corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread
Cavey

User status: Offline
24th Jul 11 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great race! Well done Hamilton.

at Coulthard saying all 3 of them should be disqualified
Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Jul 11 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good result

Looks like Ferrari have upped their game a bit recently as well.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
AndyKent

24th Jul 11 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
How fucking good is Hamilton. No one can find time out of nowhere like him.

1.1secs ahead of his fake champion teammate too.

I liked this also. Button was like WTF
Shame Button didn't get to finish today, but even so he was miles off the pace both in practise and the race. The trouble he had getting past Petrov was embarrassing tbh.
Nath

24th Jul 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daniel_Corsa_Racist wont like that.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

24th Jul 11 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Daniel_Corsa_Racist wont like that.

Haven't seen it yet, seen start then had to go out just caught them going on podium so will watch highlights!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Jamie-C

24th Jul 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton round the outside of Alonso in turn 2 was epic
emicen

25th Jul 11 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His qualifying lap viewed head to head with Webber's was phenominal. 3rd sector pulling back nearly 4 tenths!

I don't ever recall Button managing to pull time out of thin air like that and I really can't see Button ever going round the outside of Alonso, unless it was to chat to some flange at a bar.
Tom

25th Jul 11 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was an epic performance from Hamilton

That counter over take after getting took was brilliant!
Jamie-C

25th Jul 11 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there anywhere to view Hamilton and Webbers lap side by side? I missed it when I was making a sarnie
noshua

25th Jul 11 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iplayer bout 10minutes before the race started
JonnyJ

25th Jul 11 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen
His qualifying lap viewed head to head with Webber's was phenominal. 3rd sector pulling back nearly 4 tenths!

I don't ever recall Button managing to pull time out of thin air like that and I really can't see Button ever going round the outside of Alonso, unless it was to chat to some flange at a bar.

Exactly why Button should play the Massa role in Mclaren, he just isnt fast enough. Fake champion and boring driver.

Just watched the race, was awesome, Hamilton's move on Alonso was just insane.

Oh and surprise surprise, you put Vettel in the middle of the pack and under pressure and he starts making mistakes.
Tommy L

25th Jul 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Great race! Well done Hamilton.

at Coulthard saying all 3 of them should be disqualified
Why was he saying that?
Jamie-C

25th Jul 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton jumped over the barriers to celebrate, and Alonso hitched a ride with Webber.

He was only joking though
Rick Draper

25th Jul 11 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Hamilton is a fake champion as well. Up against a shit driver in a Ferrari and someone that season in the other who could not gaf and still took it to the last race. Done little since other than bitch about his team, crash a lot and generally have one decent race every so often that everyone sucks his cock for.
chrisritch

25th Jul 11 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
TBH Hamilton is a fake champion as well. Up against a shit driver in a Ferrari and someone that season in the other who could not gaf and still took it to the last race. Done little since other than bitch about his team, crash a lot and generally have one decent race every so often that everyone sucks his cock for.

Shut. Up.
JonnyJ

25th Jul 11 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Rick proves he knows as much about F1 as he does about football.

Maybe you should stop posting in Sports Day mate, dont think its your thing.
Tom

26th Jul 11 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton is a fake champion Define fake champion Rick, because that reasoning is laughable. At least Hamilton is able to race wheel to wheel.
Dom

26th Jul 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Exactly why Button should play the Massa role in Mclaren, he just isnt fast enough. Fake champion and boring driver.

A comment like that makes you almost as bad as oRbbo when it comes to F1; not only does it suggest (which i assume was what Rick was getting at) that every other WDC winner is 'Fake', it's also a complete load of guff!

He won it like any other WDC driver by having a decent car, team and talent/skill.

Also im not sure how he is boring? Maybe it's because he keeps his car on the black stuff unlike his team mate

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
At least Hamilton is able to race wheel to wheel.

Who are you implying can't race 'wheel to wheel'?

[Edited on 26-07-2011 by Dom]
JonnyJ

26th Jul 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didnt just have a decent car, he had a car that was FAR superior to everyone else, you soon saw how good he really was when everyone developed the double diffuser and he won ZERO races. NONE. He completely stumbled across the line, living on the wins he gained at the start of the season when no one could touch the Brawn cars.

Button, unlike Hamilton/Alonso/Vettel, cannot push a car beyond its limits and find time no one else can. Thats what true champions can do. He will never win another world title, at least so long as he is Hamilton is his team mate as its clear who the best driver is in that team.

Being a proper racer means taking risks, risks that sometimes dont pay off, they are bound to eventually but more often than not for Hamilton they do pay off, just look at the last two races, overtaking Alonso on the wet side of the track through Copse and doing Alonso on the outside to retake the lead last weekend, you will never see Button do anything like that and thats why, so long as they are team mates Lewis will always beat Button in the end. You say about Hamilton "not keeping it on the black stuff" (clearly racist btw) but who is ahead of who in the championship atm? Which driver, for the two seasons they have been team mates has consistently out qualified the other? Everyone conveniently forgets the "risky" moves that come off for Lewis and focus on the few that dont. I'd much rather have a driver in my team that wants to win every race and push as hard as he can to achieve that than one that is happy to pootle around in 4th going "meh well that'll do, least im on the track"

I get the feeling the reason people dont like Hamilton is because he has a slightly arrogant attitude, for some reason the English public think their sportsman should be restrained and modest. Fuck that, Hamilton is a hell of a driver, one of if not the best driver in the sport atm, he knows it, most of the racing fraternity know it, so he has reason to be bullish. Good on him i say. If he was shit, then he would look a fool but this is a guy that finished his debut season level with his vastly more experienced team mate and was almost champion in his debut season, something no one has done before. He's been in the title hunt in the last race in 3 out of 4 seasons.

What has Button done other than scrape to a championship win when for the first part of the season no other team should have bothered turning up.

I've got nothing against Button, seems a nice lad, but that isnt enough to make me like him as a racer. Put it simply Button has never done anything that has made me go "wow, that was amazing" hamilton manages it every season, several times.
noshua

26th Jul 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've got nothing against Button, seems a nice lad, but that isnt enough to make me like him as a racer. Put it simply Button has never done anything that has made me go "wow, that was amazing" hamilton manages it every season, several times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBtl0xHpxng

That was just 3 races ago
Rick Draper

26th Jul 11 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Hamilton is a fake champion Define fake champion Rick, because that reasoning is laughable. At least Hamilton is able to race wheel to wheel.

Every world champion is deserved, maybe its because he is not black?. At points in every season each driver generally has a car thats better than everyone else's, look at Vettel last season, the best car by far for vast periods of the year. Is he classed as a fake champion?

Is Schumacher a fake champion as the team provided him with the best car year after year? Your all fucking bellends if you think that.

Button was written off when he went to Mclaren by most fans, he has proven he is a far, far better tactician and i have no doubt that the team is far better off for having him in that car.

Maybe JonnyJ should sit and watch a few F1 seasons and then come back and try and write people off as fake champions #dickhead.
spencer88

27th Jul 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the fuck anyone can say Button is a shit driver after the Canadian Grand Prix is beyond me!

button can drive his car, but unlike Hamilton, he generally makes it last a whole race, not just go hell for leather until it blows up or the tyres run out!
JonnyJ

27th Jul 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Every world champion is deserved, maybe its because he is not black?. At points in every season each driver generally has a car thats better than everyone else's, look at Vettel last season, the best car by far for vast periods of the year. Is he classed as a fake champion?

Is Schumacher a fake champion as the team provided him with the best car year after year? Your all fucking bellends if you think that.

Button was written off when he went to Mclaren by most fans, he has proven he is a far, far better tactician and i have no doubt that the team is far better off for having him in that car.

Maybe JonnyJ should sit and watch a few F1 seasons and then come back and try and write people off as fake champions #dickhead.

Short memory? Schmacher won 2 titles for Benetton, who were not exactly a top team when he turned up in a sport dominated by Mclaren and Williams at the time. Also when he went to Ferrari they hadnt won a title since 1979!

The Canada race is why he fucking annoys me so much. Why doesnt he do that more often?! The answer is because he can only succeed when conditions arent equal, when he has a big advantage over the rest of the field. His tyres were in optimal condition compared to the rest of the field, couple that with the fact that Canada is a "Mclaren track" and of course he was going to go faster, not saying it wasnt still a good drive in tricky conditions just had that been just a normal dry race day, would he have won? No. Too busy ramming Lewis off the track.

But anyway, im sure if Button is as good as everyone says he is he will definitely win another world title soon and beat Hamilton just like last sea....oh. Doesnt matter i suppose least he beats him regularly in qua....oh.

End of the day Lewis has beaten Jenson in 7 of the 10 races so far this season. Not bad for a guy who is "constantly crashing off the circuit"
AndyKent

27th Jul 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, Hamilton was catching him like fuck on the same strategy until he was punted off the track.

As it happens I really like the Hamilton/Button combo and I think they work really well as a team and makes McLaren feel really british which is good. You can't honestly say the two are of equal standard though.
Rick Draper

27th Jul 11 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Short memory? Schmacher won 2 titles for Benetton, who were not exactly a top team when he turned up in a sport dominated by Mclaren and Williams at the time. Also when he went to Ferrari they hadnt won a title since 1979!

The Canada race is why he fucking annoys me so much. Why doesnt he do that more often?! The answer is because he can only succeed when conditions arent equal, when he has a big advantage over the rest of the field. His tyres were in optimal condition compared to the rest of the field, couple that with the fact that Canada is a "Mclaren track" and of course he was going to go faster, not saying it wasnt still a good drive in tricky conditions just had that been just a normal dry race day, would he have won? No. Too busy ramming Lewis off the track.

But anyway, im sure if Button is as good as everyone says he is he will definitely win another world title soon and beat Hamilton just like last sea....oh. Doesnt matter i suppose least he beats him regularly in qua....oh.

End of the day Lewis has beaten Jenson in 7 of the 10 races so far this season. Not bad for a guy who is "constantly crashing off the circuit"

So China 2010 he had the optimum tyre? IIRC he pitted at the optimum time a lap before the nigger slid into the gravel

Ramming lewis off the track, sorry but i thought you could not go any lower in my estimation but you just have. Sorry but thats a utter cockend of a comment by a twat of a poster.

As for Schumacher he galvanised the team around him at benetton and then took them to Ferrari Brawn and Byrne or will you contest that as well

I am sure lewis will win many many more championships, after all he looks so bothered about winning it this season doesnt he. Then again you all believe the bollocks about why he is so exhausted dont you....

O are points awarded for qualifying and beating you teammate now? If so then Alonso or kovalainen will be champion #Dickhead.

[Edited on 27-07-2011 by Rick Draper]

[Edited on 27-07-2011 by Rick Draper]

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0236712 seconds