corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
Cavey

User status: Offline
24th Jun 13 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Birmingham have accepted bids from 2 prem clubs for Nathan Redmond, probably the only u21 player who did anything in Israel.

Hopefully it'll be a lower prem club and he might get the occasional game
Nath

24th Jun 13 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Liverpool perhaps.
Marc

24th Jun 13 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YNWA with Liverpool Nath.
p

24th Jun 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Looks like Isco is going to Madrid.

Shame, would of loved to see him here

Not at City, though.

Pleased he's gone Madrid.
chrisritch

24th Jun 13 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
quote:
Dare I say it, I think Higuian is too good for Arsenal
On what basis? We're one of the biggest, most successful and richest clubs in wrold football, why would he be too good?

I'd agree you're one of the biggest and richest as those are facts but you are not winning things and haven't done so for some time. He is easily a top 5 striker in World football and unless Arsenal match that signing with probably 3 of a similar ilk he'd be going to a club that isn't going to challenge for the biggest prizes.
not winning things since we moved to our new self funded stadium. spurs think they can keep Bale and yet they havent won the league in 60 years :/ Utd went 26 years or soemthign not winnign the league and Liverpool arent far off that yet and still brought in Suarez (granted not int he same class bu still).

He doesnt (seem to) want to stay at madrid, juventus are probably not gonna challenge for champions league and serie a is weak as hell these days so we are his best bet, he can be our top player, lead the line and be a fans favourite etc, and with hopefully another big signing this summer (mid, like fellaini or whatever) and a new keepr it sets out a good year for us, before we spend big again next summer and start properly challenging

Are you trying to suggest that Higuain is better than Suarez?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

24th Jun 13 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heard some liverpool fans yesterday talking about how Suarez wasn't that good and that he should just fuck off now and they should get back "that guy from west ham"

just sums them up tbh
Robbo

24th Jun 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dare I say it, I think Higuian is too good for Arsenal
On what basis? We're one of the biggest, most successful and richest clubs in wrold football, why would he be too good?

I'd agree you're one of the biggest and richest as those are facts but you are not winning things and haven't done so for some time. He is easily a top 5 striker in World football and unless Arsenal match that signing with probably 3 of a similar ilk he'd be going to a club that isn't going to challenge for the biggest prizes.
not winning things since we moved to our new self funded stadium. spurs think they can keep Bale and yet they havent won the league in 60 years :/ Utd went 26 years or soemthign not winnign the league and Liverpool arent far off that yet and still brought in Suarez (granted not int he same class bu still).

He doesnt (seem to) want to stay at madrid, juventus are probably not gonna challenge for champions league and serie a is weak as hell these days so we are his best bet, he can be our top player, lead the line and be a fans favourite etc, and with hopefully another big signing this summer (mid, like fellaini or whatever) and a new keepr it sets out a good year for us, before we spend big again next summer and start properly challenging

Are you trying to suggest that Higuain is better than Suarez?
I wasnt actually, but clearly he is
Hammer

24th Jun 13 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Higuain is a better player than Suarez was before he signed for Liverpool, absolutely undoubtedly.

Whether that's the case now is up for debate but he is younger, has scored more goals and has played at a higher level with better players for longer.
Robbo

24th Jun 13 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep. have to see higuain back in a first choice game in game ouit environment rather than the stop start nature of his last few seaosns. his stats are still incredible though, 1/3 striker over the last 5 years iirc. some ridic stat anyway
andys sxi
Premium Member

25th Jun 13 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tevez is ment to be leaving man city for juventus for £10million which I think is pretty cheap, no doubt man city will pay silly amounts of money for another striker

April 08 feature car
12vStig

25th Jun 13 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10 rising to 12m but apparently this is euros... about 8-9m sterling BARGAIN!
Rick Draper

25th Jun 13 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tevez is iirc in the last 12 months of his contract, a extension would be ££££££££ so i guess the fee reflects that. Still cheap IMHO and to replace him is going to cost a lot. I hope Pellegrini and the Ex Barca duo have something up there sleeve as Dzeko and Kun are not enough.
Nath

25th Jun 13 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great business for Juve.
Cavey

25th Jun 13 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And for Arsenal...
DaSess

25th Jun 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mignolet done deal to Liverpool!!
Massive lose for Sunderland.
Anyone else a Sunderland fan on here?
Nath

26th Jun 13 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taylorboosh is.
mwg

26th Jun 13 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has Ronaldo signed yet?
Tom

26th Jun 13 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
heard some liverpool fans yesterday talking about how Suarez wasn't that good and that he should just fuck off now and they should get back "that guy from west ham"

just sums them up tbh

Does it, really?

I'm happy to admit I'd hate to see Suarez go, which most others would say too. The fact he's openly stating a desire to leave though means that I'm getting to the stage where I would prefer to take the money and invest it in players who want to be at the club.

We won't be able to replace him with one player, he's THAT good. I certainly haven't changed my view on Carroll's 'fit' with what Rodgers is trying to do though and again I haven't heard any other reds who have either - he's better off at West Ham where they'll play to his strengths, we're better off trying to find players who fit our system.
taylorboosh

26th Jun 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted about mig, really am. Hes a fantastic keeper.
Tom

26th Jun 13 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Gutted about mig, really am. Hes a fantastic keeper.

I'm pleased we've signed him, not seen masses of him but he stood out as a good 'keeper last season. I doubt he's been brought in as anything but the first choice though - even though the club and Reina are talking about Mignolet being bought to make the position competitive, it can't have been our priority and you'd have to think Reina is off, which is a shame but possibly the right time.
Eck
Premium Member

26th Jun 13 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mignolet has been class for Sunderland. He's young too so could be a great signing for years to come.
I was hoping that Courtois would be challenging Cech for the number 1 spot at Chelsea, but I see he's back at Athletico for another year . He was arguably the best keeper in La liga last season.
Whittie

26th Jun 13 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

just sums them up tbh

Yes, 1 idiot that knows nothing sums Liverpool fans up. Well done.
Whittie

26th Jun 13 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Has Ronaldo signed yet?

Yes, to Chelsea.
Robbo

26th Jun 13 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Mignolet has been class for Sunderland. He's young too so could be a great signing for years to come.
I was hoping that Courtois would be challenging Cech for the number 1 spot at Chelsea, but I see he's back at Athletico for another year . He was arguably the best keeper in La liga last season.
He said theres no point faffing on the bench at chels with a world cup coming up (and scrapping with mignolet for starting place) and that he would return next year and fully epxects to be number one.

hes an excellent keeper fo sho. atletico are awesome at replacing great players with other great players, the way we used to be
taylorboosh

26th Jun 13 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mignolet will start id imagine, too good not to

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 24 database queries in 0.0190818 seconds