corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  208    209    210    211    212    213    214  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Jan 11 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
not me, shameless is on at 10pm

sky+
Ant B

10th Jan 11 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not its no fun with the sport tyres on i get no grip atall and just spiin,with racing hards its grips really well,
what was the reason sport tyres were chose
chris_uk
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ant B
im not its no fun with the sport tyres on i get no grip atall and just spiin,with racing hards its grips really well,
what was the reason sport tyres were chose

we decided on them because the cars feel better with them on and it takes some skill to actually drive with them on, not as much as comfort tyres, softs let you get away with slightly more but the racing tyres just feel too grippy.
webbo_23

10th Jan 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:
Originally posted by webbo_23
lol whats this blame webbo day? I did not hit as many people as u make out i did....i hit 2, maybe 3 people accidentally, and gave a few nudges out if i was nudged

Next week ill not touch anyone, move out of the way for people, and basically go really slow so u cant complain.....and i guarantee someone will still complain that i crashed into them

Half the time its your lot being as bad as me.....and u no it

I dont think its blame webbo day. You was seen to deliberatly hit people. You even admit it yourself, by saying you gave out nudges you was given.

The nudges you were given were probably accidental, and by you then nudging them back have got yourself a bad name.

I dont want to see anyone get banned from racing with us, its a fun nights racing, and unless you have other groups you race with, you will not get a decent big race with decent people.

However, if people are going to deliberatly nudge each other, i cannot see the point in having them play, as it spoils it.

I think you probably realise your mistakes, take it on board, and dont go out of your way to nudge people, and enjoy the racing every week

Taken it on board already....i appologised yesterday as i see my mistake....was a bit too aggressive

AK

10th Jan 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ant - use the R2 button for accelerator. It gives much much more adjustment over the limited travel X button
Ant B

10th Jan 11 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i didnt no you could i will try that
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use the r2 button for accelerator and r1 for the brake, it makes it far more manageable in delivery of both
webbo_23

10th Jan 11 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im fine with that track i like it and done 25 laps on it today but offline to run my car in,but online it just has no grip at all

Now im guessing that is because when you play offline, you have all the aids on, like traction control, abs, skid recovery, active steer etc

All of there are turned off when we drive online.....you just need to practice with the aids off mate

Also have you got the customisable springs? There were some settings posted in this thread the other day to start you off
chris_uk
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went through his setup online before the race and its setup fine.
Mike GSi

10th Jan 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill be on after eastenders lol
AK

10th Jan 11 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need to play around with the setups... I find the setup I have (not even sure what it is, but it'll be based on the values chris gave a few weeks back). Seems to understeer a lot
chris_uk
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
i need to play around with the setups... I find the setup I have (not even sure what it is, but it'll be based on the values chris gave a few weeks back). Seems to understeer a lot

yup, its supposed to
Ant B

10th Jan 11 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no you didnt you did on my old mx5 but not the new one i raced with
webbo_23

10th Jan 11 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no you didnt you did on my old mx5 but not the new one i raced with

That might me why then mate....if you try the one chris set up for you then you might find it drives a bit better

To be honest the first time i took my mx5 out it was shocking, but got it set up alright this time, and we going ok for a while until i came into some bother lol
Ant B

10th Jan 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i dont wont use the other one as its the slower vershiona and ive supercharged it anyway.
i need to send my car to someone who is kind enought to set it up and test it then send it back ive bought all the bits
Jamie-C

10th Jan 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 hours and 213 laps later of Tsukuba my MX5 now has 340 miles and 202bhp

I got a bit bored out there and had a huge lead, so decided to do a few tests as I had heard that fuel simulation wasn't actually in the game.

My lap times during the race were about 1 minute 4s and 1 minute 5s on fresh tyres. So when my fuel got really low I put fresh tyres on, lap times were still 1 minute 5s, so pitted again, full tank and fresh tyres, and my lap times were still 1 minute 5s!

So yea, it seems fuel simulation is no such thing in GT5 , bit disappointing really.
Dan
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How muchxp and ££ u get for that jamie

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Ant B

10th Jan 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mazda has 200bhp at the moment,that sounds good jamie i carnt wait till i unlock it
Jamie-C

10th Jan 11 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
How muchxp and ££ u get for that jamie

It was only something like 150,000CR ffs , and the prize car was a stupid '69 Mazda Cosmo thing
Jamie-C

10th Jan 11 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It give quite alot of XP though, can't remember how much though
AK

10th Jan 11 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll give it a bash when I get some time and free space to drive

Last night severe crash damage was a result of having a dog under my brakes Doh
AK

10th Jan 11 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chris_uk
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes a podgy bastard!
AK

10th Jan 11 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

big boned!

chris_uk
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love puppies..

i want another one.

<<  208    209    210    211    212    213    214  >>

New Poll