corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
Paul_J

User status: Offline
13th Oct 09 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah don't bother with that matt, just do plyometrics tonight... You'll be doing another ab ripper x on wednesday anyway.

Ab ripper x is 3 times a week, so missing it once won't be a major problem.

However, repeating Chest + back again is probably not a great thing to do the day after, as it's not allowing your muscles to repair and skipping necisary cardio / core / legs with plyometrics tonight. Just continue as it is.

The whole thing is designed so you work 'different' muscles each night, with gaps between working the same muscles again. Not for you to hammer the same muscles every night in a row.

[Edited on 13-10-2009 by Paul_J]
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH just go on to the next day and carry it on, the first day from 90 wont make much difference.

Plus you'll be amazed how fatigued your arms/chest probably is from yesterday and you'll struggle to put in a full effort workout two nights in a row.
J4M13

13th Oct 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mind if i ask why you're not happy with the workout? Im guessing you didnt really push yourself? You need to be pushing yourself or there isn't really any point fella.
M4tt_Envoy

13th Oct 09 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i did push myself to the point where i was collasping during the press ups at the end, i was just disapointed i could only do i or to chin upsat the end when i did 6 or 7 during the first part.

the last push ups i struggled to do five, just think i need to do more for maximum effect
strick206

13th Oct 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can do pretty much no chip up's or pull up's at the minute, done the fit test today, not going to let it bother me, because on all the other aspects of the fit test i can do, push ups especially

So hopefully i'll improve on the pull ups
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, some people (a lot!) can hardly do any pull ups or some of the harder push ups at first, that will change as you go on further.

And if you're putting all in it through the whole thing the second circuit is bound to be less in numbers.

Oh, and if you're struggling on the pull ups use a chair as they show, it doesnt make it loads easier but will certain make it easy enough so you can do a decent amount and get a better workout than just doing 3 or 4.
Paul_J

13th Oct 09 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt, that sounds fine mate... that's the whole point... you're supposed to be doing it till destruction (hence you can do less and less as it goes on)... as long as you do as many as you physically can it doesn't matter how many you actually do.

Basically, your muscles can only do the amount they did... Providing you kept pushing hard, then the muscle will have been strained and will build larger to cope while your resting it today.

Next time you go to do that same exercise (next week) you'll find you can probably do more!

Doing the same exercise two nights in a row will probably have a negative effect! Just stick with the program.

strick206 - I'm the same mate, can do push ups all day long, just can't do pull ups... I think it's due to weight versus weakness of my wrists / forearms. I try to do as many 'clean' pull ups as I can without aid, then when I feel I can't do any more, I put one foot on a chair and let my body 'hang' - then pull myself up and do 8-10 like that. I may get some resistance bands to improve a bit more.
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 scoops of No Explode taken, no shaking just yet

Off out in a minute for Day Two.
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, that was ridiculous

I def think that is one of, if not the, hardest workouts in this. Its certainly the most continually demanding one.

The pause button was my saviour, was having extended breaks when they were by an extra 30 seconds or so, and also having short 30-45sec breaks before repeating each set.

Always made sure my heartrate didnt drop out of 'the zone' though so it was practically over an hour of being in 'the zone'.

btw- if you'll see why I keep repeating 'the zone' as they always do
strick206

13th Oct 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the zone cosmos?
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work out your resting heart rate by relaxing for a few minutes then taking the reading.

Work out your max heart rate by taking your age from 220.

To work out your 'zones', take your resting rate from your max rate, and this gives your working heart rate.

Depending which zone you want to be in and work out that % of your working heart rate.

Then add on your resting rate.

Zones (copy and pasted)

The Energy Efficient or Recovery Zone - 60% to 70%

Training within this zone develops basic endurance and aerobic capacity. All easy recovery running should be completed at a maximum of 70%. Another advantage to running in this zone is that while you are happily fat burning you may lose weight and you will be allowing your muscles to re-energise with glycogen, which has been expended during those faster paced workouts.

The Aerobic Zone - 70% to 80%

Training in this zone will develop your cardiovascular system. The body's ability to transport oxygen to, and carbon dioxide away from, the working muscles can be developed and improved. As you become fitter and stronger from training in this zone it will be possible to run some of your long weekend runs at up to 75%, so getting the benefits of some fat burning and improved aerobic capacity.

The Anaerobic Zone - 80% to 90%

Training in this zone will develop your lactic acid system. In this zone, your individual anaerobic threshold (AT) is found - sometimes referred to the point of deflection (POD). During these heart rates, the amount of fat being utilised as the main source of energy is greatly reduced and glycogen stored in the muscle is predominantly used. One of the by-products of burning this glycogen is lactic acid. There is a point at which the body can no longer remove the lactic acid from the working muscles quickly enough. This is your anaerobic threshold (AT). Through the correct training, it is possible to delay the AT by being able to increase your ability to deal with the lactic acid for a longer period of time or by pushing the AT higher.

The Red Line Zone 90% to 100%

Training in this zone will only be possible for short periods. It effectively trains your fast twitch muscle fibres and helps to develop speed. This zone is reserved for interval running and only the very fit are able to train effectively within this zone.

Example

If your resting rate is 80, and your max is 200. Your working rate is 200-80=120.

If you want to be in the aerobic zone then work out 80% of 120 which is 96. Then add your resting rate if 80 = 176.

So thats roughly where abouts you want you heart rate to be to be in the aerobic zone.

Paul J style post.

strick206

13th Oct 09 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, i thought it would be the above

How you feeling after todays exercise? Day 1 for me tomorrow of my trial week
strick206

13th Oct 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actual Day 1 diet and times

11 : 00 - 3 scrambled eggs, low fat cheese, glass of orange juice + multivitamins & cod liver oil

12:30 - protein bar

2:30 - fit test on p90x

3:30 - 2 chicken breasts, brocolli, and a carrot, with bbq sauce

5:30 - Can of tuna and some natural fat free yoghurt

7:30 - protein shake and a banana

Now i finish work at half 9, not sure whether i should have the cottage cheese, whey and peanut butter shake when i get in considering i've not done much training today?

[Edited on 13-10-2009 by strick206]
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Cheers, i thought it would be the above

How you feeling after todays exercise? Day 1 for me tomorrow of my trial week

I feel good, its def a buzz once you've finished and you know you have left everything on the floor.

Im not feeling it yet, Im sure tomorrow I will be, last week it only started hurting when I started working and sat down for an hour or so, then my legs just seized up and I could hardly move

My arms are more or less back to normal after yesterday though, although I still cant straighten them fully without it really hurting!
Paul_J

13th Oct 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today's felt good, such a relief when you get to the cool down period
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was literally counting down the minutes from about 25mins left

When it got to the end of those one footed hops I thought that was it and was so glad, then he did the sport types ones
strick206

13th Oct 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cottage cheese and peanut butter with prtein blended isnt half as bad as i expected, the ice cubes are getting on my fecking nerves though
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to blend them to a mush then
strick206

13th Oct 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
you need to blend them to a mush then

I guessed that, just bought the blender today, forgot the ice and put it in last, so didnt mus, will be going in first tomorrow night, still not finished it, gets hard to stomach at the end
Cosmo

13th Oct 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The BSN No-Explode Ive got is great just in water as its lemonade flavour and does get fizzy like that and tastes like proper fresh lemonade.

The whey though is a bit shitty in water, altough had one in milk before and it tasted just like a strawberry milkshake!
Paul_J

13th Oct 09 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tommorrow i predict a load more people getting their copy.
J4M13

13th Oct 09 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So how many people are 'actually' on with the program then?
strick206

13th Oct 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J4M13
So how many people are 'actually' on with the program then?

I'm on a test week, and a getting the diet sorted week

Next weeks the start for me
J4M13

13th Oct 09 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv started again this week as i got ill a couple of days last week but im trying to decide whether or not to start this after xmas and just carry on with my normal gyming. December will be a bad month as my best mate is home from afghan and there will be copious amounts of drinking done for a few weeks, i dont want to put all this hard work in and fuck it up because of that so i reckon im best leaving it till after xmas.
There isnt any point doing something if your not going to do it properly.
Paul_J

13th Oct 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although what's to say you won't be just one of those people who constantly make excuses throughout their lives?

I think by december (judging by most progress pics) I'd expect to be at 60 days and pretty good gains / shape already.

I can't see that it'll do any harm.

Will be quite funny if only me and cosmo see it through

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 23 database queries in 0.0260890 seconds