corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Official: Playstation 4 Topic

New Poll
  <<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official: Playstation 4 Topic
taty

User status: Offline
5th Dec 13 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
Mine's coming on December the 6th... just the console, no games. I'm actually not even going to bother opening it yet as still have GTA V to finish! If anyone wants mine for £400 you can have it if you don't wanna wait around FYI both Amazon and Game have said there won't be any more released from them this year if not already ordered.

cex are buying them for £400
Steve
Premium Member

7th Dec 13 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Completed BF Campaing, rocking up the Team Deathmatch now, highest kills so far, 13
Mattb

7th Dec 13 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alledgedly they are bringing back Metro.. no doubt we will see a return of 1750 ticket matches can see well over 100 kills on one of those
Steve
Premium Member

8th Dec 13 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone played injustice gods among us?
Balling
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is here.

Now I just need to find a replacement for that huge ass British spec power cord.

Aleex

9th Dec 13 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

joined barnshaw's game yesterday for a bit and saw a few familiar names haha.

you all chat in a seperate party i take it ?
BarnshaW

9th Dec 13 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in a party chat mate, feel free to jump in if you want!
Liam-Wilko

9th Dec 13 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it still the old team that play on the new COD like BranshaW?
BarnshaW

9th Dec 13 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have been calling me branshaw for about 4 years now, pack it in.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liam-Wilko

9th Dec 13 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
you have been calling me branshaw for about 4 years now, pack it in.

kz

9th Dec 13 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sold mine for £460 lol... insane. Oh well I'll buy another one next year when they add 4oD and USB storage support!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you actual name was Branshaw.

I've been calling you Barnshaw to take the piss
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I suggest anyone playing bf4 change their audio to war tapes. It's awesome.
p

9th Dec 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
Just sold mine for £460 lol... insane. Oh well I'll buy another one next year when they add 4oD and USB storage support!

Insane? That's the least amount you should be getting when I imagine buying them in the shops right now is nigh on impossible.
Liam-Wilko

9th Dec 13 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
I thought you actual name was Branshaw.

I've been calling you Barnshaw to take the piss

When I get onto PSN i can see me getting some stick for this
p

9th Dec 13 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone on here given a quick overview on the console in general? If not can they...
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you wish to know
p

9th Dec 13 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
What do you wish to know

Well how good is it thus far? Obviously the heavy hitting mind blowing games I imagine won't be out for a while which will really showcase the machine, but how much better is it than the 3 etc
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can only comment on it against a 360 but iv been impressed so far, bf4 is awesome but then it's really just a port, iv yet to witness dedicated software running on it.

The controllers are 100 percent better than previous Ps controllers and the interface is decent.
cunningham

9th Dec 13 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got mine last week from game i was phase 2 and they had hundreds in. I suspect there drip feeding them to keep demand high.

BF4 is awesome need to get a game with you barnshaw. I think im on your battle log
cunningham

9th Dec 13 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW i do you get the map up on BF4 without using a tablet?
Balling
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
Has anyone on here given a quick overview on the console in general? If not can they...
Well, after some 5 hours tonight here are my preliminary thoughts.

Setup was swift and fairly smooth.
For some reason it wouldn't work with the HDMI cable from my PS3 and I had to use the bundled one. Not sure what that's all about, but it's certainly a bit of a PITA.

UI seems decent. Extremely smooth and easy to navigate.
Multitasking means it's possible to actually change settings, manage downloads and do just about anything without quitting your game.
There is one strange thing, which is installed games apparently being thrown in to the UI at random. Not seing any pattern so far with three installed games, but I'm hoping one appears as I start to add to the collection or things will get messy pretty fast.

Servers have certainly been taken up a notch. Downloading updates and games has never been so fast on a PS before.

Loving the feel of the DS4. Fits perfectly in my hands. Never had an issue with the DS3 controller, but picking one up now it feels flimsy and awkward.

Wanted to share a screenshot, but as I don't have Facebook and didn't want to go through Twitter I'm fresh out of options.
For all the fuss they've made about the sharing capabilities, I'm sad to find what they meant was "Facebook capabilities". I don't do Facebook and never will. Why not allow me to use my PSN ID? Weird.

Default sound output is PCM which meant no surround until I had that changed to DTS. Bizarre, but exactly the same as my Sony Blu Ray player.

Wish I could change the default background colour from blue.

Camera seems very capable and facial login has worked flawless each time I've used it.

The Wii like keyboard input is very, very good. Best input method I've tried for a non-touch device with on screen keyboard.

Might be a few things I've missed, will add to it later, but those are my thoughts so far.

Balling
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for games, only tried Resogun and Killzone so far.

Killzone looks insanely good. The first forrest level is just packed with detail and everything looks so alive.
Gameplay wise I've not played more than the first level, but had a lot of fun doing it.
By use of the touch panel they've effectively added four additional buttons to the controller and put them to good use. It's intuitive and feels natural to use. Can only hope more developers start utilising this feature.

KZ multiplayer is something I can see myself spending a lot of time on. Lots of customisation options right from the start, which is a nice change from the slow unlock progression of lots of shooters.

kz

9th Dec 13 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
Originally posted by kz

Insane? That's the least amount you should be getting when I imagine buying them in the shops right now is nigh on impossible.

I just can't believe people would pay over a hundred more than it's worth because they cba waiting... certainly something I'd never do.

Oh and this morning they were available from ASDA at the normal price lol. Did sell out in a few hours mind.

<<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >>

New Poll