you were caning your car....... so he put his foot down in 5th gear and he still won it just gets better

quote:

I wasn't saying I beat this guy in a race, I'm saying he went to overtake me and got a bit of a shock!

this whole talk of getting the car in the power etc, is proven when I beat a GSI down the strip at santa pod (witnesses include people like BlueCorsaSxi)...

GSi was fuked or the driver was in-experienced

quote:

and to the guy who said 'constantly red lining antics' - if you knew anything about your power band you'd know you don't have to take it that far - the power drops off at about 5.8/9k and I usually change before that anyway, just so it drops to around 3.5k in the next gear.

yes that was me said that, and i love the way you bum your power bands, your SXi's soooo fast!!

p.s. like the way you deleted the part about not lookin where you are going!
sxi boy

12th Sep 03 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by sxi boy
i caned a zetec s the other day

had a bit of crack with a 205 1.9 gti tonite, i came out on top

try a proper car

like yours for example??
wainey

12th Sep 03 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try a sierra cossie,scooby,golf vr6! something that is actually quick!
essexracer

12th Sep 03 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol @ ditch ...

easy tiger! put ur handbag away.

also y dont u tell paul_j wat car u drive!

sorry m8

james
Adam-D

12th Sep 03 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i er beat a 1.1 saxo

whup de do
Stone Cold Rattlesnake

12th Sep 03 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS another fookin 5 page essay by Paul_J
Paul_J

12th Sep 03 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
quote:
quote:

I didnt say you did ya gimp, just said you musta looked like a propa tit thrashing your 1.2 to redline

You did there - look!

quote:

quote:

fuking great, sssoooo quick

Just justifying why it wasn't so unbelievable, because it was getting slated - if you had read 'my disclaimer' I said, 'I'm not saying my Sxi is fast'

quote:

quote:

GSi was fuked or the driver was in-experienced

It was a female driver - hehe...

quote:

p.s. like the way you deleted the part about not lookin where you are going!

I didn't delete any bits, I was looking where I was going too - the use of mirrors and just being able to see out the corner of your eye/glancing at blindspot allows normal people to be able to drive and see what is next to them/behind them.

If you didn't know that, perhaps you should retake your driving test.

You so cool Ditch, when I grow up I want to be just like you

Paul J
BabyBlade

12th Sep 03 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

If the road was long enough he would of left me behind, but it just so happened he went to overtake and I floored it in the power and managed to make him take a while to get past.

the sxi would pull away!

16v engine's with not that much power need to be in the power band to pull away its that simple.

My thread if you read it even the subject is 'Poor Zetec S Driver - ho ho ho'...

When you actually read what I wrote - you'd realise it was nothing special and nothing impossible or unrealistic.

Half of you have probably never even driven a Sxi, or if you did not properly, too many of you assume because its a 1.2 its automatically as slow as a 1.2 8v.

Paul J

i didnt read any of that.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Oh dear fiesta Zetec - S Driver, ho ho ho... 22 database queries in 0.0141969 seconds