corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 Race Sunday 24th July - RM'd NSX at Suzuka

New Poll
  <<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 Race Sunday 24th July - RM'd NSX at Suzuka
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
15th Aug 11 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres 2 straights at the ring, 1 has a slight kink mind.

I'm game, as long as we can use RS's
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Aug 11 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RS's are completley out of the question..RH's max
Eddx14xe

15th Aug 11 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll join you lot at the 'ring if you do it.
Paul_J

15th Aug 11 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let him use the RS's if he wants? surely they'll burn up after half a lap anyway?

If you can do 2 laps on RH - I think you could beat someone on RS anyway... that has to pit each lap.

- I'm up for the ring GT500 race.
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th Aug 11 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could probably do that but not for 60 minutes. Especially if we're starting at 9pm. 8pm and you've got a winner - Top Gear is just repeats now anyway.

Was good racing Sausage and co in Cunningham's touring car races the other day I would have had a chance for 1st if I didn't keep pushing too hard and making silly mistakes Didn't appreciate being accused of purposefully ramming Cunningham's mate off the track though - he needs to watch his mouth and tone it down a bit.

Either way, pitting was crucial as my tyres were below a quarter left at the end of 15 laps without pitting

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Aug 11 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im pretty sure i did some testing a couple of patches ago and i got these results

RH, RM and RS all have the same wear propperties (or fractionally different) but RS's are much gripper than RH & RM meaning they are the tyre of choice.
cunningham

15th Aug 11 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
I could probably do that but not for 60 minutes. Especially if we're starting at 9pm. 8pm and you've got a winner - Top Gear is just repeats now anyway.

Was good racing Sausage and co in Cunningham's touring car races the other day I would have had a chance for 1st if I didn't keep pushing too hard and making silly mistakes Didn't appreciate being accused of purposefully ramming Cunningham's mate off the track though - he needs to watch his mouth and tone it down a bit.

Either way, pitting was crucial as my tyres were below a quarter left at the end of 15 laps without pitting

Yeh don't worry I don't think he is very good and won't be getting invited again mate.

Very good racing with boost on low people don't drop out after a spin as a lap later and you have caught them back up and positions change alot with very clean drivers not hitting the back as they go into corners
SportBoy

16th Aug 11 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ring
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Aug 11 at 08:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so thats settled then..

the ring - 8 laps (or an equvilant of an hour)
Paul_J

16th Aug 11 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RH's then?

time cycles?
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Aug 11 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinking changing weather but fixed time. tyres id say any this time since its at the ring and could rain.
Daveskater
Premium Member

16th Aug 11 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
quote:

Yeh don't worry I don't think he is very good and won't be getting invited again mate.

Very good racing with boost on low people don't drop out after a spin as a lap later and you have caught them back up and positions change alot with very clean drivers not hitting the back as they go into corners
Cool, I didn't think he was doing that well myself either tbh. Did wonder how I managed to catch up after a big off and then be challenging for 1st again Didn't realise the boost was on - I was thinking I was lapping faster than Sausage Deception.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
spencer88

16th Aug 11 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who will be hosting?
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Aug 11 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know, whoever has the best connection at the time.
Jamie-C

16th Aug 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You not going to be there Chris?

I've hardwired my PS3 now, 20mb line straight to it , connection seems to be a lot more solid now
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Aug 11 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill be there, if someone has a better connection than mine they need to host.
Jamie-C

16th Aug 11 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your connection is spot on, not experienced any problems in the room?
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Aug 11 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do have a 50mb line which probably is the reason for that,

anyway im off on GT5 to test out these tyres/cars
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Aug 11 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feel free to join
SportBoy

16th Aug 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Cool, I didn't think he was doing that well myself either tbh. Did wonder how I managed to catch up after a big off and then be challenging for 1st again Didn't realise the boost was on - I was thinking I was lapping faster than Sausage Deception.

i didnt realise it was on allso but had my suspicions .. you were catching me on old tyres and i was on quite fresh ones as i had pitted ... cant say i like boost .. you get the lead then cant make any progress then on. .. was fun tho but i assume cunninghams mate was in the other red alfa? .. cvnt started to block me delibrately at one point

[Edited on 16-08-2011 by SportBoy]
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Aug 11 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RH's last a little longer than the RS's but on such a long track they kinda run out half way round the track then become undrivable.. probably best to stick with RS's and just get the fast laps in and change ever 2 laps.
Daveskater
Premium Member

17th Aug 11 at 07:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
ill be there, if someone has a better connection than mine they need to host.
Only NASA has a better connection than you mate

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Daveskater
Premium Member

17th Aug 11 at 07:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
quote:
quote:
quote:

i didnt realise it was on allso but had my suspicions .. you were catching me on old tyres and i was on quite fresh ones as i had pitted ... cant say i like boost .. you get the lead then cant make any progress then on. .. was fun tho but i assume cunninghams mate was in the other red alfa? .. cvnt started to block me delibrately at one point

[Edited on 16-08-2011 by SportBoy]
Hadn't realised you pitted That would explain why you and Cunningham were still battling it out and I was struggling to keep up

Yeah that was the guy, I had just hit the grass so had dirty tyres, slid into the guy which then knocked him off, apparently that means I'm a dirty driver

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
spencer88

17th Aug 11 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need you gys to add me.

Also, my work is getting a 100mb uncontested line, when they do, I am bringing the PS3 to work.
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Aug 11 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you havent added me so until you do i cant accept.

gtp_chrisr1984

<<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >>

New Poll