corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Out of a metter of interest...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Out of a metter of interest...
Shelly
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 03 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but I am allowed to interact with friends and have a laugh.

being a moderator does not make me like a robot, i am still a person.
Kerry

3rd Oct 03 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not suggestin u be a robot shelly and i would be a hipocrit to say u should not post crap or have a laff

my point is when was the last time u actually rose above that and either made a constructive contribution or more to the point post on the forum u was initially appointed to???

to me there are 3 levels on this site

moderation level

normal level

crap level

shelly u really need to sit between the normal and moderation level every once in a while instead of hovering below normal towards crap

sorry if its harsh but its my opinion said in the nicest possible way
Shelly
Premium Member

3rd Oct 03 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest Kerry I am not bothered.

Just because I don't contribute to ICE & Electrics does not mean that I don't know what should and should not be in there.

Off Day is about generally having a laugh and posting things which are not in relation to cars etc. I think you'll find I contribute well to that.

If I spoke engine mounts and coilovers all day I would become pretty boring.

As for professionalism, I will show it where and when it is needed.
Kerry

3rd Oct 03 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelly

im not bitchin but would u care to show me an example of this?
SetH

3rd Oct 03 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Especially when they have secret chats about who to ban i.e. Seth and Shelly!

The admin team are always getting together and having meetings using messenger or discussion via the admin forum. And as Ian said, yes they are chats that will remain confidential. We are in constant communication with each other because we work as a team.

quote:

well if you moderate a forum where people post sh*t and you post sh*t too then why should you have authority over others to ban or elect people to be banned!

Leni, i dont know any user that has been banned soley on the basis of "posting shit"?? Off day was created for topics that didnt involve car chat etc, its a place where people can tell jokes and participate in more diverse conversation.

quote:

Mate if that's the case, i'd like to see all the gay chat removed. It's a car site, so why are certain members allowed to pop up in most threads with remarks like' can i stick my finger up your bum', 'i want to touch your willy' etc. An outsider viweing the site must think WTF.

I agree with what craig has said, and we have already tried to address this issue a few months ago by adding certain words to the spang filter. And what did we get from it, nothing but abuse hurled at us because we banned these words. We also spoke to a few users stating that using gay references to describe absolutely everything and anything was inappropriate, this is a move which seemed to work.

I dont think some of you appreciate the amount of work the admin team are putting into this site. I spent about 4 hours straight today dealing with issues when i was actually at work, and its not the first time. Other members of the team spend significant time moderating the site as well, end of the day we are all people that enjoy corsasport and we strive to make it a better community.
Shelly
Premium Member

3rd Oct 03 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
quote:

im not bitchin but would u care to show me an example of this?

When and where it is needed, you don't need to worry about this Kerry.

troubled_corsa

3rd Oct 03 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

r kerry n shelly arguin?

edited: i mean

[Edited on 03-10-2003 by troubled_corsa]
Richie

3rd Oct 03 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No its a loving chat
troubled_corsa

3rd Oct 03 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought so
mav

3rd Oct 03 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do agree that outsiders..Ppl that are intrested in corsa/cars etc sometimes would look on the site and think WTF....What all this crap..Gay posts etc..

But there has to be a line with off day..What is ok and what is not..???? Hard to do I think..

If the site was cleaned up a bit and not so much crap I feel there would be more serious ppl who r intrested in cars, and a bit of a laugh and more premium members..

HOW many memebers is there..10k +
HOw many premium about 260..??????? That tells u something..

Why not make premium a must to post...But u can view but not contribute if not paid the money?? would keep alot of the wee kiddies off here..

[Edited on 03-10-2003 by mav]
Dicky_Morris

4th Oct 03 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat do u get 4 ur money? the chance 2 post on a site great! at least with my local site they offer insentives! key rings, stickers and discounts in like 50 different car places in south wales! i was thinkin of becoming a member but its just not worth it! as far as i see u gain fuk all from becoming a prem member!
Ally

4th Oct 03 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My friend is a member of a pug website and they get keyrings and stickers for their cars.

I like CS the way it is, if people don't like it then why come on?
Ben
Banned

4th Oct 03 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flipin heck! yes u could remove all the shit , but probibily the reason why there is so many ppl coming on here is because they like to read about corsa and other makes problems ect but on the other hand they also like a joke, thats the whole reason off day was introduced ffs.

i rekon a lot less ppl would come on here if it got so "strict"

also if ppl want to find out something usually like " will 17s fit on my car" ppl are usually willing to help and also explain offsets ect to them , so they get what they want as well as ppl enjoying this site through having a laff!

my opinion!
Ian S

4th Oct 03 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Off Day is about generally having a laugh and posting things which are not in relation to cars etc. I think you'll find I contribute well to that.

[translation]all my posts are about sex or utter bollocks[/translation]
Joff

4th Oct 03 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
We also spoke to a few users stating that using gay references to describe absolutely everything and anything was inappropriate, this is a move which seemed to work.

So are hetero-references allowed then?? So if I ask Shelly if I can suck on her tits or Kerry ask Vibrio if he'll show her his balls that's ok?
Maybe you should deem all sexual comments inappropriate to CorsaSport or just get over any problems you may or may not have with your own sexuality.
Nobby

4th Oct 03 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been a registered member of this site for over 3 years, in that time the quality of the site itself has skyrocketed. Unfortunately the same can not be said for the quility of the members!

The reason I left for so long was 2 fold, (1) because I got sick of the same questions being asked all the time "Can I fit 18"s with no mods?", "How can I get 200bhp out of my 1.2?" and so on and so forth. And (2) because at the time certain people were using the place almost daily for slanging matches (those that I blame have left so those who are still with us need not take offence )
I checked the place out again a few months back and saw that with the creation of a very good FAQ section all the inane questions had stopped and because the old skool trouble makers had departed I thourght i'd risk a triumphant return to the scene

Oh dear!

The inane questions have been replaced with inane posts about subjects not even related to cars, much less to Corsas! FFS half the 'Off Day' posters don't even own Corsas, why are they here in the first place?
As far as the bickering and trouble making go, thats just as bad as ever. We've got bickering between a non corsa owner and a so called "moderator" right here in this thread.
I appreciate that with over 12000 registered members on here that Ian and Tim can't be expected to moderate the whole site, and there are moderators doing a good job (Romford, Trotty, Adam, etc), however there does appear to be a few "moderators" to whom the title is nothing more then just that!

While I can appreciate what the intention behind the creation of the 'Off day' forum was, I think its sad that the ever increasing amounts of non corsa related crap there must have been in General Chat forced Ian into creating it in the first place.

FAO Ian: Do you still own Lemon Lounge?

[Edited on 04-10-03 by Nobby]
leni

5th Oct 03 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Ian and Time should impose a minimum word count to each post so that posts like "hello boys!" and shit like that can be stopped! The majority of people that use cs have msn so whats the point of the "new thread" when they could carry on their convos in msn group chats like most of them do anyway?!
Joff

5th Oct 03 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello boys!
Robbo

5th Oct 03 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nobby
FFS half the 'Off Day' posters don't even own Corsas, why are they here in the first place?

I don't own a Corsa and I post in Off Day... I used 2 have a Corsa (like yesterday ) but the sale of my car does not mean I would leave.
Robbo

5th Oct 03 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and Leni, it's Matter not metter
Sam
Premium Member

6th Oct 03 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The inane questions have been replaced with inane posts about subjects not even related to cars, much less to Corsas

quote:
FAO Ian: Do you still own Lemon Lounge?

Sam
Premium Member

6th Oct 03 at 06:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW I just come on CS to post crap all day long when I'm bored at work, but I also go on MIGWeb when I want an intellectual conversation with people without fear of having my post/thread deleted if my views/opinions do not conform to the views/opinions of others (or any moderators), as this is very hard to do on here nowadays!

PS. flame away, I couldn't give a flying fuck what any of you think of me!

xXx
leni

6th Oct 03 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RobboSri - I am dyselxic! Sorry that I do not post correcetly all the time! Also in my above post it's Time not Time
Super_si

6th Oct 03 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well some certain moderator get steven banned for just being honest

he must really hit the nail on the head........................
Robbo

6th Oct 03 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leni
RobboSri - I am dyselxic! Sorry that I do not post correcetly all the time! Also in my above post it's Time not Time

I was joking... dont worry

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Out of a metter of interest... 22 database queries in 0.3490071 seconds