corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ed's Corsa B - Updated 05-06-2010 - P49

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ed's Corsa B - Updated 05-06-2010 - P49
Jambo

User status: Offline
14th Apr 07 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You paint it yet?

I want pics ed
STEvieXE

15th Apr 07 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think our paint scheme is glasurit in work. def was in one of the last places i worked in.. 95 % sure it is in my current work..
ed

15th Apr 07 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we used Glasurit on SteveW's car. That was way shiney, but a pain in the arse to keep swirl free because of that...

Anyway, pics in 5 mins, we have been going mental on the underside of it over the last few days I can't wait to get this car done, it's going to be fucking CLEAN as!

[Edited on 15-04-2007 by ed]
Marc

15th Apr 07 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooooooooh.
ed

15th Apr 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had some spare time the other night... Felt like doing a bit of spraying

Boot floor needed smoothing off as the spare wheel well needed cutting off...

Front chassis legs needed plating as pernormal on most Corsa's of this age as the first skin of metal had got a bit of rot.

Arches needed sealing in. Shit pic, but you get the idea...

The engine bay needed a bit of a tidy up before it got painted and the front crossmember was stripped because of rust removal. We're going to underseal the front crossmember because they always go rotten...

Then the worst job in the word ever. I would rather clean toilets than have to do this again. The whole undersite of the car needed all the rust ground off of it with a Scotch Wheel and then cleaned with gunwash. For those of you who have never sniffed gunwash, don't. Once it was clean Tom bag sealed it all up. Ran out of bag seal though, we had 5 bags, but needed 7. Will finish the job off tomorrow and then do the stonechip on top...

There was a dent on the exhaust tunnel from when people were getting into the bacl seats e.t.c... Welded over it to get it flat.

Tom painted the engine bay up too today...

Sexy man and his sexy Nova

Marc

15th Apr 07 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you srpayed engine bay, was bugging me being red!
ed

15th Apr 07 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me too... It was annoying having a white black and red engine bay

Those eagle eyed viewers out there will also notice that nearly all of te studding has been cut off the engine bay
STEvieXE

15th Apr 07 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the studding edd???

meaning the studs on the chassis legs?? threaded bolts??

car looks great. told you it was fun cleaning the underside lol

did u use waterbased stonechip on it?? i used usual stonechip and it kept on reacting with me, was such a nitemare, had to keep cleaning it all off untill i got it rite. redone it about 3 times til it was rite.

so the engine bay is gonna be white then ??

looks brillant.. ius that orange the colour of the car??
ed

15th Apr 07 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na, the weld studs on the bulk head that you always slice your knuckles on when reaching down the back of the engine for something. They have crappy plastic fittings and things that are used to clip fuel and brake lines and bits of wiring. I'm getting some nice stainless steel P clips to replace them with that will just pop rivet onto the bulkhead instead.

That orange (I guess you mean the fuel tank) is just oxide primer to cover the rust over on the fuel tank. Still need to paint that up silver. Only spraying Hammerite onto it to stop rust and keep things tidy.

I think I might keep the actual colour of the car a secret until it is all done. It's nothing fancy like the chrome or the metallic stuff I originally wanted, but it's going to be really cool I think. In fact, you can see where the colour came from on something in one of the pics
ed

15th Apr 07 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for the stonechip, we have't done it yet. I'm going to buy it tomorrow morning with Tom. What sort did you have issues with so we don't get the bad stuff?
Andy Stocker

15th Apr 07 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that nova door a diff colour or been resprayed seperately at some point?
Mattb

15th Apr 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, its a pretty much a flip paint and the way the suns caught it andy
ed

15th Apr 07 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wierd that. It's just the pic though, the door is probably at a slightly different angle to the rest of the car... Looks fine in the flesh
Andy Stocker

15th Apr 07 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
no, its a pretty much a flip paint and the way the suns caught it andy

I only ask as someone commented on my old corsa Whether the door had been resprayed. As it happened it had been resprayed, but I couldn't tell the difference
STEvieXE

15th Apr 07 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think it was tetrolysol.

i used this other stuff first amnd it was shite. didnt go on nice. so got the tetrolysol stuff and used it on top, then it reacted. then i cleaned it bare again.

then i used it and it reacted again..

think it was a combination of me being to impatient and putting it on too heavy, not enough heat in the garage and maybe not enough flash off time etc etc. in the end i kept the heater on constant and put on the lightest coat each time allowing like a day or something between coats. just my inexperience probably of that type of thing. im sure tom will have no issues with it...

why keep the colour a secret???
ed

15th Apr 07 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn, that sound slike a pain in the arse. Cleaning the floor was bad enough once, let alone having to keep on re-doing it

Want to keep the colour a secret because it will be a nice supprise for everyone when it's all done because I think the finished article with all the parts on it painted and powdercoated will all work really well together...
Tomnova16
Premium Member

15th Apr 07 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the stonechip we will be using is tetrosol waterbase as the solvent one does react, doesn't sit properly and can peel off after time, the bag sealer is a stronger compound as it is mixed with a hardener so it dries solid in a few hours, just better stuff to use on vital joins and in wheel arches, a it pricy though about £10 a bag trade price

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Scotty C

15th Apr 07 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How clean is the underneath

Lookin good Ed, shes come along way

When do you think it'll be done? (sorry if it's been covered, haven't read all the way through)
ed

16th Apr 07 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soon, very soon... Though I need to build a new engine for it because of the old pooping out bolt trick C20XE's do
ed

16th Apr 07 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom finished of doing the underseal for me today. We started off finishing off doing the bag sealer... As some of you probably know, Corsa's are pretty good at going rusty on the front cross member so I asked Tom to cover the enderside of that so that it shouldn't get covered in chips.

The rear arches got a good coating of sealent too because they need to be kept nice.

Next was the stonechip. This was put on almost everywhere under the car to ensure the whole floor pan was nicely sealed up and not going to rot on me. We used Bodyline stuff which is a solvent based stone chip. It didn't react and sprayed really well according to Tom. Also came in at £4 which was enough to do the entire car! Bonus...

Then finally I asked Tom to seam seal the front cross member welds because I had ground off a lot of rust there and I don't want this car to fall apart on me now

The underside, arches and engine bay are up for colour tomorrow. Can't wait to see how the new paint comes out!

[Edited on 16-04-2007 by ed]
Hamish

16th Apr 07 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good. cant wait to see what colour it is
dna23

16th Apr 07 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it going to be green

Looks awesome ed very good work!
ed

16th Apr 07 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything from the underside of the car was just sent off to be powder coated today along with the wheels. All going to be nice and shiney gloss black Hopefully get all those bits back on Friday if I'm lucky....
jr

16th Apr 07 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why spend so much £££ getting it all done, only to be the same colour as standard
ed

16th Apr 07 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't want to be a fasion victim with a ******** coloured car and then some other bits that are random colours that don't even match the rest of the car.

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ed's Corsa B - Updated 05-06-2010 - P49 24 database queries in 0.0289590 seconds