corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread

New Poll
  <<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th May 13 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just wish Bernie Ecclestone would get shipped off to a home
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

11th May 13 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hell of a Q2 lap from Lewis! Nice to see out qualified by his team mate! Surprised after practice that wasn't a Lotus or Ferrari on pole.

Should make for a good race!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
JonnyJ

11th May 13 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perez 9th, Jensloth 14th, World class driver my arse

Lovely little 1/2 for Merc, Rosberg is seriously impressive. Cant see a win for them, but lets hope it doesnt end up like Bahrain. Ferrari were well off it but expect them to start and race well.
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th May 13 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be interesting to see how Merc can survive the first few laps with two of them out front. Assuming Nico gets to T1 first, I'd have though Hamilton could at least buy him a couple of tenths through the first lap to possibly get out of DRS range in time.

It could be complete slaughter though if the same as Bahrain, I really hope Merc have found some performance whilst running fat.

Speaking of Fat... Button

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

11th May 13 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is quite quiet this season, where are some of the regulars from last year? Guessing its just a coincidence the Jenson/Mclaren fan boys have forgotten this thread exists?
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 13 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lazenby is fucking ace

Last year I pissed myself because he said to N Lauda "Ah, here's a man who's always got his ear to the ground" and today he said "Maria De Villota must have been in a really dark place when she lost her eye"

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

12th May 13 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th May 13 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonso & Massa doing well! Mercs hit reverse on hard tyres.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Cavey

12th May 13 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No point Mercedes qualifying well really, may as well try to balance out the car and be able to drive in the race.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th May 13 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keeps the Lewis fans excited for 1st 5 laps!

Ben G

12th May 13 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

''i've been overtaken by a williams''

Feel for rosberg and lewis, but it's the teams fault, not theirs.

Will be great for alonso to win this one.
Ben G

12th May 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And now we hear why they're so slow

''i can't drive any slower''

Massive merc have to many cooks in the kitchen I feel.
Ben G

12th May 13 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone cheering because vettel got overtaken love it.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th May 13 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fernando!!!!!!

Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 13 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, Merc massacre worse than expected! Alonso deserved that though, had it under control from start to finish.

Putting my Hamilton fanboy to one side for a few minutes, these tyres need burning. I think we're on five delaminations now in three races...these tyres are just not fit for purpose, how long before somebody loses a tyre at full chat around a corner like 180R or Turkey T9?! Will it take a serious injury before things are addressed or a hit profile retirement such as race leader on last lap!?

Delaminations aside, the cockpit camera views were just embarrassing today... The cars looked utterly pedestrian and seeing people like Vettel and Hamilton just pulling over is a crime to the sport.

There's no way I can sound not biased based on my Hamilton obsession, but my hatred for the Pirellis is certainly deeper than just bitterness.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

12th May 13 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all it's doing is ruining pirelli's already pretty shit reputation, all whilst they're piling millions into sponsorship and development.

surely they don't want the bad press?

raikonnen's on board camera shot on the hard tyres between 5-6-7-8 iirc felt and was ridiculously slow compared to what he should/can do. it's just not on and pretty boring.
Ben G

12th May 13 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, usually i don't play about on my phone whilst the f1 is on, but today i did, it was just mundane.
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 13 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
also, usually i don't play about on my phone whilst the f1 is on, but today i did, it was just mundane.

That sums up my race too, had iPad on all the way through...and NOT live timings either

Even got a phone call with 5 laps to go and didn't even pause it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jamie-C

12th May 13 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
This thread is quite quiet this season, where are some of the regulars from last year? Guessing its just a coincidence the Jenson/Mclaren fan boys have forgotten this thread exists?
Because F1 is shit this year , the last few years I've watched every race from start to finish, this year I don't think I've sat through 1 race yet

No one races now, it's just tyre management from start to finish
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th May 13 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonso called to stewards for collecting a Spanish flag after race.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th May 13 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No further action!!! Thank feck!

JonnyJ

12th May 13 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awful race. Plus what Kyle said.
JonnyJ

13th May 13 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going back to the tyres...

Its tough for Pirelli. I can see where they are coming from when they say "do you just want us to give us tyres to giv RB the championship", but, it should be the fastest car that wins it overall. At the minute thats RB and Merc. Its a bit silly that a team can put it 1/2 on the grid in quali but almost slip out of the points in the race.

You can argue that everyone has the same tyres, so the car that handles them best IS the fastest car but when you look at the cars driving round, you can tell they arent pushing them, and that isnt right. You spend years trying to find extra downforce here and there to make your car faster on the track and end up not even using it to its full potential.

One of the best races we had all season, last season was Texas, when Lewis and Seb spent all race, literally on the absolute limit, that was awesome to watch, and it was brought about by an extremely conservative tyre choice that enabled both guys to push.

They need to find a happy medium IMO. 2 stops is perfect, so make your hard tyre more durable and pick conservatively for the rest of the races.
Daveskater
Premium Member

13th May 13 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
One of the best races we had all season, last season was Texas, when Lewis and Seb spent all race, literally on the absolute limit, that was awesome to watch, and it was brought about by an extremely conservative tyre choice that enabled both guys to push.
You're quite right, I can't disagree there. Pirelli really can't seem to get it right though - they were brought in to bring about a change from the Bridgestones, but everyone is moaning about that change. Ultimately it needs someone at the top to pull it together, say "we want the tyres to do two stops but be able to go flat out the whole time" or "we want high degredation tyres with three stops" and the teams are just going to have to go with it. Obviously as you say, they would prefer the first option as they want to be driving the car as fast as possible, which makes it more exciting for us, but the flip side to that is that we will probably go back to predictability of RB running away with the title with Merc and Ferrari fighting it out for second.

There's really no win/win situation. Exciting racing = RB (most likely to) win. Tyre strategy racing = unpredictability, but slower driving.

Sounds like Mateschitz had a go at Bernie because of it after the race - http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/07586

"Mateschitz claims his team is being severly disadvantaged by the high wearing tyres which is forcing his drivers to lap slower than they ultimately could to save rubber." Tbf everyone is in that position, so it's just who can manage it the best.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th May 13 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The teams can't be happy, they're spending MILLIONS on tenths - and Pirelli come along and knock 10 seconds a lap off the cars, it's fucking ridiculous.

The qualifying hour is quickly becoming the most entertaining part of the weekend for now, and even that's diluted by a lack of desire to go out on track.

I love F1 first, then love Lewis Hamilton second I love seeing the cars from the T-Cam getting it absolutely right, and we're just not seeing that in the races anymore.

I'd have been embarrassed to have been sat with a non-F1 fan on Sunday, the cars looks slow awkward and delicate.

I appreciate the chemistry is complex, but what Pirelli (I guess) are ultimately aiming to achieve just clearly isn't realistic. What they want are two strategies (2 vs 3 stops for example) which are roughly the same race time, which they're kinda doing - but the tyres should be CONSISTENT up until their wear threshold, then fall off a cliff. Softs only doing 10 laps would be fine if the car could do 10 qualifying laps followed by a 2 lap decline followed by a cliff for example.

What we're getting instead is a soft tyre that does 10 laps, but loses 2 seconds per lap every lap... bonkers.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0267880 seconds