corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st May 13 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've not lived until you've machine polished your back, sack and crack.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BeetleGav

21st May 13 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha my dog tries that but with the lino floor. Dragging its arse along
CORSA NUT

21st May 13 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I'm happy with the workmanship so far from the lads at Richard Henry, but their organisation skills have got a lot of room for improvement!

Unfortunately not going to be able to coordinate the service work and the remap for my week off next week, so I'm going to drop the car off on Saturday 1st June and then book Wednesday 5th off work. They'll have Saturday/Monday/Tuesday to service, MOT and fit my bits - then I'll go down on Wednesday for the mapping.

That gives me BH Weekend and the week following it to get my summer strip/wash/wax sorted - so hopefully will get a couple of nice days in there somewhere, and will have to ask nicely for the lads to keep oily handprints off

Ordered some DEI Exhaust Heat Wrap so I can wrap up my downpipe and cat pipe while they're off the car. Negligible results I'm sure, but whilst off the car I might aswell. If/When I come to replace my headers and up-pipe they often come pre-wrapped so would be nice to have the full set wrapped up.

PLEASE don't put equal length headers on
BarnshaW

21st May 13 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i switched to equal length headers the noise was even better imo, it absolutely screamed when you nailed it , didnt think i would like it , also i gained about 40 ft pound of torque with equal headers.
Wrighty

21st May 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youl need an extra pair of hands for heatwrapping. get yourself a set of lockwire pliers and wire, and youl need a bottle of water with a spray nozzle to make the whole lot damp when applying it. once its on it dries and the stuff init keeps the heat in sorta thing. sounds daft i know but thats how it works. lockwire every 2 inches down the pipes keeping it tight like a tiger, should be reet
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't planning on equal length headers, more leaning towards ported OEM ones and a matching uppipe. I dont mind the JDM UEL soundtrack though tbh.

That's phase 2 anyway, I was seriously considering going FMIC for this remap but it all felt a bit rushed... Not done enough research yet.

Phase 2 will likely be FMIC, headers/uppipe and possibly Turbo. I will see how much gains I get from this remap and if I'm close to the commonly perceived "cap" of the VF35 then turbo will definitely be part of Phase 2.

Cheers for the pointers Wrighty, I ordered wire n' stuff with the wrap. I found a guide from Harvey which detailed the process (and recommended DEI) so water bottle is on standby!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

21st May 13 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly as wrighty says, wear gloves aswell because its an absolute shit if you get it on your skin.
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know where grime stops and my hands start anymore since fucking around with this car. Need shares in swarfega.

The VX220 post in GC and talk of G forces reminded me to tell a little story...

I followed the bedding in instructions for my new brakes which culminated in 6-10 repetitions of 100-20mph heavy braking. I had to pull over and throw up after the 6th, I think that puts my track day aspirations to bed

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The brakes are excellent though

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go read what i said about a pax ride..
BarnshaW

21st May 13 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea pretty amazing what a decent set of pads and discs can do, I hope the brake tests were being performed on a private road
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
go read what i said about a pax ride..

Providing your interior will wipe down, hopefully I'll take you up on that one day pulling carrot out of a flocked dash would suck

OFC Barnshaw, same private road you filmed your 0-100 on

I really did stomp on it, no threat of wiggle and no fade in the few stops I did. These aren't track pads but the ones I replaced would fade after just a couple of hard stops.

The braided hoses are nice too, input feels more direct.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just let me know.. im up for it whenever as long as its dry.
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where is this 0-100 vid? i wanna see
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was actually 30-100 to be fair

YouTube for "SC38 Billet"

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

21st May 13 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0-100

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzS-Prsd4VI
BarnshaW

21st May 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bad for a 1.5 tonne beast
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats pretty much the same as mine tbh.

best i ever managed pre harrop was 9.9 to 100.
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those clocks fucking suck, I know that much.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

21st May 13 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that they do , I wont mention the fact the week before I sold it i got absolutely blasted by a fiat punto on the motorway, the oldest most stupid looking thing i have seen but on the move it left me for dead, he told me it had 350bhp after, that is the only thing that humiliated me other then a 599 GTO
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent. I've not really had many encounters since buying mine... funny considering how long it's been on axle stands

I was followed onto a sliproad by an FN2 Civic (I used to have one of those) with a great big Mugen wing. That stuck with me scarily well, later found out it was supercharged. Other than that, just my old Boss in a courtesy V10 R8... destroyed me

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

21st May 13 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was reading that thread on scoobynet the other day, and its right about the modern hot hatches now, the golfs, bmw's etc, some of them are coming out now with nigh on 300bhp standard, thats enough to nail most modded imprezas, amazing how things are changing.

anyway back on topic, yes FMIC, billet turbo, bigger injectors and 450bhp, cheers.
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, I just posted in that thread tonight actually. Friend of mine recently got a 265bhp Megane RS thingy. It's superior to a stock STI in pretty much every way... nice yet sporty interior, decent on fuel, quick... but it wheelspins in 3rd gear

I think hot hatches are a long way off until somebody dips the cash into a decent 4x4 system... but I feel when that happens, the hot-hatchback will fall into the BMW/Audi/Merc pricing and nobody will spend 35k on an Astra....

Will they?

/back on topic. My arbitrary goal is 400bhp, no idea why - just a nice round figure to go for. I really want to track it at somepoint, so I can start feeling real gains to the cash I'm spending - but I fear that my OCD approach to aesthetics and track driving are mutually exclusive.

Perhaps when it's paid off I'll lease/PCP a neat little daily driver and this thing can become a "stupid" toy. Let's come back to this on page 100 and see what's going on

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

22nd May 13 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got all my exhaust bits now, so mocked them up on the floor next to the car.

I'm struggling to get my imagination round it somewhat, as my current layout is quite different. My existing downpipe for example is almost vertical and as a result of that, the pipe connecting the centre section with the downpipe is a bit longer than the one pictured below.

For that reason, since I've got a couple of weeks before my remap - I'm going to trial fit it all at the weekend to make sure it's right. If It doesn't go on for whatever reason, I've got time to order another system.

I've cobbled this together from three different classifieds sales, but if all the adverts are to be believed - the parts are all from the same manufacturer... Hayward and Scott.

It should all go together beautifully.... I hope.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

22nd May 13 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks OK to me, downpipe looks exactly as it should? cant go wrong with Hayward and Scott, top quality kit.

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0207560 seconds