corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread

New Poll
  <<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official 2016 F1 Thread
Ben G

User status: Offline
29th Jul 16 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All radio comms?
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Jul 16 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
All radio comms?

The only restrictions that remain are for the formation lap, so no clutch/bite/launch assistance will be available to the drivers.

“At the request of the Teams and Commercial Rights Holder, the FIA has agreed to adopt a more liberal approach to the interpretations of Article 27.1 (that a driver must drive the car “alone and unaided”).

“With the exception of the period between the start of the formation lap and the start of the race, there will be no limitations on messages teams send to their drivers either by radio or pit board.

“This approach is aimed at providing improved content for fans and spectators, as teams will now be required to provide the Commercial Rights Holder with unrestricted access to their radio messages at all times that their cars are out of the garage.”

Drivers will still not be able to receive instructions over clutch controls at the start, as per regulations introduced from the 2015 Belgian Grand Prix.

quote:

“At the request of the Teams and Commercial Rights Holder, the FIA has agreed to adopt a more liberal approach to the interpretations of Article 27.1 (that a driver must drive the car “alone and unaided”).

“With the exception of the period between the start of the formation lap and the start of the race, there will be no limitations on messages teams send to their drivers either by radio or pit board."

“This approach is aimed at providing improved content for fans and spectators, as teams will now be required to provide the Commercial Rights Holder with unrestricted access to their radio messages at all times that their cars are out of the garage.”

Drivers will still not be able to receive instructions over clutch controls at the start, as per regulations introduced from the 2015 Belgian Grand Prix.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

29th Jul 16 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally!

Though something tells me this has only happened because everyone favourite driver, Button had his problems last weekend.

If it was any other driver in one of the shitbox motors, no one would've batted an eyelid.
whitter45

30th Jul 16 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great news

Should remove penalties that were applied this year although some were taken in the race so i guess that's hard to do
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jul 16 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No they shouldnt.

Does that mean they retrospectively should go back and change everything when rules change.

Didn't see you asking them to go back and apply penalties when the rule was brought in. Can't have it one way just to suit an agenda
nibnob21
Premium Member

30th Jul 16 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think some restrictions should apply, ie when Nico gets so much detail about what Hamilton is doing, it can get a bit daft. But when it comes to their own cars the engineers should be free to help.

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

30th Jul 16 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just allow all communications. Ultimately, it's up to the driver to find the time on the track.

An engineer can tell them to do this and do that, but he's in the safety of a pit garage and not in the car.

[Edited on 30-07-2016 by Ben G]
Ben G

30th Jul 16 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked like Lewis just blew Pole... He really needs to start sorting out these locking up.problems he always has.
Tiger

30th Jul 16 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Looked like Lewis just blew Pole... He really needs to start sorting out these locking up.problems he always has.

The lock up that he denied cost him any time in post quali press conference

Getting a bit bored of these elastic rules all the time. Track limits, comms, it's just whatever they fancy enforcing or turning a blind eye too all this season. So inconsistent, miss one race and you'll probably miss a whole load of overturned decisions, bent rules and whatever else. It's become more about the rules than the racing.
whitter45

30th Jul 16 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
No they shouldnt.

Does that mean they retrospectively should go back and change everything when rules change.

Didn't see you asking them to go back and apply penalties when the rule was brought in. Can't have it one way just to suit an agenda

Alright Steve, have a minute. Fair point it was just a suggestion lol
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jul 16 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm quite an angry man
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jul 16 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lolsberg
Ben G

1st Aug 16 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next one should be interesting. Double engine change for Lewis by the sounds of it.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 16 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will it be a x amount grid penalty or just straight up start from the back of the grid. If the latter whats the point in partaking in qualifying
Ellis

1st Aug 16 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's his first time taking a 5th controlled element it will be a 10 place grid penalty.

ETA - that's assuming they don't need to take a 5th of any other element in the process e.g. MGU-H which I believe he has already used a number of this season.

[Edited on 01-08-2016 by Ellis]
Ben G

1st Aug 16 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure it'll be a start from the Pit lane scenario. Especially with the engine change.

Steve, I doubt they'll take part in qualifying, though the rules state you must set a time within 107% of the fastest to be able to race, else you need to ask for permission to take part on Sunday.

Either way, taking it in spa/monza allows for plenty of overtaking opportunities. That, aswell as the fortuitous points gap between Lewis and Nico yesterday, means it won't give Nico as massive a point swing as he would've hoped.

Nico titled his Facebook live feed yesterday as 'crap race'. That says it all

[Edited on 01-08-2016 by Ben G]
Ellis

1st Aug 16 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm pretty sure it'll be a start from the Pit lane scenario. Especially with the engine change.

What makes you think that Ben? Just curious, I may be missing something.
Ben G

1st Aug 16 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toto Wolff suggested they'll take 2 engine changes at the next race, plus all the parts that go with it.

That tells me they're thinking about not bothering to qualify and just asking for permission to race.

[Edited on 01-08-2016 by Ben G]
Ellis

1st Aug 16 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 2nd engine wouldn't receive any penalties until it is running and the GPS indicates it has left the pit lane. Taking an additional engine into the proverbial 'pool' doesn't have an impact until it is actually used AFAIK.
tom130691
Premium Member

1st Aug 16 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
A 2nd engine wouldn't receive any penalties until it is running and the GPS indicates it has left the pit lane. Taking an additional engine into the proverbial 'pool' doesn't have an impact until it is actually used AFAIK.

Id expect they run them both in the same weekend. to avoid any further penalties down the line
Ellis

1st Aug 16 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Valid point. Strategic decision to be made, 10 or 20 place grid penalty assuming no other components exceed 4 in the process.

Regardless, Lewis starting further back or pit lane at Spa will be worth watching.
whitter45

1st Aug 16 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree - should make it interesting

I didn't see the race as I was traveling from London int he car but it sounded really boring on Radio 5
Ellis

1st Aug 16 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't help but sense a lack of urgency from the whole paddock. The F1 travelling circus desperately needs the month off now to recuperate.
Rob_Quads

2nd Aug 16 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I expect they will put a new engine in for P1 & P2 and then put another new engine in for P3 and Quali. Then he has his 2 engines and will just start from the back of the grid.

With the power advantage they have I would expect that at Spa within 5 laps Hamilton would be back up to 10th probably meaning if he managed to get to 4/5th by the end of the race that would be a very good effort considering he then has 2 fresh engines to play with (and may even then be in a better position than Rosberg engine wise!)
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Aug 16 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got fucked with highlights again for the German GP

Was away with the wife for our first anniversary, hotel didn't have Sky so we settled on watching the Ch4 highlights show at 6pm. Got into the room at 17:50, switched on TV at 17:58 to see CH4 news playing a clip of Lewis crossing the finish line (which I first assumed was a replay from the last race at the start of the highlights show), but then it moved onto Nico's run in with Max and the podium photo All of this seconds before the highlights show started, unbelievable.

I'll give CH4 benefit of the doubt and assume they issued a spoiler warning at 17:57 but if not, bloody piss poor broadcasting.

Not much to say on the race that hasn't already been said. Rosbergs Penalty It was pretty much a carbon copy of the collision in Austria with Lewis (though without contact, obviously) so he really needs to tidy up his racecraft or at least that particular maneuver. When Lewis/Danny Ric/Any other decent driver) pulls their "run him out of room" move, it's always on exit of the corner - they don't just drive in a straight line 90degrees to the apex. He needs to be turning in and then just letting the car wash out wide as if the other guy isn't there rather than this piss poor attempt at parking the bus.

Can't believe Lewis is 19points in front, would not have bet a penny on that back in Spain.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0248539 seconds