corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
16th May 13 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks awesome with the wheels in that colour, isn't too much silver now and breaks it up a bit
pow
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's driving it yayyyyayyyy!
3CorsaMeal

17th May 13 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just noticed, if you read the SUBARU badge on the back backwards it says

U R A BUS
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I gave them all a quick wipe down, once over with Autoglym SRP then a couple of coats of Poorboys' with 20mins or so to cure between coats.

What did you use to apply it a spatula?!
looks boss though mate I love it
Christopher

17th May 13 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Just noticed, if you read the SUBARU badge on the back backwards it says

U R A BUS

You do come out with some random ass stuff
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
What did you use to apply it a spatula?!
looks boss though mate I love it

I used my coppergrease brush

Seriously though its about four coats in that photo, got a bit lazy just slopping it on in the end.

Looks stunning in daylight

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
gazza808

17th May 13 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always tempted by one of these.

Just out of curiosity will you be changing the mileage on the new clocks?
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
Just out of curiosity will you be changing the mileage on the new clocks?

Yes mate definitely, just not going 120 mile round trip specifically for it like I did last time! I've kept a note of my difference, so will get it corrected when I find somebody local. It's too much faffing to fudge/explain documentation such as MOT certificates, my car has taken nearly three years to do the last 10k miles so it's a lot of history which now doesn't make sense!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
M Sutton

17th May 13 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gorgeous!!!
Ben J

17th May 13 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome. Glad you went for the Vreds. too.

They need running in for about 2-300 miles before they really perform.

Such a great tyre. It was a Scooby owner who told me about them about 8 years ago when I first started using them.

Kyle T
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Mr Sutton It's a bit gay, but I drove past a shop window earlier, saw my car's reflection and thought

Cheers Ben, so far I'm chuffed to bits with the Vreds. High speed stability is a million times better now, but potentially most of that is due to the alignment changes.

When considering tyres, I found mixed reviews from Impreza owners for all of the "big four" brands, but I found a four page thread with NO negative comments on Vreds at all. That swung me, and so far... so good.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
CORSA NUT

17th May 13 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing that's annoying me Kyle....Why is the corner of the battery warning light not lit on the new clocks?
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th May 13 at 07:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's on the JDM clocks which came out. I don't know if it's a dodgy bulb or if the facia bit is damaged... Either way it's not my problem now

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

18th May 13 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheels look fantastic kyle. what colour did you go for?

at the wheel sealant application. i was the same doing a set of white alloys, got tired in the end and just chucked loads on.
CORSA NUT

18th May 13 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That's on the JDM clocks which came out. I don't know if it's a dodgy bulb or if the facia bit is damaged... Either way it's not my problem now

Kyle T
Premium Member

18th May 13 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
wheels look fantastic kyle. what colour did you go for?

at the wheel sealant application. i was the same doing a set of white alloys, got tired in the end and just chucked loads on.

I was actually concerned about the colour, I expected an in depth conversation about it but I basically walked in - showed him a shitty photo on my phone and he said "Ah, Graphite Grey" and that was that

I'm chuffed to bits with how it actually came out, but no idea what paintcode etc. I should probably find out in case I curb one or something...

Thanks for the comments team.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th May 13 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming home today after a blast out in the sun, thinking I had a fast car...

Came up to a mini round-about and noticed an R8 driver waving at me like a madman, took a doubletake and realised it was my old boss. He used to drive a Q7, he's always been an Audi fanboy though.

Tried my luck accelerating out of the town into national speed limit and he blasted past me like I was stood still

He pulled over later in a lay-by so I could have a look, it was a 62 plate V10. Not his though, he's just bought an A7 and it needed a few jobs doing before he could collect it so got a fucking R8 courtesy car for 4 days

Anyway, that upset aside - gave it a quick clean as promised.

I've got the following bits on order now, hopefully to arrive next week:

255 lph fuel pump. I've got a 255 one currently but it's been on for 8 years. For the price, replacing it as a precaution.

3-port boost solenoid. Apparently a handy addition to give a mapper more options with boost control, cheap enough "quick-win".

Hayward and Scott Decat downpipe to match the H&S second decat and H&S deresonated centre section I've got waiting in my shed.

4x PFR7B Spark Plugs

Kestrel DAS6 DA Polisher, 150mm + 75mm backing plates and some pads

Plan is to get the car to Richard Henry for a week on Tuesday, get them to service, MOT and fit my parts. Andrew Carr is then going to meet me at Richard Henry and remap the car with the new bits on.... hopefully, still trying to coordinate a free time slot for everybody involved.

That will hopefully give me both the bank holiday weekend and the one following it to give my car it's summer strip down, polish and Werkstat Acrylic treatment depending on which weekend has the better weather. Preferably I'll do it AFTER the car has been serviced/mapped as it'll probably end up covered in oily fingerprints

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
CORSA NUT

19th May 13 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now where talkin
Simon_16v

19th May 13 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

POOOWWAAHHHH
Wrighty

20th May 13 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could have just borrowed my megs G220
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
could have just borrowed my megs G220

Cheers Jon, been borrowing Si's portercable in the past but wanted my own so I can practice some hardcore corrrection on some scrap metal (Jens corsa when I key it)

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

20th May 13 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the amount of polishing you do, youl have vibration white finger within a month
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My hands have had years of vigorous polishing, not just cars either...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm happy with the workmanship so far from the lads at Richard Henry, but their organisation skills have got a lot of room for improvement!

Unfortunately not going to be able to coordinate the service work and the remap for my week off next week, so I'm going to drop the car off on Saturday 1st June and then book Wednesday 5th off work. They'll have Saturday/Monday/Tuesday to service, MOT and fit my bits - then I'll go down on Wednesday for the mapping.

That gives me BH Weekend and the week following it to get my summer strip/wash/wax sorted - so hopefully will get a couple of nice days in there somewhere, and will have to ask nicely for the lads to keep oily handprints off

Ordered some DEI Exhaust Heat Wrap so I can wrap up my downpipe and cat pipe while they're off the car. Negligible results I'm sure, but whilst off the car I might aswell. If/When I come to replace my headers and up-pipe they often come pre-wrapped so would be nice to have the full set wrapped up.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BeetleGav

21st May 13 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
get my summer strip/wash/wax sorted

That sounds fecking painful and a little gay

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0210571 seconds