corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Dom

User status: Offline
5th Mar 14 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
...SkySports...

Righto

Heard the rumour about Ferrari being down on power but i don't see how you would ever know unless multiple teams were leaking data (highly unlikely)

Few interesting infographics from @White_F1 -

Teams vs Red Flags
KM per Red Flag
Bahrain Testing vs '13 Race

Also, Lotus' Microsoft Dynamics video (clearly what they used their media days on) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IICivQyXIY0

[Edited on 05-03-2014 by Dom]
tom130691
Premium Member

5th Mar 14 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

caterham drivers are 5-1 to get a points finish at the first race
fred7

6th Mar 14 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen bruno senna is on the pundit team at sky sports F1. I dont think it will work myself plus his voice is annoying!
JonnyJ

6th Mar 14 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tobias Gruner just tweeted this.

[Edited on 06-03-2014 by JonnyJ]
djgritt
Premium Member

6th Mar 14 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks
Rick Draper

6th Mar 14 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Williams looks good. I am surprised at the lack of a Mercedes logo on the car though.
nibnob21
Premium Member

6th Mar 14 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great with the martini colours.

MX5 Project Thread
Tiger

6th Mar 14 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ron Dennis tells Sky Sports Lewis Hamilton could return to McLaren & denies falling out with Martin Whitmarsh bit.ly/1g37B9K
JonnyJ

6th Mar 14 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could see Lewis back at Mclaren one day, like Ron said, when they get back to levels they once had. Lewis wants to win WDC's and his best chance of doing that right now are with Merc, not Mclaren.
Ben G

6th Mar 14 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Martini livery looks nice.
jrdn7

6th Mar 14 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Williams livery is class! I hope they go well this year, as unlikely as it seems I wonder could be we see a Williams win in the first half of the season?

Apparently Martini have 3 different liveries for this year for the team, so it'll keep changing!
Rick Draper

7th Mar 14 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very good piece on Dennis and his reclaiming of the leadership of McLaren:

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/feature/5911/why-dennis-reclaimed-unfit-mclaren/

Totally single-minded driven focus:

"The company is unfit and it needs to get fit. There is pain to getting fit. So hopefully people will have the right mindset and that's what it's about: mindset to understand what we expect of each other, and what I expect of them. It takes time.

"You have to give people time to understand what is expected of them and, if they don't get there, then they won't be with the company."

"If we need more brainpower then we will recruit it. We have some great people who have already joined the company, we have great people who are going to join the company, and what we have to do is harness them and get them focused on what that company will now be solely and exclusively about, which is winning."

[Edited on 07-03-2014 by Rick Draper]

Tiger

8th Mar 14 at 05:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I desperately want to see the revival of Williams, I'd be so happy if they made it back into championship contention. Even if they dont finally win it, just to be competetive again.
JonnyJ

8th Mar 14 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Very good piece on Dennis and his reclaiming of the leadership of McLaren:

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/feature/5911/why-dennis-reclaimed-unfit-mclaren/

Totally single-minded driven focus:

"The company is unfit and it needs to get fit. There is pain to getting fit. So hopefully people will have the right mindset and that's what it's about: mindset to understand what we expect of each other, and what I expect of them. It takes time.

"You have to give people time to understand what is expected of them and, if they don't get there, then they won't be with the company."

"If we need more brainpower then we will recruit it. We have some great people who have already joined the company, we have great people who are going to join the company, and what we have to do is harness them and get them focused on what that company will now be solely and exclusively about, which is winning."

He's ruthless and exactly what Mclaren needed after been run like a shambles for the past 3/4 years. Its also why i expect Button to be shown the door should he get outperformed by Mags this season.
Rob_Quads

8th Mar 14 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
I desperately want to see the revival of Williams, I'd be so happy if they made it back into championship contention. Even if they dont finally win it, just to be competetive again.

I also want to see Massa give Ferarri a run for their money. He was doing very well before his accident and towards the end of last year (after essentially being sacked) he really started to do really well. He put everything he could into Ferarri, trying to help Alonso with tows, moving out the way etc for no reward.
Ben G

10th Mar 14 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems you may now be able to get away with doing donuts now. They've changed the rules slightly to allow it, providing it's safe and doesn't delay the podium ceremony.

Not bad.
JonnyJ

10th Mar 14 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be surprised if any team allows it with the fragility of these engines and the fuel allowances though.

Anyone watch the documentary on Sky Atlantic last night on Ferrari, Horse Power. Was a very good watch.
Dom

10th Mar 14 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
I'll be surprised if any team allows it with the fragility of these engines....

Likewise; it seems a lot of teams are worried they might not complete race distance* so they probably want all the engines they can get their hands on rather than writing them off doing doughnuts

*Certainly the case with one team who, after speaking to someone that works there, haven't got the slightest clue to what's going to happen after half-race distance next week; although fire appears to be quite high up their list

Edit - On another note, anyone doing fantasy F1 this season?
I've just signed up to fantasyracing.hiltonhhonors.com with another forum, looks like a decent Fantasy site.

Also looks like it could be a wet race on Sunday which could make things interesting

[Edited on 10-03-2014 by Dom]
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Mar 14 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A fella at work does F1 Predictions, £1 entry per race and then prizes at the end of season and for the weekly winner. I think he's into his 19th season of doing it

The scoring works really well though, you have to predict the top 8 each race, along with fastest lap, pole and a spot question. Guessing the 8th position right is worth more points than guessing the winner, mainly thanks to the Schui years

If anyone wants to enter, U2U me your e-mail address and I'll send you the info. If you sign up, you're in for the season - so £19, but if you don't suck you should make that back in prizes

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rob_Quads

10th Mar 14 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was speaking with a few retires at work and one of them had a son who works at Renault. He was saying how within the teams they think there may well be less than 10 cars finish and that the Lotus dual nose design was indeed the best for aero.

Not long to wait now
JonnyJ

10th Mar 14 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw someone tweeting Gruner asking if Merc has passed the crash test on a new nose design, wonder if they will turn up in Aus with something new?
Jamie-C

10th Mar 14 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is skysports f1 still available as part of the sky hd package?
Ben G

10th Mar 14 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only of you got hd before they cut it out , the cunts fucked me right over on that. Wankers.

Can't wait until January, out of my broadband contract and cancelling.
JonnyJ

12th Mar 14 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mclaren livery for Aus

Suits the team to a tee. Boring.
JonnyJ

13th Mar 14 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/neue-nase-aufgeschoben-mercedes-faellt-durch-crashtest-8192723.html

If you can read google translated German few bits of cool info here. Merc bringing a new front wing and engine cover to Aus, expected to bring 2 tenths a lap but failed a crash test on a new nose design, so that wont be coming.

quote:
Poorly translated German
How times change. Red Bull operates in the season opener in Melbourne groundwork. We would be happy if Renault has its problems solved so far that you come regularly to drive. Mercedes is already one step ahead. In the crates, a new front wing and a close-fitting engine cowling were packed. Chief designer Aldo Costa announced: "With the new wing we went an extreme way." On Thursday, the wing remained well hidden.

Also there been a bit of controversy over Ferrari's turbo as it doesnt have a shield to stop bits flying everywhere should it fail, arguing that the casing is strong enough itself, but after complaints from Renualt and Merc it seems they are going to voluntarily put a shield on, adding 3kg, but it will only come in after a few races.

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0204120 seconds